Sept Tourney

Despite my preference for the tourney to use packet archery in new and creative ways, I also enjoy real bow-shooting. However, I am still not convinced that we are going to have proper equipment. Boffers and packets are abundant, but who is offering to provide actual quality bows and arrows? Three years ago, the bows and arrows we used in the Vansir Reclaim tourney were pretty durable, but the year after that they were not. Who is bringing what?

Khorwyn Brey said:
Despite my preference for the tourney to use packet archery in new and creative ways, I also enjoy real bow-shooting. However, I am still not convinced that we are going to have proper equipment. Boffers and packets are abundant, but who is offering to provide actual quality bows and arrows? Three years ago, the bows and arrows we used in the Vansir Reclaim tourney were pretty durable, but the year after that they were not. Who is bringing what?

I have been working behind the scenes to confirm that all equipment will be quality. I am absolutely convinced that we will have enough GOOD bows and GOOD arrows and GOOD targets to have two archers firing at the same time.

-MS

The bows being used have the following stats:

# 28in. Max Draw Length
# 20lb. Max Draw Weight
# Ambidextrous

Any lighter than that and you're looking at kiddie bows with very short draw lengths and even shorter flight distance. And ambidextrous design means that nobody's at a disadvantage and everyone's shooting on the same equipment.

Fearless Leader said:
Decisions about changing the Tournament should not be made three weeks before the event.

Yeah, i agree. Last year at the indv. we did packet arch. That's kinda what i've been prepping for, lol. I haven't picked up a real bow in almost 2 yrs... this is gonna be interesting. Good Luck Fellow Archers!

Redcloud said:
Fearless Leader said:
Decisions about changing the Tournament should not be made three weeks before the event.

Yeah, i agree. Last year at the indv. we did packet arch. That's kinda what i've been prepping for, lol. I haven't picked up a real bow in almost 2 yrs... this is gonna be interesting. Good Luck Fellow Archers!

Too bad that has happened already. 3 man has changed and there is no race :(

Gilwing said:
Redcloud said:
Fearless Leader said:

Too bad that has happened already. 3 man has changed and there is no race :(

Whoops. The race should be there. I'll correct the newsletter.

The only change to the three man is that you can, if you choose, use another member of your team. You don't have to. It allows for strategy based on what you think the other team will bring, and allows more members to be involved if they want to be.

<grumble> <grumble>

I can't believe I forgot to include the race.
<smacks head against wall>

I also forgot to include it in the schedule I sent Toddo.

Well, anyway, everyone interested in the tourney, please read the Ashbury Times.

-MS

I really thought there was no race this year. Good thing the "fastest dwarf in history" didn't have to post a complaint hehehe

Fearless Leader said:
Whoops. The race should be there. I'll correct the newsletter.

The only change to the three man is that you can, if you choose, use another member of your team. You don't have to. It allows for strategy based on what you think the other team will bring, and allows more members to be involved if they want to be.

True about 3 man. I replied before I reread it. I had a long weekend (and I didn't even go to the nat event :( )

do we get to know ahead of time which day the spell caster's battle is? I have players sending me lists that indicate "these are the spells i want if this is the day of the casters battle".

Caster's will be in the first logistics period.

Back