Sept 2010 Gameday Photos

Thanks again for letting me come out and document your gameday! I'll be sure to let you know when the article runs. (It could be a month or two before I'm able to attend all the Portland area LARPs...)(speaking of which, does anyone know how I might get a hold of Bill Bush, the fellow who runs the Vampire Games?)(thanks!)

In the meantime, I've posted some of the photos I took at the gameday on my DeviantArt page. Enjoy!

http://lost-capella.deviantart.com/gall ... -Sept-2010

Is it just me, or does Poxy look ready to garrote someone? :eek:

I'll send an email to Bill Bush and see if he's okay with me giving out his email address.

It was great having you out! Thank you for thinking of us for your article, and I look forward to seeing it in print (plus, you know, it wouldn't be bad if you came and hung out, whether or not an Alliance game was involved. :) ). Thanks also for making the photos available.

I would not want to be in front of Poxy when he looks like that.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Unfortunately, work and school keep me pretty busy, so there's a slim chance I'll be able to make it to another game. But I do live in downtown Portland, though, and if any of my old LARPer buddies want to grab coffee and trade some words, I'd be much obliged.

To JP and Selo (who sent me a private message, but it seems I don't have the right level of board access to respond to it), if you could pass my email address along to the Vampire people you know, I'd be grateful. It's "steeles[at]pdx.edu". In fact, if anyone knows of any moderately sized open-to-the-public LARPs based in Portland, please let me know. I'd like to include as many as possible in the article

There are more pictures coming: I took about 500 on Marc and Raissa's camera. Knowing my track record for having photos actually turn out, probably about 30 of them are worth looking at. I'll post um when I get um.

Those pictures are amazing! Even the ones with me in them - and I naturally take awful pictures! xD

Asakura said:
Those pictures are amazing! Even the ones with me in them - and I naturally take awful pictures! xD

It's hard to take a bad photo of a good costume. And that goes for everyone: I was deeply impressed by the effort you all made to physically represent your characters in a way that was, well, aesthetically pleasing. It's little wonder so many pedestrians stopped to watch. ^_^

Back