September Event - The Stats and More

The September event has come and gone, so here are the stats!

The APL was around 14.5, with 21 PCs and 9 NPCs. We had two resurrections, one of them failing - the second PC perm in Chicago's history.

The race breakdown was:
Barbarian: 1
Biata : 1
Dark_Elf: 1
Elf: 2
Gypsy: 3
High_Orc: 1
Human: 3
Mystic_Wood_Elf: 6
Scavenger: 2
Stone_Elf: 1

The class breakdown was:
Adept 2
Fighter 3
Rogue 3
Scholar 10
Templar 3

I, personally, had quite the, ummm.. eventful event. Certain things, I'll leave for other people to comment on IG, as I don't want to spoil the surprises. I did have a few favorite moments:

1. ShieldStorm/Hengin vs. the Pantherghast - I thought it was so cool to see such an underused spell come to the rescue, even after being scoffed by the character that it saved, minutes before.

2. Targus Resurrecting - Seeing him go down made me smile.

3. Yelling at the celestial casters - You'd think that the characters that have fought vampires and elementals would have banishes, or subjugates, or *gasp* solidify. Only one spell (solidify, by Raif), out of the bunch.

What about you guys?

I had a great event NPCing. Great job plot for making sure we had lots to do. The foxes were really fun to play, and finally getting to play a pantherghast... that really made my event. Favorite part has to be my 1 on 1 with Hengin, PCs were awesome with the protectives, blades, and healing on that.

(For those that saw my original post, I remembered who the other wilderkyn was!)

Hums, Now onto the favorites, in no particular order.

1.) Getting my Circlet back (and other loots I had lost) it was awesome to see some of the more powerful people in town do something incredibly stupid just because Durl asked them too!
2.) RP With Marcy as Lurin, She's still never seen a vampire cry but she got me close!
3.) 'Purifying' Marcena as Durl, Always, Always beware of any Turtle with a full bucket of water....
4.) Deciding to go Grab the Urn with a random assortment of some of the moderate to lower powered cards in town, incredible team work and packed brains for playing keep-away with the salamander one we got it! (I got a bit intense that fight and have a chunk of missing skin/flesh on my sword-thumb to prove it!)
5.) Coming back into town with the Urn and seeing the wide eyes from the people who were prepping to make a fresh one to avoid the deadly Urn encounter.
6.) Seeing Jack (Levar) and Pandora (um....Levar's Friend....), you guys are great fun and hope to see you out again soon!
7.) Durl the healer, Its fun to get people up, and its fun to be able to wade in to get to them too, more of that to come.
8.) Slightly Smarter Durl, not everyone noticed, but Durl's getting older and starting to wise up just a bit, I focused alot on pulling back alot faster when asked to (Its still a fighting withdrawl at Durl speed, get used to it people and plan ahead!) and not going past a given line if one was given (ie don't go past that tree).
9.) Eldarion/Durl Death Squad, Man that Dark Elf will tag anything that gets close to my shield when we work together it was deadly! (Not to mention if he ever needed to throw spells he would need to worry about an errant packet toasting the turtle ^.^)
10.) Ending my list of 10 favorites with a place filler just because I can...HA!

THREE gypsies? It was just Raif and I wasn't it?

Faves...faves...hmmm...

1) Role play with Marcena and Lurin deserves the place at the top of the list! Holy crap that was awesome!
2) Getting turned into a Stone Elf and only then realizing how messed up the gypsy family situation really is.
3) The water bucket mod. That was intense.
4) Fighting a pantherGAUNT! You did well, Em.
5) Durl.
6) Gypsy cursing Targus.
7) Hengin.
8) Getting turned back into a Rom by some unconventional means...thanks Durl!
9) Raif
10) "Thatcher said that if ever I need a gypsy for something, to find one like you." That just made Marce's evening. ^_^

There was a third... Quite a few people met the person... Didn't go well though.

I had lots of fun this event. My favorites are listed in no praticular order.
- Walking into town and hear the usual wolf yelp, then it turn into a roar...but, it is not the right time for lycans?
- The miming with the shadow elemental. "Wait are you the guys with the Horned King?" "Well I wasn't there, I do not know what happened?"
- The diveing into the shadow node. Did everyone forget W.W.G.D.? What would Gekin do?
- Hearing the scream, and not running down the hill. Talking to Elysia when the town was gone. "Did you hear that?" Liddia "No, it must have been an animal" Elysia. But in reality it was Mariel and the evil clown 50 feet behind us. :eek:
- Experiencing the dreaded 'Noble Time', as I was working with the other high levels to try to get the ingredients to the Urn. The lower levels just getting the urn and we did not even have everything put together yet. You guys rock! :D
- All things Kenshinto!
- Talking to the Princess. Thank goodness for the Black and Red! With out you guys Liddia would have been out of her element.
- The grain mod.
- The Light/Well mod. Dancing Raif!
- After NPCing gathering a group to find out what happened to the life tree and finding that 2 pc had made thier way to the back field. That is the adventure spirit.

Amanda

This event was absolutely fantastic for me, I can't thanks the NPC's, plot and all the folks who make the Chicago game go round enough. I can't believe its taken me this long to get back to a Chicago event, but I'll certainly do my best to make sure its not such a long time again!

Friday night getting thrown into the midst of the negotiations and being able to play sort of a go-between for the adventures of Briarpass and house Koshinara. That is so cool for Eldarion in ways that plot probably could never have even guessed. And of course along with that all the RP with Kenshinto and the Queen when I attended the meeting with her.

Saturday mid-day feeling a bit disappointed after the "justice" with garmock cause I thought I'd missed the visit to spider island to retrieve Durl's things and then having two Dryders come back with Dramthin and getting to be part of a kick *** fight against them, and not feeling like I'd missed much at all.

All the lead up to, and incredible combat revolving around the fight with Targus. going into that fight feeling mildly tapped and just dumping everything for that battle. +2 monster strength plus a good team weapon caused me to be front line pushing?! Rocking dozens and dozens of zombies with Durl, I can't wait for the next chance to fight with him, I almost want to mem more fix-it spells to keep him on my side. ;) So much of the fight with Targus, and messing him up enough he was forced to Recall. physically dodging Destroy Magic spells and so much more. Not to mention after realizing we got the renew grabbing the girl with the Urn and just strait up out-manoeuvring Targus and his hordes to finally get the water to the tree. I couldn't believe we actually pulled a win out of our back pockets there. Blowing my entire column of renewed spells to gun down Ryan's shade was also awesome.

All the great RP all weekend, the crazy auction and so much more. Can't wait for the next event! :)

Here are a few of my highlights:

-Being presented to Galleous…twice!
-Hengin being Kyrie’s bodyguard
-2 normal, 2 normal, 2 normal…Switch!...10 EARTH!...10 EARTH!...
-Hiding in the dark with Simeon Rice
-Fighting at the Granary
-Light Well - puzzle was fun. Great job varying monster strength and vertigo radius!
-Dogs – creepy & cute *shudder*
-Skip Fisher
-Kicking off Kyrie’s Kreations!

Thanks to Paul and all the NPC's for a fun event!

Actually, Gabriel Qwain was the first PC perm in Chicago history... and it was the first event... the one that permed this time, was housed here. :p

Gabriel was an NPC to my knowledge...

my favorites:

*being in the dark most of the event was kinda nice. got a chance to look at the stars for a while.
*helping to get the urn. fighting elementals. "no prob"
*fighting the light elementals-nothing like giving Cerria a big head
*going down a path before anyone else no scaring the crap out of everyone else
*arguing with El, some good RP, and no hurt feelings out of game
*giving my life to save the new guy in town:(
*the intense life tree mod
*running away from ryan as the big shadow guy and realizing that he wasn't catching up to me :p
*hanging out with the shawow master and watching faces as a walked away with him "Cerria's gone darkside"
*Being called a "badass"....right.
*getting rolled by goblins and they didn't even find my MIs. woot! woot!
*screaming at Hengin to get up when he didn't have any legs "Get up NOW! She's not coming!" Hengin-"I CAN'T!"

On a side note I would like to thank the people that helped me through my episode with dehydration. INcluding Tom, Paul, Ryan and everyone else who helped in some way.

Carrie

"hanging out with the shawow master and watching faces as a walked away with him "Cerria's gone darkside"

Is that supposed to be the Shadow Master or the Sham WoW master? ;)

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Gabriel was an NPC to my knowledge...

No he was a PC.

Initial post corrected.

My favorite moments from an NPC's perspective, lets see...

- Playing as an infected fox, and getting stuck in the tavern once I realized all the exits are 'pull'

- The spider cave for the low level players, where I got to play the boss monster (rawr!)

- Getting to play a high level rogue in the tree of life fight (Terminate! Thud.)

Finally, it's nice to have been around long enough to get a coherent picture of what the plot is,
rather than just going from one mod to the next. Continuity is fun!

I wish Terminates worked that well... :p

Stripe said:
- Getting to play a high level rogue in the tree of life fight (Terminate! Thud.)
¡you were wearing that jester cap with the bells on it and you still snuck up on me! that's gotta be the fifth or sixth time you've punked me from behind, you are one sneaky bastidge - well played

Back