September Event Favourites

Meeting King Marcus Helvirin, followed by meeting and fighting the Wither King. It was going well and the King's two-hander in use by any willing to pick it up was a nifty characteristic for the fight. However, after like the 3rd (I think?) renew we knew this was not a fight we would win that day. An ominous welcome to a new/re-defined foe.

Curtis’s decisions to come along and join in the aforementioned fight and to join us in the rite against Necali.

Seeing lots of new and returned players from old Syraandor days. Welcome and welcome back.

Having enough NPCs at the finish line so that Kelsey could pc. Speaking of which, Finn was great. One-eyed rogue, REPRESENT…

Thank you to the few but mighty NPCs who pretended to be way more numerous.

-The floofiest event! Four Sarr and two Kin? Best! My Sarr hadn't gotten to interact with Sarr from other cultures before and it was such a delight to see and hear about how the people who look and smell like her people behave in other lands. The hunting mod was so fun. Maybe mama cheetah can teach the little broken one how socializing works.

-Astikir. Maluhia has quickly learned to enjoy recreational alteration of perception and having another Sarr with whom to freak out about colors and hunt imaginary prey was a bonus.

-So much big scary magic. Sure we'll save baby dragons for a dragon from another dragon and there's a font of magic? Uh I guess I will touch the embodiment of magic get drunk ball because curiosity is real? Yeah, not talking about that when she goes home. Talking about home vs other places was a good time.

-The fishing kit delivered by zombie. A+

-Watching Humans and Elves demonstrate that being a Sarr is in the heart. Very interesting rite. Rock on with your fierce selves.

Reactions: Vox
Hey folks! SO MANY THANKS to the hard-working NPCs and staff, and also to the PCs who dealt with my rude, anxious cheetah baby all weekend! I hope y'all know I love you OOG!!! :)

-Evan's "STUPID ARROGANT EVIL LION" who actually ended up putting in effort to win her over, so we fought and it got her even angstier! Loved the special RP and sarr attention! Thanks!!

-The general RP of meeting people and "TRYING SO HARD TO DEAL" and thus being legitimately surprised if people called her out as suspicious/awkward/anxiety-ridden, since she knows absolutely no other way to be and does not realizes how she comes off. Aaaaaaaaah. Tryinnnng.

-LILA. I LOVE YOU. "I MEAN I HATE YOU I HAVE NO FRENDS." But dang Erika, everything about this is the best and it is oh so interesting :) Thanks for reaching out to my most intolerable character! RP WITH YOU IS BEST. FIGHTING STUFF WITH YOU IS THE BEST. HATING/LOVING YOU IS THE BEST. <3

-Phineas is a pretty cool dude and all, but "I HATE YOUR STUPID CULTURE AND I AM NOT WRONG AND WHY WOULD YOU EVER MAKE ME THINK?" I was legit unprepared for my absolutist character to engage in such meaningful conversation. The growth inspired by this event was more than I bargained for, and I can't wait to see how characters and relationships continue to develop!! Thanks for the great RP, Kelsey!

-ROGUE FIGHTING YAY!! This is the perfect chapter for fighting like I want to fight with her. Also, Aisling and Heresy, INSPIRATIONAL ROLE MODELS <3. I may or may not have had some fangirl excited moments when I was on the other side of corkscrews with you guys.

-Speaking of fights, my highlights were: Elemental "competition" and the undead orc wave battle. I dunno, they just both had such good moments of terror and anger and success (in very different ways!). Thank you NPCs!

-MAMA CHEETAH, I ALSO HATE/LOVE YOU. GYAH. Thank you so much for the special floofy hunt mod!! (That mint assault/full throttle sprinting at the end was a very large highlight for me!) AND the dinner RP!! Man, I have a lot of work to do to figure out her life, lol.

-OH, that Oscar guy! Listening to you and JUDGING SILENTLY as you talked to Lila, then getting called out (again) for looking anxious... good RP moments indeed! :D

I have probably forgotten things... I truly had a fantastic time, and this event was a huge challenge and milestone for Nikhujo. Even though she is remarkably difficult for me to play, I am feeling super inspired and excited to be her more! So much development! :D

Thanks again, everyone! :D

Better late than never, yeah? Can I just say how much I missed you guys? Cause I really missed you guys!

Ok, here is some stuff I liked...

-That Wither King mod! That was by far the most fun I have had at a Deadlands game ever, hands down.
-Catching up with everyone IG was super fun. It was interesting to try to catch up after being away for a year. Some relationships are better than ever, and some are still decaying. It was a fun and interesting balance.
-Meeting all the new to me PCs.
-Dinner with the floofs. Nikhujo, you are so confusing and angry!
-Getting to put on a NPC I haven't played in a while.
-That last battle. It was nice to have a little while to get raw and angry after spending the weekend in 'lay low and try to make everyone like me' mode. It'd be swell if y;all could stop trying to kill my human, though. :)

Thanks for the fun time! Hopefully it's less than a year before I get to do it again.

Back