Seeking Safe Haven

Hello fellow adventurers,

I write this, very worried about how this will be received. My name is Brother Eric Marsters. I am one of the last surviving members of an order known as the Brotherhood of the Light. This order is dedicated to the eradication of necromancy, wherever it may be, and to aid in keeping the Light in the hearts of all people. I write because, since the destruction of the vampire Reinious Thargathian, as well as the near-eradication of my order, I have been wandering, with a spear in my hand, and my bag slung over my shoulder. I have nothing to go back to. The guild that raised me, the Wayside Earth Guild, is long disbanded. The Brotherhood has only a rancid encampment left, with rotten food, and few members remaining. I've wandered through the mists once already, and found myself face to face with a forty foot necrotic beast by the end of the weekend, and survived. I'm hoping if I find myself in Gaden, that I am not greeted with pitchforks, as it seems many mist walkers are. I ask only for a dry piece of floor to sleep on, and a warm meal or two. I am a formalist of the healing arts, as well as being quite adept at the celestial magics. I have met three from your lands already, Hengin, Gandian Ravenscroft, and Eviana. If Mage Eldarion travels here, I have met him as well, and they can vouch for my healing abilities.

Please, if you are willing to take me in, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

May you always walk in the Light,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

**EDIT: Edited for spelling error.

Gorka Help. I get to. I got here first. Gorka help take care.

I'll feed you. You teach Gorka things? Please I'm very interested in talking with you. I need to learn some things.

Gorka understands alone with no people. People of no people together make a new people.

- Gorka

Gorka,

Yes, I can teach, and am willing to teach anything I know. I am looking for any and all allies and friends. Thank you for the welcoming message.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Eric,

I empathize with your situation, it reminds me of when I was driven from my ancestral home by undead many years ago. Luckily, after years of traveling and never feeling like I quite fit in, I was approached by a man who spoke of a place called Harbors Far. I found my self welcomed and at home among these wanderers, and choose to stay with them for over a century and a half. Sadly, a number of us from Harbors Far have recently been stranded, separated from our home and forced to make a life here. To get to my point, we of Harbors Far welcome any and all folk of noble heart, and if you are looking for friendship and comradery among me and my brothers, I am sure we would welcome you to our fire next market day. In fact we are holding a bit of a cook out, where we are inviting the locals and fellow adventures to share in some good food.
I hope to see you there, and perhaps a budding friendship can arise.

With honor always,
Thorador Boulderfist of Harbor's Far

I'd like to know about vampires. How do you identify them? How is the infliction transmuted? How many ways can they kill me? Can it be cured?

Wait... you know Hengin. I'm looking for him. Do you know where he is?

Whats your favorite food? I'm learning how to distill so If you don't mind the risks involved you're welcome to be my tester. I'm good at flat bread and other dishes too. When are you coming?

I usually camp out. I have an extra shelter. I camp with a Stone elf, hes' a nice guy.

Oh Gorka Knows Gandian too. You may be surprised to hear what he's been up to.

When are you coming? I'm gonna travel the mist a bit before the next market day here. There's a traveler's staff that is needed to stop a voice thing, Oh I forgot what it was but it was evil, the voice not the staff. Lok has the staff.

Then I was going to accompany Gandian to wayside. But I'll be back for next market day.

Whats your favorite game? I used to play rhythm games, some times with rope or just hand movements. Gorka can teach you how.

We have nice people in earth guild. Crow's invested in the circle but not part of the guild yet. I wanna get invested. I enjoy helping spirits find their way back to us. All but one of the spirits I've helped came back so I think I'm petty good. Crow helped me though. So he gets credit too.

Crow is a good man. Nice to me. He helped me when Gandian had his dagger to my thought. Crow stood up for me. Friends are good.

I thought I only had one friend, Guba, But then she got lost. and I was sad. But then New friends Helped me find her. Kendra, she's a barbarian from Harbor's far, their nice people, and Roven who likes hanging out alone in the wood but he help me anyways, And Harliquin who is a younger stone elf.

Gorka likes it here, wants to help others make new friends. Leaving is sad, one never forgets where they came from, But you don't have to stay sad.

- Gorka

Thorador,

I'm sorry to hear your tale. I'd be honored to join you around your fire.

Gorka,

I do not know where Hengin is. I saw him a few months ago in Wayside, where I'm from, with a group being led by Mage Eldarion. As for Gandian... yeah. That is one of the reasons I would try to wander this way. To inspect him, and try to make sure that he is not necromantic. I've already told him that if he is a vampire, that my oath says that I will put him down, and he accepts this. As for how vampirism is transmitted... I've heard of two ways. One is a ritual. Another is being drained of blood, and given the vampire's blood. As for fixing vampirism, I've seen three ways. One involved a ritual that I had never seen before, but this was in Vandlar. Another was to destroy the vampire enough times, it just doesn't come back anymore. Destroying the vampire's bottle, I'm told, can speed up the process. The third, well, I've heard of this working once in Wayside... it involved fixing the wrongs that caused the spirit to not want to depart Fortannis. In that case, it involved trust issues from the adventuring community towards a certain man, Lurin.

As for camping out, sure, I may take you up on that. I am a rather big adventurer, though, in both girth and height, so if you have a small shelter, it may not be big enough for me. That is my concern there.

May the Light find you wherever you adventure,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

EricMarsters said:
Another is being drained of blood, and given the vampire's blood.
Considering I was drained of blood by the Lightning Forsaken, I take it this would be a good time for me to mention that I possess a vial of the blood of Reynios Thargathien, then? My clothes were soaked in it, considering Targus "melted" into a pool of blood instead of dissipating like most people do and I was inspecting the body when it happened, so I decided to keep a vial, just as a "souvenir" of sorts. I do not know whether his blood would have any effect on me (especially since you drained him of his vampiric power, Brother), but I will be very careful with the vial all the same.
EricMarsters said:
One involved a ritual that I had never seen before, but this was in Vandlar.
Was this ritual a Ritual of WOE? If so, I know for a fact that there is one floating around Hope's Reach, having identified it at the Celestial Circle myself last market day.

It is an odd thing, but I realize I have been the keeper of many a Vampire's item throughout my time: The ring of Lurin, the bracelet of Runir, and the pants of Targus. But I do not believe this is foreshadowing a transformation, and I once again promise you all that I would never willingly do anything to hurt you. As my most excellent Brother says, I have given him permission to join in the hunt for me, should I become what you fear I might.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
The Possibly Forsaken

Brother Eric Marsters,

If you friend of Eviana, you friend of Cho Ko Nu. Me buy you welcome drink in tavern.

-Cho Ko Nu

Last edited:
Cho Ko Nu,

I'm sorry... I mixed up names. Allendra, or 'Len' as she was called in Wayside, is the woman I met from here in Wayside. I'm sorry for the mistake.

Gandian,

No, not a ritual of woe, which is another way to end a vampire that slipped my mind earlier. This was a scroll unlike any I have ever seen. It required a vial of the target's blood as the only reagent. The effects if something were flawed, though, were quite dire, spreading vampirism to the caster, and others nearby.

You were drained of blood... Completely? Or partially? Were you also fed blood? Has anyone identified your spirit in a celestial circle since then? Do you have a metabolism? Have you been in the sun lately?

As for the blood of Reinious Thargathian, we will have to speak privately about that. Also about who has that stake of woe scroll.

May the Light shine on you in your darkest hour,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

He is eating and has had indirect exposure to sun every day, Direct every five days.
The marks aren't going away though I can't get them to close.

I Killed a larger beast recently to help support my responsibility I was meaning to make the hide into a new shelter you're welcome to it the spare when you come.

were all in your order brothers or were there sisters too? what about cousins?

- Gorka

DracoIam said:
He is eating and has had indirect exposure to sun every day, Direct every five days.
The marks aren't going away though I can't get them to close.

I Killed a larger beast recently to help support my responsibility I was meaning to make the hide into a new shelter you're welcome to it the spare when you come.

were all in your order brothers or were there sisters too? what about cousins?

- Gorka

Gorka,

Why can't you get to them close?

As for my Order... There were Sisters of the Light, after the Brotherhood absorbed the Earth Guild, but most are dead now, because of Thargathian and the lich, his apprentice, Renlee Firstborne, in what is known as the "Extermination of the Light". No cousins.

May the Light show you what you are seeking,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

I don't know why the bite marks don't heal. But I'm inclined to say Majik.

He says he'll just wear a scarf. I'm still worried about infection of the exposed wound. They'd make for awesome scars if they'd just heal over.

You should come visit him. I think he's getting bored of just seeing me.

Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you with rememberings. I just like knowing things. Maybe I should stick to the books though, you can't hurt their feelings. Do you have any books with you? the three I brought I've read more times than I'm willing to admit.

- Gorka

EricMarsters said:
No, not a ritual of woe, which is another way to end a vampire that slipped my mind earlier. This was a scroll unlike any I have ever seen. It required a vial of the target's blood as the only reagent. The effects if something were flawed, though, were quite dire, spreading vampirism to the caster, and others nearby.
Should I fill a vial of my own blood, just in case something like that scroll comes along?

EricMarsters said:
You were drained of blood... Completely? Or partially? Were you also fed blood? Has anyone identified your spirit in a celestial circle since then? Do you have a metabolism? Have you been in the sun lately?
I had a small amount of blood drained from, not anywhere near all of it. And I was given no blood in return. As Gorka says, I've been eating and sitting in the light from my window every day.

I feel immensely foolish, being invested in the Celestial Circle and not remembering to identify myself!

Gorka,

I appreciate the sympathy. I realized I did not answer all of your questions. I'm coming in October, after a few market days in Wayside. My favorite foods are cow, cooked medium rare, bacon, or another dish, taking flatbread, coating one side with a tomato paste, then cheese, then pepperoni. I don't drink alcohol, so your brewing skills would be for naught. I'm sorry to hear you lost a spirit trying to resurrect. I can sympathize. I've been involved in hundreds of resurrections, and most did not return.

Gandian,

We'll check things here in Wayside. I'm going to want to check you out... if Gorka is there, she can witness it. If the people of Gaden will allow it, I'd like to do the same to you there. The mists can do crazy things to a being. As for your blood... not a bad idea. Make sure you have a healer help you with that. As for the blood from Thargathian... perhaps that should stay in Wayside. We can talk about that in person. If you weren't fully drained, and you can be in the sun, I doubt you're a vampire. I will check, though, to be sure, and to alleviate fears.

May the Light shine upon you, revealing your true self,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Brother Eric Marsters,

Me very good friend of Allendra too. Same as before, if friend her, you friend me, me still offer drink in Tavern for good welcome.

-Cho Ko Nu

Last edited:
EricMarsters said:
I have met three from your lands already, Hengin, Gandian Ravenscroft, and Eviana.
Brotherhood of the Light

Brother Eric Marsters,
You are incorrect my friend, you have actually have met quite a few more than three from our lands. I have fought alongside you during my many travels through the mists with Jamina and Igneous. I'll gladly welcome you here in Hope's Reach. I invite you to start a new beginning for the Brotherhood of the Light here as well, if your willing. We could always use a helping hand from such an experienced adventurer as yourself. And your help with assessing Gandian will be much appreciated!

May your weapons strike true,
- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Master Blacksmith and Guardian of Hope's Reach

tazoulti said:
EricMarsters said:
I have met three from your lands already, Hengin, Gandian Ravenscroft, and Eviana.
Brotherhood of the Light

Brother Eric Marsters,
You are incorrect my friend, you have actually have met quite a few more than three from our lands. I have fought alongside you during my many travels through the mists with Jamina and Igneous. I'll gladly welcome you here in Hope's Reach. I invite you to start a new beginning for the Brotherhood of the Light here as well, if your willing. We could always use a helping hand from such an experienced adventurer as yourself. And your help with assessing Gandian will be much appreciated!

May your weapons strike true,
- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Master Blacksmith and Guardian of Hope's Reach

Tazoulti,

You are right. It seems my dreams have left me a bit forgetful lately, I did meet the three of you. I will do what I can to figure out what has happened to Gandian. My knowledge has expanded, but it is far from complete.

For those that are interested in following the Light, or interested in learning what it is about at its core, if you are traveling to Wayside in the next few weeks, seek me out there, and we can speak. Otherwise, just flag me down Gaden. Or, if you can't wait, send me a pigeon, and I can speak to you.

May the Light shine wherever you may go,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Brother Eric Marsters.
We have never met and i have heard a little about your brotherhood of the light.
But would love to learn more. I am a mystic wood elf adept. But know many levels of earth magic.
I see you are for eradication of necromancy and i would love to see that done here.
I also detest the use of dominations and other ways people can take over your mind.
I will be in Hopes reach soon and hope to meet you and learn about your order.
If you need anything let me know, i would love to help.
Crow

Crow,

I would welcome telling you anything and everything about my Order. Right now, I'm in need of a couple things.

First, a meeting with a ranking noble... your new Baron, if he has a moment, but if not him, his seneschal. If people are interested in the Brotherhood, I want to make sure that the proper and rightful rulers of Gaden do not see the Brotherhood of the Light as encroaching on any of their authority, and respect the crown of Gaden, and do not see us as an outside force recruiting within their lands to breed sedition.

Second, I am seeking a celestial teacher, for the seventh, eighth, and ninth circles of the celestial arts.

Beyond that, I believe Gorka has sleeping space for myself, and I am going to be around to teach as many as I possibly can at breakfast and dinner.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Brother Eric Marsters,

We fought along side each other many months ago against Targus. If I recall it was you alone with your experience that gave the group the power to halt Targus.

You are more than honored in our lands and am more than eager to await your arrival so you can see just how grim our lands are as is yours.

Though I might be seeing you sooner than later in Wayside.

- D'rezz Zandrick

Back