September event favorites!

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Hokey smokes what an intense event! Post your favorites here so we know what you love and want more of!

Huge thanks to all staff and NPCs for an amazing weekend!!!!! I really appreciate all the work each of you put into this game. I am so sick and can barely speak but it was worth it.

-Have a new found respect for bananas now :D

-Double teamed by dwarves! Can't wait to see you two again!

-Aramis showing up! Wow what an emotional roller coaster that was! I'm so glad I didn't miss it.

-Hanging with my boys! NOT LAST!!!! Thanks for everything...love you guys!

-Late night role playing on the balcony

-Everything Alex, Danny and Dennis! You guys are my family!

-Healer's Guild! Heidi for making sure I was eating and drinking and Amy....my "having bangs sometimes suck" sister and Drew for always lending a hand or smile when I need one.

-Entertainment! You all did such a great job this time around! *pouts, stomps foot and shuffles away*

-Ducal Ball---a great chance to see old friends and meet new ones. I also had the best date there and I know that because everyone wanted to speak to him constantly!

-Ash Forest, there will always be a special place in my heart for this Barony because it was the first one I was on years ago and it's great to see such a wonderful group of people taking great care of it

-Aramis making Ivan blush! You still got it, Eric!!

-Queens!! ;)

-Sharing a drink with Duke Frost and Duke Aramis----Never would have thought that could happen!

-Ithica (hope I spelled that correctly) and Mono-----Frodo, Yoko Ono, Bilbo... :lol:

-Tom! You kicked *** this weekend and was so great to see you again!

-Dwarf running naked!

-Collin, watch out for me next time you come out in game, I need to add new blood to Azura's list! ;) Thanks again for hauling Patrick's crap to my car for me!

-Seeing Mike Strauss again! *hugs*

It's taken me a half hour to write this and I know I'm still missing people. Thanks again for making this a special weekend! I have had exactly two epic moments since I joined in '96 and this one was number three!

I usually don't do favorites, but this event had too much for me to let pass without being acknowledged.

-The Mons Regalis spectacle. That encounter was written over 2 years ago when we were originally discussing killing off Gareth and Sidraste and any of the NPCs involved can tell you how jittery I was during the prepwork. Thank you to Scott, Illana, Michelle, Collin and especially Patrick for making that spectacle even better than I envisioned it. I am truly humbled by the talent and dedication of my team. My favorite bits:

Frost starting to proclaim Jacelyn queen, and the multiple "What the #$%^"s that came floating up the hill when he was rifted out mid-sentence.

Aramis ascending the Mons Regalis, the speech and hearing the emotion at the bottom of the hill as the long time players realized it was really him.

FINALLY... After spending the entire season turning up the pressure on the PCs (especially the nobles) and making them feel like a civil war was inevitable, releasing the valve and handing the PCs the power to redefine the Kingdom of Icenia. I apologize to anyone who felt this plotline was an oppressive inevitability, but I only break you down so I can raise you back up higher than when you started. :)

-The Ball. Amazing costumes, amazing roleplay.

-Rowan cornering Broomis and asking painful, powerful and wise questions.

-Sir Ulthoc and his list

-Ithica's pep talk to Broomis.

-Azura's questioning, then her test to see if Broomis would give the same answer to other people.

-Rorii's squiring ceremony for Lupi and Ezri.

-RP with Rori/Dar with half the town eavesdropping on the porch.

-The look on Amaranthus' face when Rorii apologized and hugged him.

-The top 10 lists, and the drama that Blythedale's caused.

There are probably 1000 more, thank you to all who participated.

Wow! What an amazing event! It had everything: good stories, great PC's, entertaining NPCs, lot's of awesome fights, such creative and fun modules...and the roleplay! Wow! When you have real emotions combined with tears, you know that the PCs and NPCs--and the game itself--has that kind of wonderful bond that truly creates a fantasy world that is tangible and different from the real one lingering just beyond the campsite. It is such moments that remind me--with utter, clarity--just how awesome this game is and how lucky I am to have found it and be a part of it.

Wow. What a wild ride. My head is still spinning from this event.

Here are my faves:

Storm's End Irregulars - First time ever being in a tournament team. I think we did a great job for a team just formed minutes before the tournament began.

Watching the team decimate Ash Forest in the team battle.

The entertainment - I loved all of the skits like Scooter McNoob, the mermaid, the Registrar and Ashbury's villains, and the Evorrian song.

The Mons Regalis - Watching as suddenly all the nobles appear and then Duke Aramis appearing and giving the speech. That speech really changed Argus's sense of purpose for fighting.

Speaking briefly to Aramis and having him tell Argus that he like the other adventurers are the heart of Ashbury.

Slaying the trolls with Storm's End. Talk about team work.

Grim and Castlebur the dwarven duo. Seeing Grim and his fan girls and Castlebur running naked in the race.

Winning the Essence of a Falling Star at the raffle. Being called the richest adventurer by Sir Eros, Duke Frost, and others. Getting in an auction war and selling said component. Gaining a few allies in return.

The fey mod. The two customers with their Cthulu baby and the planar space machine.

That's all for now! Awesome event!

Oh. My. Godric. What a freaking awesome event! I must list my favorites, and I must list them now.

#1. Getting not one, but two (I think) personal plot nods over the course of the weekend. I can't tell you how awesome it is to feel more fully involved with things...oh wait, I just did! Thanks so much to the plot team for giving me really cool First Forest-y things to do, and a totally RP-driven mod!
#2. Duke Aramis for the win! Just when you think you've seen everything, Patrick Von Raven explodes your brain. The whole Mons Regalis (I probably spelled that wrong) scene was fantastic, but getting the opportunity to meet Duke Aramis afterward, and thank him for the influence he didn't even know he had on my character's development was wonderful.
#3. Competing on a Ducal Team made for a totally different kind of event for me. I loved the honorable competition among the teams, and the positive spirit of the game that everyone put forth. Wearing colors, having camaraderie, and achieving victory together was intense, and rewarding. I felt proud to bear the heraldry of Blythedale and give it my best....well, except for my comedy. Apparently that kinda sucked! :oops:
#4. Winning a rit scroll, and a "Doctor Who-esque" journey of my choosing during the raffle. Ten gold worth of tickets apparently buy a lot!
#5. The "Pocket Plane" mod was absolutely hilarious! Robb's blue-haired fey and Patrick's fez-wearing aristocrat both made for a fantastic encounter, and ending up being a fey's mortal pet for a day (well, for about ten minutes) was hysterical.
#6. Watching Sir Logan and Squire Sparticous duel again...and again! I remember their first crossing of swords well, and was wholly entertained by the latter two as well.
#7. Getting to have my own girlfriend be my date to the Ball. I only wish I hadn't had the monumental allergy attack that I did, which ended the night far too early. :(
#8. Being scolded by Scott for bashing him in the face during the final wave battle, but then receiving his quip that I only did it because I was jealous of how much prettier he was than me. :D
#9. Having the blessing of a very gracious last minute lodging offer, which kept me and Laura from freezing AND getting rained on through Saturday night.
#10. Joining the Food Committee, and helping Bill toward resurrecting a much needed and long overdue component of our game.

That's all for now. Hope to see everyone in October! ;)

Wow... where do I start? Oh I know!

1. Having such an amazing staff that I can PC and not worry about things imploding. Toddo, Rich, Robb, Bill and the newly returned Dan have my eternal gratitude.

2. The return of food! It sounds like a small thing, but I personally despise having to break game to eat, but didn't have the energy to run another committee. Thank you gentlemen!

3. All things Ash Forest. Not only a great team to roll with in-game, but some of my best friends OOG.

4. The Mons Regalis spectacle. Watching Toddo prep for that was like watching a parent nervously send their child to their first day of school. You raise that plotline from its infancy and hope that it grows up right and does you proud. I was excited to be a part of it. It really was like being on stage and the OMGWTFBBQ whisperings coming from down below were amazing. I heartily enjoy playing Sonia and all the drama that surrounds the entire plotline, and the return of Aramis was just... wow. After hearing about Patrick's speeches for years I finally heard one... and now I understand.

5. Getting squired!!! This has been a character goal for a long time, but for OOG reasons couldn't happen for several years. Thank you Dan and Scott for making the wait absolutely worth it.

6. Roleplay with Ulthoc. Yes dear, I knew where the belt came from when I realized it was longer than I am tall!

7. Rorii's landbond mod. It's been a long time since all of us were on a mod together like that, and not only was it a solid, challenging and scary mod, the roleplay afterward was amazing. Watching the No Effect storm was epic, and seeing Rorii bounce around just warmed my heart in and out of game. Thank you Chad for the execution, and thank you NPCs for a great fight.

8. The COAT of Chivalry! Thou shalt fight weevils without cessation.

9. It was a clean song dangit! This was the first time I've sung in public since college and I was nervous as hell. I will never get that tune, nor the picture of Sparticous as a mermaid, out of my head. :)

10. Brooklyn! Glad to have you back, and it really makes me smile to know you had such a good time.

11. Hooray tavern! Thank you Laura for all your hard work this weekend!

Thank you very much to all those who stayed to help clean up. I was amazed that by the time I got out of my "GM Question vortex" that the tavern was clean, the guilds packed, monster camp de-tented, and trash taken out. Well done all! Everyone got some extra gobbies for your efforts!

Hey all. What a weekend, eh?

Anyhoo, faves:

1. Kate and Emily returning. I'm glad I have more Syracusans hooked.
2. Toddo, Lana, Mike S, Mike V, Chad, Amelia, Bill, Michelle, Patrick, you guys are all what make me smile when I step behind desk. Working with you all is the finest honor.
3. Bill, Amelia, Chris, Mark and Robb thanks for dealing with my sucky guitar skills while practicing our song only moments before Eros warned us about forfeiture. You all brought your A game and I'm proud to stand beside you and call myself an Evorran Dragoon.
4. Trivia. Why the hell not? Who knows any of this anyway? Certainly not us.
5. Watching my 6' 3'' Orc buddy move like a leaf on the wind in spellcaster's duel.
6. Castlebur + Grim = Dwarfapaloooooooza!
7. Ash Forest lookin real fly in their new duds. I loved the amount of intellect poured into every category they participated and every quest they took on. It's good to see them all back together.
8. Blythedale is the one that says bad mutha on it. Solid team and a rock solid fight in every category.
9. NOT LAST!
10. The Ducal Ball. Confession: I've never played guitar in public before...thanks to everyone for dancing and making merry, I've never felt more alive than in that moment.
11. There are so many quotes I cant write them all here, come share a beer with me one night, you'll hear every story.
12. The 3 v 3 v 3 v D v D. Last man standing. ( I might have run about like a sissy, though.)
13. The Gypsy Mod, what fun.
14. The last wave battle was wild, crazy, lootastic and the hardest 20 minute hide and seek game of my life. Thanks, Dennis, for being a dogged pursuer.

Thanks again, everyone, see you in October,

Collin

I am going to repeat the sentiment from most of those who've posted before me. What an event!

All of the teams who competed in tournament this year gave it their all and made it great fun. Everyone was a good sport and the great role play was, well, great. Mad props to all of you.

I was glad and surprised to see Aramis who has always been spoken of in reverent tones and was much loved as a character. Patrick, you absolutely lived up to that characters reputation. Wow, is all I can say.

Collin, your guitar playing at the ball was fabulous. Thank you so much for stepping up and making the atmosphere of the ball genuine. There is nothing better than a live bard at game to make us believe we are indeed playing in a medieval setting.

To the HQ staff. Thank you for continuing to run the game Dan and I sought out 10 years ago. We truly appreciate your hard work and sacrifice. The time and effort spent to run a game is monumental and it is not recognized nearly enough. Thank you!

Ash Forest, what can I say. I love you all. You give me reason to play a difficult character year after year. If not for you, I'm sure I would be playing a completely different character by now. Thanks for sticking with us.

To all of the new players at this event. Awesome role play! Everyone I interacted with made me believe in the character they were portraying. I can't wait to see you all again.

-Missy

I had a great time. It was nice to be back at Logistics even though it drives me crazy. I sleep better now that I have done inventory and know where all our supplies stand (see, i have a problem). Big thanks to Dave, Kyle, and all my helpers who pitched in to help cut tags and keep things organized (including the npc who cleaned the place up after the wind blew all our sheets all over the place).

I think my favorite part of the event was that after such a rocky start in and out of game to the tournament, seeing it continue so strongly regardless and seeing such fierce competition throughout it. People really seemed to want to win this year, but there also seemed to be this great sense of sportsmanship going on as well. I normally don't like to participate in tourneys but I found myself really feeling like a crucial part of my team and was surprised at how much i wanted us to win.

that being said, i also want to mention that i was surprised and happy that we (the NPC team) did so well and were allowed to. I was waiting for someone to tell us to hold back, but it never happened. we were busting our butts to beat all of you and take 1st and I think it really made a big difference for us to be able to shoot for the win.

The Dragoons! By the end of the weekend I had a new appreciation for Evorans and I really began to get into these characters we were playing. Westley Boothe is a neat guy, and is probably Nathan's long lost earth-magic-loving-twin (completely possible in game). I could see them sharing a pint in dockside and bitching about their jobs.

Westley: My Guildmaster is a ghost!
Nathan: I have to put up with Ren!

Winning the spellcasters battle was fun. I think i would have lost had we had more participants. I do well against 3 opponents, but 4 or more and I freak out.

The Entertainment competition was really fun to watch and I'm glad we got the chance to play such a catchy shanty. We had very little practice before performing it, so kudos to the team for doing so well. Collin did great, and that was my first chance to sing with Illana and hopefully not the last!

Playing Lord Uhm and getting to bottle Khorwyn. That whole group came so close to serious greater fey vengeance. I only got to curse Grim though. mmmm candy.

Playing Slough Slouah during the last wave battle. I heal people, throw spells at the bad guys... and ash forrest still attacks me without so much as a how do you do?

just working with and generally being around Patrick. this guy radiates excellence and elevates the role playing of all those around him. so glad to have him back at HQ.

And of coarse, seeing the new cabinet Scott gave the Mage's Guild! so awesome!!!

Lots of fun, even though it was a short weekend for me! Here are my favs:

-ROM PLOT ROM PLOT ROM PLOT. I am so happy to have a chance to really sink into some RP! Patrick, you have a new fangirl. The Mulenguro encounter, and really just having more Rom around to interact with was absolutely delightful.

-Throwing my tiny!Barbar into the burr bush. (I am so sorry, Kris!) She called Luka fat, what could she do? Thanks to Colin, Natalia, and Rorii for the extra spirit!

-The atmosphere of the Ball was really lovely. Lots of dancing and singing made for a great authentic feel!

-Amelia bursting out of the treeline as a Jotun and taunting Jovunn with, "Stand and fight, kleine hure!". Ohhhhh, Kris, Amelia and my Hellsing jokes.

-Blythedale's top ten list was absolutely PRICELESS. Especially number 5. (So priceless that I even remembered the number!)

-Getting in some good Healer's guild gossip time. Why is any time with Larien so delightful? (Insert our Rom cackles here).

Gosh, I really can't thank all of you enough for making my first gathering such a damn fun time. I promise I'll be back forever and ever and ever and ---

Anywhoodle, favorites.

- Sir Ulthoc taking me under his wing almost immediately made the whole event that much more comfortable and engaging for me. Knowing I have a mentor to come back to is going to make getting into character so much easier for me next time around.

- Being asked to go along on the rom!plot. Talk about an intense and fun first mod and an amazing first battle experience. Definitely a good way to get my feet wet.

- The general atmosphere of the ball was so cozy, I felt at home almost immediately. Even if I was freezing my tiny patoot right off.

- On THAT note, being covered in cloaks. THANK YOU, GUYS. I promise I'll never be chilly again.

- EPIC BURR BATTLE. I'm still pulling thorns out of my neck and butt, but it was totally worth it. Thanks to "the wind" for helping me (sorry, Maggie, I lied; the wind helped me a lot) get all of the burrs out of my furriness.

- And, like Maggs said, Amelia running out of the woods and calling me her kleine hure. I didn't know if I should have sex with her or fight her. Super big thank you to Raven for helping me with her, btw. Would have taken forever otherwise. ;o;

Like I said before, it just meant so much to me to be welcomed so warmly and immediately. I can't wait to get to know all of you (and your characters!) better in the future. <3

OK list time.

1. Blythedale! You guys were a blast and for the first time in my eyes we really functioned as a team. Very proud of Khorwyn and Ithaca! You guys kept a positive attitude and it was awesome to build some more trust with your characters. The baron was awesome of course I got to see some underlying genius there most others dont see. Rowen! Way to make a good impression you were clutch! Sir Daniel is fast becoming a good friend to Grim even if he cant be within three feet and you were awesome as ever. Great win guys!
2, Ash Forrest You guys looked awesome and your entertainment was fantastic! Baron Rori opening up at the ball and squiring Lupi and Ezri was very cool.
3. KATE AND EMILY! Grim's learned that relationships with extra dimensional beings may not work. Also Emily you were bad *** in every role seriously we are lucky to have you two.
4. NPC TEAM! dude wtf you guys were awesome and everything was so well done. Great job on all counts to everyone. Makes the win a little sweeter
5. Hurray for character development!
6. The Mons regalis scene and the ball. As a new player it was kind of cool like it magically brought m up to speed on the who's who and whys. Patrick you were awesome.. lets face it when players cry and can't help it thats pwerful stuff.

tons more to come but time for work. may ad some later.. Oh and
7. dwarven pig on a spit!

Back