Sept Faves

Anique

Scout
In no particular order

The Dark Queens diplomacy...

Stringing a peasent to the flagpole by his ankles.

Flowers!

Fae Flaws.

Making Bank. I have not seen so many magic items/scrolls in ages!

Immunity to magic.

*Blinded by the light....*

Squishing Garroth.

DB lights.

and last but not least....umm...I forgot.

HMMM, let me see...

Playing Life...Death....Life....Death.... YoYo with Lidia Fallingstar (Hope I spelled it right)

The Trial of Marcie, big brudda helping his sister, Man you had me about to cry Jess

Singing in the tavern, Maxwell the Bard

Not being Jehan's Friend %&*##! ;) , man Maxwell hates those Fey :D

Red Cap wakeup calls, lovely bedside manner boys :lol:

Rezzin and Getting double stories. Yea for Bob and Gwen's Rez TagTeam!

Telling Maxwell's Philosophy on Women. It's all about da Love baby!

The Royal Meeting, LOVE the debates

All things Dramthin, Always a pleasure RP'n with you. A very sharp wit about you sir. :)

ALL the NPC's, Rock on Gang!

ALL THINGS DAVE and AMY HERALD, in my opionion the chapter would and could not exist without your efforts. HUGS!!!!!

The nasty green Basy, MEEKER awesome makeup job, I will get the pics up soon I promise.

The pixies, awww soo cute you could puke :lol:

Just glad to see everyone who made it out to play and help run.

Much fun, it's nice to be on the other side of the playing field for an event. I have missed it.

Matt

Pixify me Captain :D

Meekers HSSSSS man o_O (EEEBBBIIILLL SNAKEY!!)

The Trial discussion of T-Bagging with the big High Orc guy (lmfao Havok)

the Running and trying to avoid the trial

NPCing, great fun as always

*Sad Tear* no ark :cry:
HE WILL GET YOU NEXT TIME MATT!!! PREPARE FOR THE FULL FURY OF ARK AND HIS NOT GETTING TO MEET THE...errrmmm....FAIRY/PIXIE-NESS!!!!

lolz ^_\\\

oh, and not mentioned on the other one, one the March to the Dark Fairy Queen trial thing, changing all of the words of Queen's- Bohemian Rhapsody, into some form of NPC/PC/Noob and Rezing song

lolz. ^_^

OMJAYYY PHEONIX DOWN ME *laff laff laff laff laff lolz rofl*!!! o_O

Kuronue said:
oh, and not mentioned on the other one, one the March to the Dark Fairy Queen trial thing, changing all of the words of Queen's- Bohemian Rhapsody, into some form of NPC/PC/Noob and Rezing song

And with that, m'dear. You have encapsulated my favorite part. ^_^

MY FAVES!

RPing with Paul, Diplomicy VS. Barbaric Nature... FIGHT!

Comming out as the big snake and getting beaten down without killing a thing. At first this pissed me off tremendously considering how massive it was and the 45min+ to do the phis repping. But, seing how ultimately prepaired the PCs were, I was quite impressed.

Viki, for some reason your RP is the most unique I find myself encountering on a regular LARPing basis. Truly your own named brand RP.

All things Chicago! There is not a group of adventurers that make NPCs work more, RP more, or more blood thirsty. You guys pull stuff and do things that leave Monster Camp quiet and asleep. I hope that we can continue to facilitate your hanous needs. :D

Marcena's trial, I could feal Arkade comming out of me.

Jeremiha, the one who helped me become the hideous Baskilisk I was that day.

All new NPCs I cannot say enough words, you guys are what make the event, everything from Arch too crazed wolfs, from bandits too towns folk. Keep inviting more, keep involved, keep up the great work.

Matt, it was AWSOME!!!!! to see you in charecter!!!!!

Ryan, never got a chance to tell you at the event. I have tremendous respect for you and your knowlage of the game. When I see you getting frustrated or even pissed I know its not at somone but its you wanting the game to be played how it was made to be. I'n the future, I would not rather have anyone else Marshal mods I'm on or running. You just have a big heart man, and I respect that.

Dramthin, you sir have an astounding wit about you. Love talking to you IG and OOG as alwase.

Dave/BTB, I throughly enjoy your company and RPing.

Havok/Mike... you just make me happy, and I never need to be part of the conversation.

ARGGG!!! There are more but alas I have things that wonte do themselves. Thanks everyone of a very fun event!

-=Mike Meeker=-

alright, i'm going to be that guy. i really enjoy playing at TC, and i've really enjoyed events in the past, but, i have to say, i was not as pumped leaving the event as i was arriving

really, i just felt somewhat adrift through most of the weekend. from what i understand, the Saturday night "Beast Master" didn't have anything to do with the rest of the weekend; most of Saturday was interacting with different flavours of Fae (which did have a lot of fun variety) who didn't really seem to know what was going on; we went on a couple adventures in the afternoon, but both seemed more on the fly than part of a greater arc and though i was highly challenged by the Dark Dryad module (Holy Screaming Arcane Death, Batman!), i didn't really feel it was connected to anything else. that night, we chatted with the Seelie Queen and even she seemed a bit confused as to what we should be doing, other than partying with pixies who hadn't returned since before noon. the next morning, we floated out to track down some bandits, but that was mostly prompted by PCs and their desire to hit things til they bleed

this last weekend just felt unanchored. that is, there were a lot of great ideas floating around (fae are rife with beautiful concepts) but didn't seem to be nailed down as securely as possible. i'm not an advocate for a deep-hook plot which drags PCs along regardless of their will, but there has to be a middle line between that and an event which seemed almost listless. the weekend ended where we began, but with no real progress, sense of accomplishment, or continuity

now, i did have a lot of fun roleplaying with both PCs and NPCs. both Trials were a lark, and i'm glad we were given leeway, by plot, to expand the town's concept of justice. i always love how much i can explore my character and his background at TC: i have lots of time to interact with the other characters; the NPCs i speak with are usually very interesting people with thoughts on life, the universe, and everything. we had an extended conversation with the King over the interaction between sentience and citizenship and whether a specific goblin could be considered a High Goblin akin to High Orcs - ¡and i lurved it! wikkid awesome sauce!

really, TC has always been a great place for swanky ideas, personal role-play, depth and texture of setting, but, methinks, the sense of story-line, plot, and tenable goals has been a bit harder to piece together. it's like the BIG picture exists, but there is no attachment to the little

My top ten favorites in order:

1) My resurrection story from Jehan. It was the most emotional experience i have had at nero. Hearing Paul talk to me about Togashin and the experiences we've had the past year and a half was awesome.

2) Playing hoop-scotch with Jehan and losing by default, but then winning at a game of tic-tac-toe so i could win Liddia a flower was cool.

3) Getting to hangout all weekend with my close friends and getting to sew a few i don't get to see that often. Yay for camp fires, hot dogs, and lasagna sandwitches.

4) .

5) ..

6) ...

7) ....

8) .....

9) ......

10) .......

Thats all i got.

Ryan

I won't try to post a top 10 or anything I'll just do a good and not so good section.

Good Stuff:

As always, the RP time we get is excellent and there are always a few outstandingly good scenes to be had. Matt's PC was just a blast to see and even though I never could get about to singing with him I wish I could have and I saw him keep people in game. I thought the scene with Toga's Rez was very emotional for all of us and really appreciated Bob's IG comment of " Thank you all for letting me be a part of something beautifull like that".

The meeting with the King was neat. It was rewarding to get to name a Duchy after something most of the character's beleive in.

Tavern Food- Amy is an awesome person and I don't eat as well at any other chapter as I do in TC. The cheese platters and oranges especially hit the spot this weekend and helped me out tremendously. Amy you rock and I want to help you keep it up, let me know what you need for donations for next event or I can just bring a little cash.

You guys had NPCs... how refreshing. It was neat to have so many energetic attitudes with which to work. I saw a mod where PCs were outnumbered almost 2-1 for only the 4th time in my LARP Career. NPCs, you guys are learning fast and theres a million things comming in at once.

As John said the RPing of most NPCs has always been the strengh of TC's plot team. For the most part it was still on this weekend.

NPC makeup was great. Normally when you see a lot of NPCs you see a lot of really bad makeup. I saw some good stuff and some cool props. Meeker, props for the snake dude and we honestly couldn't "play with it" since he had an "arcane death" effect everytime we hit him. If we all could have fought him... trust me... .Bart would not have pulled the Chihuaha on Rat impersonation that he did. I

Not So Good Stuff:

Where RPing is the strengh Scaling and Action are an opportunity. 4 mods per logistics period when you have 12 NPCs and 2 able runners is just not enough... especially when almost every PC asks to double hook or is willing to be more "inclusive" of other pcs. In adition, mod scaling this weekend was a bit off. There was no rescale for 1 mod even though 4 NPCs dropped out which really made things much easier. There was however, an issue with scaling up without making caster's feel non-existent.

Rhinohiding, Machine Gunning, Charging, etc... they happen. They happened more than I care to experience this weekend despite new players. Some of the culprits were people who've played for over a year. I get that some of the cards were a mite more difficult to play but I thought that maybe they shouldn't have been done.

This weekend felt like 2 days of punishment for trying to be a noble for me. I didn't feel like any of us were catered to much or really got a chance to do what we wanted. There are times when all of us want to go out and smack stuff and get that Buzz... I didn't get it out of this weekend. I'm pretty simple, heck I rave when we have a good one.... so do all of us. Meeker you stated the RP we had this weekend as being your favorite RP of the weekend I remember it differently. It felt as though the only thing we've managed to accomplish as a town this season to help Valdanis was taken away from us. In a chapter where one of our most common complaint is that we feel unacomplished despite best efforts...I feel it may have been ill advised to throw out another "you suck" plotline and not close it out over the weekend.

I feel as though I have a bunch of plots I'm hooked into but no sense of advancement on any of them. I've asked for updates, sent IBGAs, dug for info from NPCs at game but the only time i've ever really pushed a plot forward I was told that I couldn't continue/conclude until next June. As a player, this is disheartening in that I can't get exited about events and I really can't stand the emotional punishement my character goes trhough from not accomplishing anything ever.

In Summation- I'm not posting these things to take anyone wind out of their sails. I am posting them because I genuinly feel this most talented plot team has done, and can do better.

Thanks,

Paul

I just wanted to add,

I had a very long conversation with Bev last night after she reached out to me with some concerns. I wanted to thank her for taking the time and for listening to comments I had for her. She and I came to a lot of exciting consensus as player to plot person and I am excited to be there next event.

Thanks,

Paul

I seem to be a little late with my feed back. I agree with everything that has been stated by both John and Paul. I did enjoy playing yo yo with you Matt and the Beast master conversation.

I hope to see you all again soon,
Amanda

Back