September Faves

I have to say that one of my most favorite things this entire weekend was the help we got cleaning NPC camp at the end!!! We were done in like 30 minutes instead of 2 hours thanks to Will, Meghan, Evan, Sean, Kevin, Stacy, Mike, Sean's team (sorry I don't know your names), tall guy with long dark hair (sorry don't know your name either), Deb, Chris and probably other people running around behind me that I couldn't see. You all deserve a HUGE THANK YOU. You made me so happy!!! We have a much longer drive home now and it was nice to get home before 8 p.m.

I would like to thank the NPCs who seriously rocked!!! There were SO MANY of you and you played your hearts out!! Well done!

I would also like to say that the coolest thing I saw this weekend was veterans taking the new guys seriously and treating them with respect. Not just writing them off because they were new!! SO AWESOME (particularly Will and Craig, well done)

I loved seeing so many new players!! PS Adain- Tzydl owes you a gold!!

vorpal coated body sword...my new favorite toy

getting berserked

hanging with the coolest bunch of ladies ... (you know who you are)

trying to figure out what kind of riding animal to have

magic vs alchemy questions with QuiJinWu (sorry I know I just butchered your char's name Craig)

Gypsy pantherghast!! woot woot!! I think it's hilarious that everyone thinks Tzydl is a human.

Selling some alchemy (PS Kainen you are a shrewd businessnake)

So much more but tired now. See you all in October or November.

Thanks staff and NPCs for putting on a fun event! There were enough NPCs to feel quite surrounded and concerned.

-The lightning elemental mod. Tetsu had so much enthusiasm in his request. Getting to hear the explanations from each PC was cool. I enjoyed being pushed to articulate and as a result assess why I do what I do. And Will, thanks for being such a good sport.

-New players. And the lowbie mod/sentient sword stuff. It was pretty chaotic in the swamp, but the hag was taken down without any adventurers dying (that poor puppet, though), so success! Flailing about making the right choice, and having a cool RP moment with Klar.

-RP with Ocean about Mourgrymm and some personal matters. Getting enough explanation to go from disgusted to displeased.

-Learning about Earth magic with Qui Jun Wu. I still can't remember the fourth first circle spell, but at least I'll be taking the Earth very seriously when I cast the one spell I really care about.

-Not a favorite, but funniest moment, Severed Elemental Socks Denial Squad. I out of game wanted socks from my tent really badly. I could very much see out of game that if I kept walking I'd end up on top of the rifting at best and behind it at worst, but in game I was clueless and continuing on... and then the rift happened. I didn't even Nope the shadow dragon with as much enthusiasm as I did for those severed.

Thank you NPCs!!!

Seeing all the new faces. It's great to have new life in the game.

Biata panthergast. That was a great town effort/weakness/timing on that magic armor.

Sun and Avalon soloed the elf panthergast???

My personal party. I so wish I had a Whispering Wind I could have sent after that.

Sun and Pant being right about Southkin.

Cozy circle with the Sun golem (that didn't smell)

Sack of potatoes

Ogre babies!

I was having a conversation with one of our players about how I don't believe in a "black and white" world. My heroic NPCs will never be entirely altruistic, and my villains will never simply be "evil," because that's not what people do. I want my characters to be believable people. Because of my commitment to that goal, this event was difficult for me to wrap my head around as I was writing for it. There were a lot of moving parts, and a lot of character motivations that I had to deconstruct and rebuild.

Thanks to the other members of our writing staff; to our rockstar NPCs who not only kept all those moving parts moving exactly as intended and in a believable, real-world sort of way; and to the PCs who have consistently and enthusiastically bought into our world and made it their own, I found myself in a place where the answers came easy, the writing was fluid, and the event flowed smoothly.

That was my favorite part of the weekend.

That, and Charlie Skeleman.

This might sound sappy.... but my favorite part of this weekend was that feeling of being "home."

It's kind of ironic when you think about my characters history with New Hampshire chapters, but I really felt like I was a part of something great. It felt like every person PC and NPC alike was working in concert to craft a REAL story in a dynamic, constantly evolving, fake world.

I am very proud to say I am a part of something amazing. I think everyone else should be too.

Stephen

Another favorite moment....

Tzydl: What is a Charlie Skeleman?
Tetsu: I don't know him
Tzydl: I don't either

it was probably the most disturbing thing ever in the game. I was laughing at this hilarious voice and antics and then getting my bum handed to me with some berzerks and laughs. TOO FUNNY

Saving one of the ice elementals that one time. That seemed to screw with a lot of people.

Sack of potatoes.

Getting to use some of the nifty paragon stuff to really confuse some PCs.

Chasing Dan from the lower mod path through the parking lot, into the woods in front of the tavern, back to the field, and then finishing our fight.

Apparently having a pet chaos shark.

~Joe

Back