September Favorites

Ryan S

Scholar
It was good to see all of you, and I look forward to seeing you all in a month at our Castle Event!

As usual, here are my favorites from the event in order of when I remember them while typing:

------------------------------------------

Zihr getting head nodded to meet outside with an "old friend" and the heavy almost defeated sigh the second time it happened in the weekend.

Beryl sitting in the middle of a mass construct battle, quietly trying to finish a puzzle without drawing attention to himself.

Zen bravely chasing a Fae through a portal trying to save an innocent. "I know it's a bad idea!"

Agate's inquisition of the Hobling Master Merchant that visited to inspect General Hildegard. Debating what value sentimentality has in negotiations. Repeating the phrase, "Never let sentiment get in the way of profit!" Offering Agate 50 Gold for her skull adornment, and being very forcibly turned down.

Julia roleplaying an angry dragon was really well done. We didn't give her a lot to work with, but she did it justice.

The kobold emissary showing up and the first reaction from Bluwolf being, "Kill it!" until Zen interceded.

Beryl and Zen debating what emotion different spells could mean and experimenting with the new trinket.

Zihr directing the construct chorus, "When will Evoder get here?"

The Intercept/Reflect golem getting in the way of Bluwolf's spells. "15 Spell Flame", "Intercept, Reflect", "You would!"

A very solemn meeting late on Saturday night. The Adventurer determination against ancient acceptance of an unfortunate circumstance.

Great weekend everyone! In no particular order, here are some of my event favorites

- The last town mod getting dicey, throwing up a sanctuary, and Ryan C as the vampire being very confused as to why all his "10 Normals" were being met with "No Effect"

- Doom Snail(s)! A very fun little mod, and some much needed winding down after the last big fight of the night.

- A little moment with Zihr on the sea monster mission, after we rescued Bel, Zihr woke him back up with the smell of a banana. Then banana shenanigans that followed with Zihr dropping it on the ground asking people to "hey, wanna walk over to me for a second?"

- Late night lore drop! It was a really cool encounter and you could really tell someone put a lot of time into the story of the dragons.

- And very likely more I will add when I have a little more time to think!

Above are the photos I took

Snails were amazing, salt slow shatter shell, the pointless rift elevator, my favorite kind of silly fun mod chefs kiss

Dragon lore drop OMG best dragon role play I have ever seen in my dozen years of larp. I actually felt like a insignificant mortal but not annoyed like I wanted to kill him. Great balance. Also the story is tragic and poetical I am so excited to dig and find more.

Setting traps for the first time because I did realize the big guy that the constructs said was coming to destroy the circle was already dead. I was so scared and was using all I could to slow it down. I even kept an oil of slipperyness on that orb. My heart was pounding and looking for ways to help.

Byrl setting off the traps I told him about when he sat down because he did realize just how scared I was and had them on a hair trigger.

Covering Mira's shield with scrolls. I felt so proud every two I herd her use one. It great to see a scroll and shield fighter.

The necromantic test, I love this kind of teaching and learning opportunity

Running after zen with the fae but luckily for me getting downed with a sleep before I reached them. Doing their rezerection.

Is there any way we could get a rundown of what happened after the crypt mod Saturday night? looked quite interesting by the videos that Gerty posted.

Is there any way we could get a rundown of what happened after the crypt mod Saturday night? looked quite interesting by the videos that Gerty posted.
I'll post something on the in game forums about the lore drop at some point. I need to get my notes organized first.

Favorites still incoming. My brain is fried

I'll post something on the in game forums about the lore drop at some point. I need to get my notes organized first.

Favorites still incoming. My brain is fried
No worries and thank you Zen! It was quite the market and we were all pretty worn down by the end!

Forvites in the order I rember them and then write them down

-Gertys reaction to a tragic revelation.

-Going full counter on the 1v1 spell dual with the construct (also thanks to Andrea for catching it on video!)

-Hanging out with Bluwolf and his awesome reaction to an uncomfortable truth

-Seeing Khademus for the first to in person

-Finding my favorite button to press (after solving the puzzle of course

-Alexander's all shield intercept reflect golem. An awesome defensive NPC that demanded good situational awareness

-Operation 'Beat my Meat'

-Snails were a wonderful palette cleanser mod. Seeing the slowed snail slowly sludginf towards us and shattering all their shells was a Blast

-While I didn't walk away with the perm scroll I'm still up two critical items to complete my perm item. We're more than 50% done! In very related news I am also out of money

Hearing all about the investment opportunity for operation beat my meat and all the laughs that ensued

Late night stargazing with Agate and Cass

Interrogating a potential assassin to find out he is actually just trying to plan a birthday party (and then getting him to commission a birthday cake from Red Gem Bakery!). Honestly everything was hilarious about this encounter including my slayers guild master Arthur helping me intoxicate the man and then giving me a non-spiked drink and whispering 'fake it till you make it'

Interrogating the Fae was hard but we got some interesting information. Sounds like we need to find a way to make our own portals to their world if we want to meet them on their turf.

The snails were fun and light hearted and Gerty hitting one with a slow was so funny

Playing cribbage with Mira and Ax

Getting my slayers guild storage locker

I don't normally have a number one moment but this event proved different. By far my favorite moment was Zihr giving me an earth blade and going to town on undead.

As always, I had a lot of fun this weekend and can't wait until next event!

the september event was quite good seeing a few more of the group and learning a bit more of the new rules( hey does anyone know specifically when the new rulebook is coming?), but surprising the one thing that stuck out was that sea monster mod. when after it was done i was surprised that Iganeous did not get knocked into the sea, but overall i thuoght the entire event was VERY GOOD!!

The 2.0 rulebook is available in pdf and physical form(was at some point).

2.1 will have some updates but I wouldnt expect a book until Summer 2022 if I had to guess as its not currently live.

Hey! Andrea, i saw those photos you posted.. very nice. and i hope that the new rulebook will come out soon for i would like out the new skills and rule changes.

David Raatz

Favorites:

1.Friday night coming in as a euphoria dealer who is a jobless liberal arts student.
Bluwolf "I can smell the liberal arts on you"

2. The next morning being another euphoria dealer and selling Cass some Herb, the being beat down and my money redistributed to other adventurers. All the drug plot when the Boy Scouts were so close was kinda ironic.

3. Rhinosaur! Cheetahdactyl! Wolfagator! Oh My!

4. Zen "I panic Doomed the dwarf"

5. Kobold Card Games

6. Playing an baby Doom Snail

Dragon orbs! Holy crap is there more than I ever expected there to be with them.

Bluewolf! You're always great.

Reminding everyone about run away from the fey about the people we were supposed to be protecting. What would they ever do without me?

Role-playing the dragon was fun! Beating up friends can be cathartic too. Just hope I have more time to prepare for it next time.

Alexander and his intercept golem and "beat my meat"

People getting knocked into the water by the sea monster. Really reminded me of shooting pool

The poor, poor dwarf at the end of the pyrite cave. You really shouldn't run away from Zen when all he has left is Dooms.

Beryl beating up the euphoria dealer. I hope he learned his lesson

In no particular order:

What I half heard from the kitchen about operation beat my meat.

Food at the event - Thank you Amy!

Berating Bluwolf about doing killing blows with a staff.

Shaking salad dressing in the kitchen.

The liches lair obstical course, even though I could only watch.

The snail maze.

I cast 2 rituals this weekend. I have to remember to charge for some of that.

Feeling like a spy master sending Mint in to talk to the potential assassin and wondering out loud if I have "plausible deniability" from participating in slipping an intoxicate to an aristocrat.

Gerty watching what was going on and trying to help Mint by checking if her drink was spiked.

Thank you plot, npcs and pcs. It is always fun to play with you.

Agot "when did they get a femail mpc? ooooo thats just Luke"

octo turtle with all the reflect

Kobold cult of the pickle

dead npc being turned to pink mist in the middle of the tavern and all over gurdy

Back