Seeking Work

Letter- Adlao on Behalf of Yumo for Work 10.13.21.jpg

((Transcription))
"Greetings and Good Health to all and any who happen upon these words,

My name is Adlao, a Housemother from an orphanage in the village of Rosemont Grove near Wayside and a member of the Phoenix Flight Guild. I am seeking work on behalf of my dear friend Yumo, a daring adventurer. He is a hard worker, and is very resourceful and strong; he offers his labor to work fields for farmers, or eradicate pests that threaten crops and safety. He hopes to earn wages in order to procure food stuffs for his tribe to last the coming winter, and will accept grain as currency at fair market value.

If you have any suitable jobs for him, please let me know, and I will relay the details to him. If the work requires many hands, I will also be able to help in this regard, provided that all employed will be compensated fairly as well for their diligence.

May Light and Earth be kind to you in your endeavors!

With sincere gratitude,
Madrina Adlao, HM"

Adlao,

I don't necessarily have work, but maybe he can help build the outhouses for the orphanage so that all the kids can poop again. When you told me they had no place to do their business it was the 4th saddest thing I've ever heard. Has it already been built? Do you need even more money? Children just need a safe place to do their business. Let me know if you need more gold for that!

-Maiev

My dear Maiev,

This is an excellent idea! I have not yet given thought to how I may apply the generosity you gifted to us. This is certainly one project in which his skills would be most helpful. There is a carpenter’s daughter who survived the undead attacks on her village, and before her father was taken from her, she learned much of her father’s trade- enough I think, that she knows how to build edifices such as these. I am working on sourcing lumber for the village in general, but Yumo I think will be of great aid to her.

If you hear of any others who have similar tasks, please let me know!

Light and Earth illumine you.

Madrina Adlao,

My name is Nyio Sorn. Let us talk at the market coming up as I may have some work for your friend and you as well. You can't miss me as I am the Dwarf with all the armor and Lion Heads on it. We shall talk over some drinks and discuss business if that is alright with you? I look forward to our talk and the Ale that comes with it.

Go With Pride
-Sir Nyio Sorn
-Aspiring Thane to King O'Dell

Greetings Sir Nyio Sorn,

I am grateful for your response! Surely I and my compatriot will seek you out next market. I hope that our service will be sufficient and merit good compensation. I myself unfortunately can not partake of the fermented fruits of the earth due to my ritual vows (save for on special holidays), but I will certainly share drink and break bread with you as we discuss!

May Light illumine you, and Earth open The Way.

With gratitude,
Madrina Adlao, HM

Adlao,

While we are burdening Nyio with support and workers. Can you make sure that Bruenor comes along as well. It would benefit him to meet other Master Blacksmiths and learn of the history we've uncovered this season. Thank you.

FF

P.S. Well met Nyio.

Madrina Adlao,

My name is Nyio Sorn. Let us talk at the market coming up as I may have some work for your friend and you as well. You can't miss me as I am the Dwarf with all the armor and Lion Heads on it. We shall talk over some drinks and discuss business if that is alright with you? I look forward to our talk and the Ale that comes with it.

Go With Pride
-Sir Nyio Sorn
-Aspiring Thane to King O'Dell
Letter Adlao to Nyo regarding materials.png

A rustic, bark-wrought tube bound in jute arrives via courier. The courier says it came from Rosemont Grove. Opening it releases the faint fragrance of a bright incense dappled with notes of ginger and roses. Inside is a carefully rolled scroll bearing a simple cream-colored beeswax seal stamped with a heart, penned in a flowing script:

((Transcription))

Greetings Sir Nyio Sorn,

Health to you and your people. I am grateful for the opportunity to share food and drink with you at the last market. I felt much safer in the Plane of Mirror with you on our side!

Here are the details for the work contract we agreed on:
The Phoenix Flight Guild will do our best to source raw materials of high quality suitable for your new keep: Timber, Stone, Clay (brick), Sand (glass), lead, iron, and/or tin.

I believe many of these materials can be found near the Village of Rosemont Grove. With their permission, I will see if we can gather these materials there, provided the people of the village are also justly compensated. To that end, I am searching for the following professionals to help us evaluate the natural resources near the village to ensure that they are of high enough quality: Surveyor, Quarryperson, Miner, Arborist, or Woodsperson/Lumberer. If you know anyone with these skills, please let me know so that I may reach out to them.

After having the materials appraised and harvested, I will try to arrange for transport to Norlund. Rosemont Grove is situated along a tributary of the Everflow, and in that way, we can efficiently ship them out to sea for transport via boat. I, as of yet, do not have these logistical connections for shipping goods; again, your help in this area would also be appreciated. Lady Fallingstar is currently working on supporting the village with resources to rebuild, so in a few months, we should be up and running, Earth willing.

I appreciate your patronage of both the Phoenix Flight Guild and Rosemont Grove. Your funds will go a long way to helping both grow in these challenging times.

With Gratitude,
Madrina Adlao- HM, LSW

((OOC: I’ll use my next set of IBGAs to try to coordinate this, and see what kind of cool stuff we can find! My guild mates are willing to help out with the collecting matts. I’ll also ask around and see if anyone has any relevant C/Os. Thanks! )).

Housemother Adlao and Aspiring Thane Sorn,

If you are looking for professional tradesfolk, the soon to be inaugurated Bunchberry Trade School at the Prademar University employs a cadre of master carpenters, masons, architects, structural engineers, laborers, as well as several professional Adjuncts who would be available at market rates to erect the Aspiring Thane's keep. The only request is they are allowed to engage their apprentices in the venture that this might be a teachable moment for up and coming Wayside artisans. Please seek me out this Market Day that we might discuss details.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Last edited:
If youre looking for shipping by sea, The Vineasy Trading Company has 10 different lanes established always running. Lumber, other cargo, people, we ship it all. All you have to do is reach out with which boat meets your needs.

Binks

Housemother Adlao and Aspiring Thane Sorn,

If you are looking for professional tradesfolk, The soon to be inaugurated Bunchberry Trade School at the Prademar University employs a cadre of master carpenters, masons, architects, structural engineers, laborers, as well as several professional Adjuncts who would be available at market rates to erect the Aspiring Thane's keep. The only request is they are allowed to engage their apprentices in the venture that this might be a teachable moment for up and coming Wayside artisans. Please seek me out this Market Day that we might discuss details.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Thank you, friend Dramthin!
I will certainly seek you out, and ask Sir Nyio to join us.

I hope that this will be a mutually beneficial arrangement. Surely the best teacher is experience, and we can certainly use the help.

I look forward to connecting next Market!

~*~
Madrina Adlao- HM, LSW

Last edited:
If youre looking for shipping by sea, The Vineasy Trading Company has 10 different lanes established always running. Lumber, other cargo, people, we ship it all. All you have to do is reach out with which boat meets your needs.

Binks

Honourable Captain Binks,

I am pleased to hear this, and wish to discuss shipping logistics with you for this project and others. Rosemont Grove is nestled in a valley remote by road due to the meandering wooded hills that surround the village, and is better accessible by river. I am working with Lady Fallingstar to rebuild and improve conditions there, but one of the hurdles has been means of transport.

I would be most grateful to you to begin negotiations for river-bound and sea-bound trade routes. I invite you to join us at our table next Market.

~*~
Madrina Adlao- HM, LSW

Last edited:
Back