September 2019 Favorite Moments

Kix

Artisan
Hey y'all, same stick as the usual!! Post your favorite moments below and tell us about some of the cool encounters and things (that aren't too private) that you had throughout the weekend!!

Personally one of mine was watching the madness of two entirely unrelated mods somehow running over each other due to some player greed, then marching off my corrupted strikeforce of PCs off into the blight to await further instructions.

Also, OH MY GOSH, the food all weekend was delicious, a HUGE thank you to our cook staff, seriously those drumsticks Saturday night were absolutely out of this world on the amazeballs scale.

A HUGE shoutout as well to all my staff and NPCs who spent a bunch of their time this weekend to make the event such a success. Additionally all of the crossovers we had throughout the weekend (voluntary or not) that helped give some of our NPCs a short respite to catch their breath and unwind before the next content.

Another would be Friday Night, lurking around as a blight beast waiting for PCs to try to sneak past me, and hearing the sounds of combat coming from the healer's guild where the PCs decided to kill the poor blighted healer's guild member who was trying to help them fight their way back to the circle.

Throw some more so we NPCs and folks who couldn't see content can live vicariously through you!!

Unfortunately I didn't get to play too many speaking roles as an NPC this time, but I did have a few fun roles I got to play!

Portraying Valor and getting to encircle the PC group for something around 20-30 minutes. Way to keep the line! Next time someone needs to break of on their own a bit farther :p

Blightapus was fun, but really hard to see out of. Sorry for the people I bumped into, I had 0 peripherals in that thing, but I still had fun.

Engulfing that first tent in blight, with people in the distance looking over at me, but ignoring me until Araphae screamed. Seeing basically the whole town come over to save one of their own, but otherwise being unconcerned was pretty entertaining to see what gets some of the characters motivated to action.

Lightning elementals throwing elemental lightning at people wearing metal armor, while Seraby tried to intercept and absorb them was fun to see. Sorry there weren't a ton more people around to help deal with us.

Stealth mod was entertaining stomping around trying to scare y'all. When you got caught, sorry not sorry for all the baps. Dang Lia and her riposted eviscerate got me good, was not expecting that. :(

Giant ooze boi. Oof, that was a lot of math, but still an enjoyable role. Seeing the confusion/terror on some faces as I kept getting faster and faster (for reasons), was great. Hope I didn't hurt y'all too bad ;)

Thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable to come out and NPC for y'all, as always, the PCs keep doing unexpected things. Special thanks to Nick, I got to work with you a lot more than usual, and really had blast. I'll be your NPC battle buddy any time!

This was such a fun weekend! The cooling temperatures made it much easier to be involved this time around.

My absolute favorite moment was playing around with loose mana while we waited for a couple mods to be ready. Madrigal is a mana-baseball legend, and the spoon is a great impromptu bat!
Watching Godfrey light Daxter on fire and then light a blunt off his burning corpse was absolutely buck-wild and I'm still trying to process it. Right now I'm stuck somewhere between "Oh my god" and horrified laughter. What a great first impression of the Lord Inquisitor!
I was so excited to do some actual magic this time! Thank you so much to Daxter and Mia for the frankly absurd amount of scrolls you gave us, it felt great to be more effective in battle.
Watching the storms in the distance with Bluewolf was very nice and relaxing!
I'm so glad everyone liked the turnip casserole. I was a little worried about it, but seeing it go so fast and hearing people say how much they liked it really helped my confidence. Let me know if you want me to bring it again next time!

I have to second Flower's impression of Godfrey! I didn't know how to think about the thought process of, "Screw it, might as well light this person on fire and see how it goes-" XD
It was great to get together with the town and work together to build a barricade!
I also loved the Valor fight (^u^) Trying to do a large scale battle with no moonlight and the inability to move quickly made for a great atmosphere, spooky in all the right ways

Oh man, this event was full of all kinds of drama, haha! We arrived to site quite late, which aided in the confusion and fear seeing the blight had spread to...well, just about everywhere. Lilliana was NOT thrilled with the extreme lack of information that anyone had on how to push back the blight, but I had a lot of really great RP with people digging into information and throwing out ideas on how to handle the giant mess that was going on.

It-that-watches plot was tons of fun as well, even if it did almost literally kill me in the process, lol. Having to actually use I-T-W skills to save lives was a lot harder than Lilly was expecting, and we were lucky to have cleared the blight away before those lives were really needed.

Speaking of which, so many deaths and near deaths this gather! What the heck! Lilly is definitely going to be working harder to make sure people don't die in the first place, but it was kind of exciting to be able to actually life people herself.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with Madrigal this gather, and I feel like we saw each other way more this time. Maybe it was just the flirting Lilly was doing in the tavern that made it more memorable though. ;)

Oh man, I also had a "good" time roleplaying with blighted Lia! That's a whole other concerning situation lol. Lilly is quite worried about how Lia's doing after not seeing her at all after the butterfly incident, and she'll definitely be keeping a closer eye on the others who were blighted as well to make sure they're all doing alright.

Finally, I'm glad y'all rolled with not having blue bake on Saturday, that was a big stressor for me and you guy were super nice about it, so thank you so much! The meals were a bit all over the place this game, and I'm hoping to get a break this next gather and come back with better food the next half of the season!

Well now... Getting the Watcher's Haven off the ground was really fun. Thank you to Ira and Daisy for helping to write the scrolls and killing the blight. Hopefully we can add potions to the list next gather, too. Thank you Puck for laying out certain components that let shenanigans ensue... Fae, we had some good conversations about life and that was a good rez story ( I promise it wasn't a shenanigan just to get to know you, haha). Mia, I'm sorry I stole borrowed some gold from you, but it was important :) Leto, I'm glad you didn't completely turn down my offer, but I'm still worried how it will go in the future, haha. ALSO! My new shield worked so much better than I anticipated (Thanks Elizabeth! #bestshieldmaker). Godfrey... the longer I interact with you, the more I realize just how insane you are...

All in all, great event. food was amazing, and so were the people! Kansas is great!

Back