"Seeking Vision" hastily scrawled.

Sheakhan

Adept
A scrap of parchment pinned to the board, ink still wet and smeared with the slightest traces of blood:

"I require assistance with a vision ritual. The price may be negotiated in coin, assets, consumables and/or labor. I possess some measure of liquid asset as well as a small collection of alchemical reagents, information, a formal scroll of no small value, various components, weapons, etc.
Additional details will be relinquished upon meeting an agreeable sum. Discretion is not optional. I can only assure you that no part of this arrangement requires a breach in "moral" decency.

I have recovered focuses to aid in the ritual's completion.

I require a response no later than two days prior to this coming gather.

-Roann Flynt"

I possess some measure of liquid asset as well as a small collection of alchemical reagents, information, a formal scroll of no small value, various components, weapons, etc.

Roann,

I have no taste and little time for games, so I will get straight to the heart of the matter:
Is information now a commodity to you, to be traded and bargained for when you want something?

What happened to your "outrage" when you thought others were keeping information for themselves; when Kasuni and Luke simply hadn't had time to distribute the information you sought so fiercely to get made public?

"Principles" mean nothing if you don't adhere to them. At least those you accused of hoarding information didn't try to sell it for profit, or something they needed in return.

Let me refresh your memory:

I cannot help but notice that the most recently acquired information regarding the houses has yet to be included in the public tome. I'm certain I'm mistaken, it's not as if any of our number are deliberately withholding or hoarding pieces of this puzzle we face. It would however be quite a shame if in the future, vital information were withheld or simply forgotten, information that could prevent death or tribulation. Thankfully the information lacking at current poses no such risk, at least not to the meager collective knowledge.

Sharing information should not be a matter of personal feelings. In case you had not noticed... we are on the cusp of being carved, still pulsating, from this wound of a place like some rancid infection. Information and orderly conveyance of the same are vital to survival.

The individuals currently clutching their information are quite capable of sharing, and have, to the detriment of our plight, chosen not to expedite it's release. An individual's merit is determined in their usefulness, tangible or otherwise. If I convey prejudice against those who are not making themselves useful it is only due to their actual decline in merit as a result. As well as their apparent willingness to place their leisure above the lives of all affected.

Or perhaps you have changed your tone and not told anyone?

Have you not shared this "valuable" information with others? If you have not, then you are a hypocrite; if you have, then you are ripping -someone- off AND a hypocrite for not freely sharing information with someone who clearly wants it bad enough to trade their potentially valuable services for it.

Care to enlighten us as to the difference?

In service,
-Sir Avaran

Avaran,

You seem to have mistaken me for a man of principle. Regardless, I believe my choice of words may have led to this misunderstanding.

In the instances you reference, I was pointing to a particular sort of information. Perhaps I should have been more clear, though as it was the sort of information in question it did not occur to me to clarify the point.
That being said, I will readily enlighten you. Under the assumption you actually care to discern the difference.

Information that ought be shared freely (as I suggested many gathers ago) is information that is of importance to the community at whole. Information that may ready us for an attack, prepare us for enigmas to come, or steel us for experiences we have yet to face. Information on which many if not all of our lives balance, fates are risked, and wars rely. Information such as: enemy battle plans, keys to riddles and puzzles we have yet to decipher, strategic information. You know it's like. Withholding this information can and will have large-scale consequences.

Information that might be sold without my taking issue does not benefit the whole, is not necessary to our survival, and may serve no purpose other than as curiosity or perhaps to those directly concerned some degree of business, academic, or personal gain. I am willing to trade in information I have or can acquire if that information serves these ends. Information such as a prominent public figure's eating schedule, a merchant's business practices, the safest route through the marketplace for a traveler with no head for spotting pickpockets, or the etymology of "flour-flusher". Witholding this information has no discernible effect on the whole. It may only influence a single person, perhaps a small group. But in the grand scheme means nothing.

I would hope now that the difference is apparent. In this particular instance I offer for trade information of the second sort. My large-scale information is, and has been freely disseminated amongst those who have an ear for it, and directly to those whom are in the greatest position to make use of or spread it more effectively. I will continue to disseminate such information as I gather it, make no mistake. If you find this claim to be difficult to accept, I suggest you speak with any number of local adventurers who can attest to my having routinely supplied valuable information that has saved lives including the location of captured Wood Elves, enemy battle plans, Legion movements, and enemy commander's locations. If I am not mistaken, such information has successfully allowed us to slay no fewer than two commanding members of the Savage Legion. This information cost those hearing it nothing other than their time.

Now...

Are you willing and or capable of providing the services I seek? It is my understanding that you are one of, if not the most talented Formalist in these lands. If you question my dealings so publicly and vehemently, it might set you better at ease to deal with me directly so as to verify or dispel your opinions.

-Roann Flynt

Sir Avaran is not a formalist. He is a very skilled fighter. Maybe he is a formal fighter. Perhaps that makes him a Formalist of combat but not of vision rituals. I think you may be mistaking him for Alavatar. See information!

-Karzel

Roann,

Sir Avaran is no Formalist. You're thinking of Alavatar, the Red Wizard, former leader of the Brotherhood of the Star.

Sir Avaran is the sort of man who has two blades that seem effective at destroying anything that poses a threat to the community.

He's tall, rather swift, and is reputed to be getting better at waking up in the morning.

-Z

Last edited:
Admittedly, had I not known both Alavatar and Avaran for a great long while, myself, I could very easily get their identities confused.

There is also such a thing as information pertinent to a community and information for sale that would not harm it. Such is the way of history.

-Eli

Noted. I ought apologise to Alavatar for the confusion.

Roann,

I caution you against further insults against my friend. I am the personal recipient of the information you've...freely...dissummilated...dissimalateted....

...given out.

I will personally vouch for that.

But that doesn't mean you need to encourage this pointless bickering between yourself and the Andarian nobles, regardless of how much the two camps dislike the other.

Let this squabble between you all cease. Regardless of "who is right," there's absolutely nothing to gain from its continuance, except to serve as a catalyst towards a greater conflict that -none of us- can afford.

The Legion's weakness is that they can't work together.

We should strive to be the very antithesis of that weakness.

I think I used that word right.

-Z

Fair enough, Zeth. You have the right of it.

And yes, that is it's proper useage for the most part.

Apologies Avaran. I will not be seeking your ire again. We both have greater things to be concerned with.

Roann,

To be clear, I am not upset, nor am I "squabbling", nor do I dislike you. I was merely trying to understand your...perspective...on things given your previous statements regarding information. I did nothing more than speak plainly and directly, which seems to be your preferred method - it is mine, to be sure - and offer a simple opinion if things were they way I saw them. 00

While I certainly understand and see the difference between the two types of information to which you refer, I would caution you against making assumptions about the import of even the smallest piece of information. Such small pieces of "unimportant" information not shared in the past lead to the destruction of an entire Weave of reality; to-wit, one person's unimportant information is another person's most valuable information. But either way, your point is taken.

Apologies Avaran. I will not be seeking your ire again. We both have greater things to be concerned with.

There is no apology needed, Roann. Despite what you - or others - might think, I do not dislike you, nor do I harbor ill-will toward you; you've done nothing outstanding to earn that. Point of fact, I respect a person who can be honest about themselves (admitting you are not a man of principle is...odd...to say the least, since you actually seem to...in your own way), which you have been near as I can tell.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

In service,
-Sir Avaran

As with everyone in our community Roann, you are always welcome to approach me anytime with such requests.

-Luke

Back