September Faves!

wowy319

Artisan
Woo, awesome event with awesome RP! Thank you Staff and NPCs! I love you guys! Exclamation points!

Anyhoo, I'll get this started off.

Standing my ground against Ator. That was simultaneously amazing and terrifying. For those who weren't there, the story of Peter Pan was loose from the Fey book, and Tinkerbell was trying to get the help of the young'uns to fix it. Ator attacked her, and I panicked and shunned him. I then took her outside the celestial guild and had to hope that nobody was going to dispel or awaken him before Ray could recognize her in. I was fined for assault when it was all over.

An obliterate being almost cast roughly two feet in front of me on the Mourgrymm mod. I was standing there in shock for 30 seconds after it happened.

Disarming Ritalian and not getting yelled at or wrecked for it. I was very pleased with myself.

Ivar and Deborah's wedding. That was a lot of fun, especially with Peter's Shadow there to talk with.

Meeting Nether and seeing her pull the withering out of the ground for a moment. Then teaching her how to eat and drink, only to find out she didn't like it. Fortunately she wasn't mad at me.

Messing up in the worst way possible by literally saying one wrong word to Skylar. I was following folks to see what was going on when he was in town, and he was asking about the shard. I pointed in the wrong direction down the back path and said "she went that way." A brief pause followed, and Skylar asks "Who is she? We were talking about a shard, why did he say she?" I foot-in-mouthed, then followed Sevaria's advice and bolted. I made it across the field in record time and hid face-down in the woods. I was shaking in there, trying not to make a sound, and after what felt like 20 minutes, I see a blue light similar to the Sun Spike's going through the woods. It wasn't Skylar, but it was my friends who were there to tell me I was in a world of trouble. Then I was charged with aiding a necromancer.

Being the saddest hobling ever for awhile after the charges were filed. I had people convinced pretty well. My PC was sad enough that he was asking Peter to take him into the story with him once it was fixed and to never bring him back again.

Sneaking off to save Peter from becoming Unseelie. Fun times and fixing the story made everything better for Caillen.

Potentially joining the Eire military. That'll be epic if it happens!

What'd the rest of you like?

first and formost as always, THANK YOU NPC'S AND STAFF!

this weekend was alot of fun.

i especially had fun hanging with kainen and joquin during the event even though joquin wanted to stab me (i'll explain below)

any way my favorites
not dying 5 mins into game! woot!
friday night finding that morgyum was at that first town adventure was not pleasent, i had hoped that he would be gone forever after those spirits went every where and he disapated but oh well.

the discussion of should we just not reunite the spirit of morgryum with his body came up more than once along with could we just out right get rid of him once and for all as he wasent complete.
speaking of morgyum, on saturday i was by chance over by the romani's and happened to look torwards the tavern and saw him coming and someone cried out "morgrym is here!" i was on my feet and joquin said "good bye avalon." and i first went for the back of the celstial guild house and when i saw he went for the earth circle, i took that opportunity to dissapear into the woods. i must have changed hiding spots four times. coming out when i heard and saw that michigo was not alone.

friday night man, oh it must have dropped 10 degrees every time i went out side of the tavern brrrrrrrr. also, i got attacked and my staff got stolen not 5 minutes after kainen and joquin left to retire for the night. and in the morning, Qiu Jun-Wu of course as soon as he sees joquin tells him this fact and also to kainen when he happend to see him a little while after that. both of course when im standing not more than a foot away.

saturday morning fighting the gary elf pantherghast with delaldur was cool. though missing with nearly all my spells sucked *** and i was very disapointed in myself. then just going all out with my wand.

early afternoon on saturday when we went to save the paladin and that fight was very tough and while we were retreating, i stopped near the edge of the end of the mod path and saw Qiu Jun-Wu coming hand extended, i knowing what was coming and turned so my back was to him and he grabbed me forcing me to leave without making fully sure kainen and joquin were right behind me still. i was digging in my heels and trying to fight him untill he took an endow and i had no choice at that point. which was alot of fun role playing that.

saturday morning fighting the gary elf pantherghast with delaldur was cool. though missing with nearly all my spells sucked *** and i was very disapointed in myself.

saturday night,
the wedding ceramony was very beautiful congradtulations from both ig and oog

being blinded right after the ceremony, im sitting next to kainen and soon as it happened i felt a very strong hand grip my shoulder tightly and he pulls me so im behind him.

fighting the undead at the boarders of the bastion and then the chaos that is a void shard and a puriel shard fused together.
meeting nether after outside of the tavern. stacy, very cool by the way as nether.
i was like yay, she retracted the withering then not a minute later, she put it back. i was like "omg. no one even flinched that she just put the withering back."
also being deathed and lifed just by being near her was interesting.

okay so the reason joquin wanted to stab me: im stitting in the tavern and gary comes up to me with a white head band on asking for my help with a mod and i said i would go help him and i dont tell either kainen or joquin where i was going i just up and go.
gary asked me to do this romani were wolf thing where i sung a little song on the uppper mod path, couldnt think of an actual song so i just made up some words.
i fight the group of pc's by myself for a little bit and then go down and join the other 4 or 5 npc's in the glade at the back of the upper mod path. where we all fight the pc's again and they only got to enter the glade as we pushed them back, and back and back untill we were near the end of the upper mod path. untill im like the last one standing and when they drop me, they start to go back down to the glade only when gary and then us other npc's start howling they stopped and just cut to the right through the woods onto the field again.
after that gary tells us to go back into town and do anther life. i of course like this idea in my mind wanting to find either joquin or kainen and fight them :p so we do finding a one lone pc' walking across the field at night by themselves and he runs for the tavern with us in pursuit. a hold is called cause the pc runs into the tavern i guess right into someone holding hot coco. after the hold i went to the back ramp and as soon as i was in position i heard "go out the back door." and i laugh to myself as i knew they were going to do that. and first one out is vry and he catches two of my blows to the back. i get dropped before i can find kainen and joquin though ><.
anyway, i go back into npc camp and get my stuff i get a lot of "what are you doing in here?"
then i go back in game and i go in the tavern and because of npcing on the field as werewolves, joquin asks if im a werewolf and i say no and then he wants to stab me to make sure. and im like "no your not going to stab me." this gose back and forth for anotehr 5 minutes and then kainen goes, "no one is going to stab avalon." and i go"thank you." and then he says. "unless its going to be me." and im like "what?!" and joquin goes, "come on lets do this it will be real quick. i have a potion and a magic armor for you." and i just walk out of the tavern and just kept going ignoring the yells to come back. finally ending up at the earth circle, no i wasent dead i just didnt want to talk to anyone.

sunday morning, the cerebral devourers going around capturing everyone. that just brougt back some bad memories of last deadlands of when i was captured by trying to save delaldur and then myself being saved by kainen.

just before the last wave battle, joquin was handed me a clip of 5 scolls all lined up so i could read them and only have to actually hold one. and also a small ring with another 16 more. and i used all but 4 of them during that fight along with a number of my own spells.
during the fight also, i saw taiben go down and i was like "ohh no!" and being a total noob and on the fail boat at the same time i went "activate, i call upon the earth to cure wounds." of course he gose "no effect." and i went "****! healing arts are you dead?" and he gose"yes." and then i yell "life spell!!"

then upon the ending of the other undead, i hear "kainen is fighting the (bill, cause i cant rember the name of who he was playing) and i run to the back of the field and joquin was also with me going in the same direction. when i get there i saw kainen coming torwards us motioning to joquin that he couldnt speak.
findout after the battle that if he had taken one more hit from bill he would have been killed.

all in all it was a fantastic weekend and i had alot of fun dispite the cold and the rain on sunday. and i cant wait for next deadlands i am sure its going to be awsome! and to those who make the trip to caldaria, hope to see you there!

Thank you NH, I had a blast, as always!

1. Having Mourgrymm’s spirit in my head. Stacey, you are eeeeevil, and I love it. Talk about having to face your fear. I have a whole bunch of fav’s that spun out from this.
a. Breaking up with Riddick because… well… I mean he’s just a lowly human. Steve, you are such a good sport.
b. Giving Kainen lip about whether he could stop Michiko from going to find Mourgrymm. “You can TRY and stop me.” “Um… Michiko, you know I CAN stop you, right?” The look of astonishment on his face at her attitude was hilarious.
c. The Princess in Jun-Wu’s head and Mourgrymm in Michiko’s head gave us a very interesting role reversal. Especially when he borrowed my parasol so he could start twirling it while batting eyelashes. Craig you crack me up.
d. Talking to Kinayo and trying to exude “Scientist examining very interesting experiment” but I don’t think anyone caught it.
e. The wave battle where Mourgrymm came out on Saturday, being drawn towards him by the spirit. Delaldur holding Michiko back from going to him. Then trying to stick her in the earth circle (bad plan) and behind a ward (worse plan) while she’s kicking and screaming and threatening to death people the whole time. And then of course, getting to be the solution to the wave battle is always hawt sauce. Thanks plot. That was super cool. :D

2. Stacey as the embodiment of the shards. The makeup job was very creepy in the light and the way you roleplayed her was excellent.

3. Trying to bring Kinayo on the mermaid mod. Leaving him behind at the last minute. Kinayo turns around to see us gone and says in his best sad little kid voice, “Hey! Michiko didn’t even say goodbye!” Adorable.

4. The circle dragon (cannot remember his name) telling Jun-Wu “Grovel Dragon Slave!” and Jun-Wu proceeding to kiss his feet. Riddick asking how he can get that kind of power and Jun-Wu’s response.

5. Steve’s reaction to Riddick rescuing Peter Pan from Sadine Moore.

6. Plot Turducken. Nether running from Skylar only to show up in the Peter Pan module. Not only did I bring the A team on the lowbie mod, but we brought an absurdly powerful bennie too. Jaimi, you were AWESOME as the Netherbird.

7. Ok, so earlier on Sunday there had been a whole bunch of cerebral devourers out and people were warned not to travel in small groups. After they bring Peter back from Sadine Moore, Aisling, Peter and I were walking across the field to our ward and I couldn’t help but wonder if the next plot twist might be Peter getting eaten by a cerebral devourer. “Return to Neverland, with numbers on your forehead”

8. Trying to convince Peter that magic was real. Aisling interceding between two little kids who were just going to keep going with the “Is not!” “Is too!” “Is not!” “Is too!”

9. Getting to hang out with, talk to and kick butt with Meghan more this event. :)

10. "They're taking the hoblings to Sadine Moore." Throw-ta-toes and other silliness.

I'd like to thank the plot people and the PC's for their contribution and humor. Anywhoosle...

1. Going out as Omar, the child who wanted to learn how to use a blade too large for him so he could get revenge against his father. What was the best was that Ursool just taught me. Awesome roleplay. Even better when I tell Ator why I want to use a blade. Awesome stuff.
2. Impotent morning crunchies! First, swinging 4's against Vry's new threshold. Then, getting weaknessed and ending up as Sun's first kill with a blade! Woo!\
3. Food runs with the old blind caster. Lots of interesting roleplay. Turns out, RPing with blackout glasses is pretty interesting.
4. Playing three children, all of which used two-handed blades. I just think that's funny.
5. Everything to do with the Peter Pan mod. Tons of fun. Again, thank you plot.
6. Playing an undead with a gigantic column. Desecrates saved my life.

Overall, I just had so much fun. Thanks again, all.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Dan, Stacy, and Gary; all the plot you guys give me is ******** and I love every god-damn minute of it. And for anyone else who's wondering how you too can be tortured mercilessly by a team of plot writers? SUBMIT YOUR CHARACTER HISTORY. IT WILL BE AWESOME. THEY HAVE PROVEN IT. Anyway--

- The Frat Hou-- er, I mean Vanguard. There are so many moments: Wolf getting stuck with Thalia's spirit, going to White Sun and the tabletopped roleplay involved, killing werewolves in what was the best combat I had of the weekend, or just general roleplay moments with them. Good times.

- Tabin and Sevaria ADVENTURES! Too bad you had Fevergrey rubbin' all up on you, dude. Now Sev feels all dirty.

- Heirophan training. Every time I have a Heirophan mod, it's friggin' awesome. Getting pinned, stunned, and becoming one sword girl with my friends hucking healing at my back from a distance was great. The roleplay afterward was interesting and fun, too. Cool stuff.

- Personal plot. Getting closure to a huge chapter of my character's life. Feeling a weight physically lift off of my shoulders because of it. It's a very strange, but satisfying, feeling -- and I look forward to playing Sevaria with this part of her life ended.

- Nether. Lol what? Here, have fifty body, now let me kill you. That was awesome.

- Joquin. Anyone who underestimates Chaz's roleplay is a silly, silly person.

- ALPHA WEREWOLF!

- Legal.. crap. I like how the unmarked necromancer, the guy turning himself in for murder, and the dude who was supposed to meet the Princess all showed up at once.

- Skylar. I hate you, dude.

Such a fun weekend!

Samara, if you ever need a second for plot you write, count me in! And if you ever get stuck, call me because helping you write that was epic fun. Girl time turned weekend of awesome :) I loved being the Pan to your Tink!

Playing the shadow was amazing! Like when I:
*yelled at Ator, and told him I felt pity for his daughter
*got hit for like 240 points of damage going "phasephasephasephasephase" while still walking
*mimicked Ator (without any of the barbarians noticing)
*had Tabin(/Fevergrey) offer to sew me to him so I could be his shadow and we could have fun together (... boy that could have gone poorly...)
*made faces and raspberried Ursul without him seeing when he was badmouthing fae (while Megan laughed out of game)
*explained my situation to Nether and it was decided that my body was my love, and to find it was to reach my balance
*got yelled at for scaring people by walking out of the darkness... a bunch of times
*taking people on all the find-the-stuff mods... Rothsphere pretending to be Hook, Wendy giving up the button, bribing mermaids with blueberries, bringing an APL 24 team to get the Neverbird (which was statted originally at level 12, the normal APL for the Pan mods, oopsey).

then there was the Peter's Body stuff...
*Parenting by Riddick Dale. (It didn't work.)
*Me and Michiko going "Magic doesn't exist!" "Yes it does!" "No!" "Yes!" ad nauseum... thank goodness Aisling was there.
*Riddick and Aisling managing to talk Peter into leaving Sadeen Moore, by bribing me with cocoa. RP for all on Samara mods!!! (PS, I never got that cocoa)
*Riddick searching Peter's sleeping body. And only finding a spirit locked DA'd dagger. Mofo wanted Peter Pan's lunch money.
*The Lost Boys mod, and watching the PCs faces when I started hitting for 5's with a dagger... then 29's from behind.
*Peter putting his heart in his shadow and sending it away. Samara, I had no idea you were going to do that, and I nearly cried.
*Fighting Mike as Captain Hook. Dodging and Evading like WHOA, Disarming his short sword, and then rolling him over and 14 waylaying him... for once, beating my boyfriend in combat. Honey, I love you for fighting like a donut and wearing that hat!

I know some people were of the opinion that we plagiarized that part of the weekend, but the point was to have characters that everyone knew (we had a PC produce a thimble and a pocketwatch, things that were in the story but we didn't have as props or mods, to aid in convincing Peter that magic existed and Neverland was waiting for him.) The idea is that there are fae that exist because the stories have been told about them. We didn't steal the story because we were too lazy to write plot, we used the premise that the characters were people that needed help to find their story again.

Stacey, you were epic as Nether. The way you'd stop and **** your head like you were listening to both parts of yourself was SO cool.

The whole weekend was great fun, and I can't wait to see Shane plot for the first time next month :D

Let's see...

-The wedding, and the partying afterward.

-Everyone being told to be quiet in the tavern by the noble and then loud "Yes' " start coming from outside, and the look on the noble's face when it starts.

-I enjoyed the Peter Pan plot, and being a little kid :)

-Becoming officially a member of the Healer's guild and learning healing techniques from Cho jun woo(sp?).

-Singing rounds with Tova, Medb, and Michiko.

-Seeing all the great people that play this game again.

-The talk about how Cho jun woo(sp?) is becoming a guild master similar to Gladius.

-Learning how to use a bow, I'm a REAL elf now.

I'm excited for the October event, because I know there will be death and lots of it!

Great Weekend guys.

Favs

Finally getting to help put the team together and then being battle commander all weekend. Seekers, you guys rock.

Getting to hear sun finally kill something with a sword on sunday morning as I am getting ready to leave the tent. She fianly figured out how to put the blade into the squishy part :lol:

Having the Paladins spirit in me and then trying to save him. Thanks for involving me in that plot.

50+ body from Nether = awesome. Saved my *** later.

Having Koi run up to me in the last battle all panicked because Az was dead and then doing the mad dash across the field for the slide in life spell.

RP all weekend with just about everyone. :)

Sleepy Juice with Jin-Woo, Az, and Thrak.

Once again awesome weekend. cant wait for october

CHAZZ-FREAKING-BENDER... from my first scary moment in the game to some of the coolest RP I've run into, this guy is my hero!

Getting to see Zymm in-game again.

werewolf mod and running like a sally b****

Solo panterghast... holy crap

Necro RP

Moral ambiguity

"Subterfuge is the better plan"

Thanks for a cool event guys!

My favorite moment was watching Stacey play Nether.

She did such a great job, and I gave her virtually no prep time for the character.

So, Stacey, you kick ***.

I have about five minutes, so here we go:

Finally after 9 months of rping learning one handed edge, buying it. Waiting until sunday to use it, then weaknessing an undead and "learning it." I began swinging "meh" then went to 0's, then 1's, 2's, and 3's. All while being Sun yelling "I'm doing it!" So much fun. Thanks dude for letting me have my fun.

On a similar note, being asked by multiple people if they just saw what they thought they saw.

Tent of awesome. Finally enough room not only for stuff, but to stand.

Kanio (sp) I love the dragon elf. Sooo cute. Him teaching Sun now to fight was great.

"So, while you were gone, I copied down the scroll into common. Can I possibly get a written down note of what it is I actually wrote?" "Wait, so you wrote down the scroll that summons spectral undead to the casting?" "Duh. Of course I did."

During my long wait to get in game, an npc who will go nameless comes into camp all excited because he finally rolled someone and got a staff. I asked who it was and he said it was Avalon. The boo's that he got was priceless.

"Wait, you hate fae too?" "Wait, you do too?" "Wait, I'm not the only one?"

Necromancers anonymous

Level 1 rit, 36 seconds left, backlash!

Thalphidion. enough said

Well, time's up

Jen

yea that rit "shouldn't" have backlashed... lol But I head the story and it sounded great either way. :p

(for those that care pg. 131 3rd from the bottom in the far right column on the auto backlash list)

Oh, there's another good one:

Thalphidion: "HEY SEVARIA! I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU ANY MORE!"

Jezebel said:
During my long wait to get in game, an npc who will go nameless comes into camp all excited because he finally rolled someone and got a staff. I asked who it was and he said it was Avalon. The boo's that he got was priceless.

the fact he got boo's just makes me happy inside. and of course craig couldnt wait to tell jesse and chaz the next morning "you'll never guess what happened 5 minutes after you left!!!"

Jezebel said:
I saw that all happen.

Rachel, just so you know, I chased after him and followed him 30 or so feet into the woods, and decided it was a bad idea to continue.

Back