Selling and wanted Section

Fearless

Can you add a for sale and looking to buy section to the boards :)
I know Im starting out and there are a few things I would love to get and old timers have extra or know how to make it and get it!

fw

I agree that it would nice to have an OOG -Items For Sale/Items Wanted- section ... if restricted to Alliance-related items. If you want to sell a PC or Car, there is always Craig's List.

Sell a PC?! What kind of Larp do you think this is. Sure I've rented the occasional NPC but wow.....

How about an IG section as well, so characters can sell their magic items too...

wouldn't alot of those be LCO, and therefor could be done by the person who wanted to sell them simply creating thier own thread in thier chapter's IG section?

just sayin..

markusdark said:
I would say that the IG sells should be chapter specific (as in under their IG headings) but OOG sales could be nation-wide.

You can put the IG things under the "Fortannis" IG section, which usually doesn't have that much traffic.

Well I was just saying put them under the chapter's in game sections since I don't think Ashbury (Penn.) needs to hear about what I am selling/buying in game out here in Parna (California).

Meanwhile someone who plays in Ashbury may be interested in buying some armor or weapons I make out here in Cali - that's why the OOG sales should be universal/global.

UPS USPS DSL FED X just to name a few
I know it adds to the cost of the item but still I would rather buy from a fellow Alliance then off e-bay

JMHO I dont think that game items coin magic items ect... should be done online
this is a LARP Live Action not NA net action
but thats just my 2 coppers

FW

Frank Wiccan said:
JMHO I dont think that game items coin magic items ect... should be done online
this is a LARP Live Action not NA net action
but thats just my 2 coppers

FW

I would agree with this.

Also, isn't there a rule about magic items and/or ritual scrolls not travelling through the mists, unless approved by local management? I thought I remember seeing something about that on the old boards.

All ritual scrolls are LCO. They do not pass chapters. Magic items can be restricted or LCO. Restricted items generally travel but IIRC owners reserve the right to be able to reject these from their game as well. An LCO item CAN travel if permission is gained both from the original issuing chapter and the chapter in which the user intends to bring it. This sometimes happens with racial artifacts and such but never for gobbied items.

Ezri said:
Restricted items generally travel but IIRC owners reserve the right to be able to reject these from their game as well. An LCO item CAN travel if permission is gained both from the original issuing chapter and the chapter in which the user intends to bring it. This sometimes happens with racial artifacts and such but never for gobbied items.

This is not correct, gobbied items fall in the same realm as the artifacts you mentioned. I've never heard of scrolls travelling, but gobbied LCO items have been allowed at "national" events, like the high level event held in NJ in 2005(?). So it is possible such items can be allowed transfer in VERY specific circumstances. This is the only instance of that I know of.

aara said:
Ezri said:
Restricted items generally travel but IIRC owners reserve the right to be able to reject these from their game as well. An LCO item CAN travel if permission is gained both from the original issuing chapter and the chapter in which the user intends to bring it. This sometimes happens with racial artifacts and such but never for gobbied items.

This is not correct, gobbied items fall in the same realm as the artifacts you mentioned. I've never heard of scrolls travelling, but gobbied LCO items have been allowed at "national" events, like the high level event held in NJ in 2005(?). So it is possible such items can be allowed transfer in VERY specific circumstances. This is the only instance of that I know of.

I know of one that was given for helping out NERO (at the time, before dragon items/stamps were made).

Gilwing said:
aara said:
Ezri said:

I know of one that was given for helping out NERO (at the time, before dragon items/stamps were made).
One? Restricted gobbied item?

I was talking about the "LCO item can travel... but never gobbied items" piece. I know nothing about the creation of gobbied restricted items... just that LCO items have been allowed in chapters other than the chapter that issued them, that's it. <shrug>

I forgot about the big event that allowed GS items, you're right Kelly. That's a VERY rare instance however, not the norm. *shrug* Never say never I guess ;)

Back