September Long weekend

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks!

Interested in an extended weekend for Labor day 2015? Let me know here! Post your thoughts/opinions!
If we change it, I might move the August event one weekend earlier to accommodate the change.

The tournament event seemed very rushed so I was thinking we could stretch out the events over the 3 day event instead.

Jesse

*thumbs up*

I like the idea of the tourney over a 3 day weekend. Only issue personally is if the August event gets moved up a weekend I may not be able to make it because of work.

from me - a thumbs up for the 3 day labor day and august event a week earlier! And thumbs up for the tourney, since there's plenty of questing to be done for all those who don't want to be tourneying.
:)

My preference is for a 3-day regular weekend event.

While the tournament was okay, I don't believe adding an extra day would improve the timing. Overall streamlining the rules, the calls and those little fiddly parts that are usually unwritten would provide a cleaner fix than tacking on time.

I would love a three day event, also on the fence for a 3 day Tourney, but all in for a three day event!

I would personally prefer that it be moved back. Especially now that October has been moved back.

from me - a thumbs up for the 3 day labor day and august event a week earlier! And thumbs up for the tourney, since there's plenty of questing to be done for all those who don't want to be tourneying.
:)

This is a big part of why I personally want to do the tournament for a three day. Last year we got a lot of feedback that was of the form that "I loved being in/watching the tournament, but I couldn't do anything else because it dominated my time." Three days would let us do more not-tournament things for everyone (whether they are participating or not) while giving people who are participating more of a break.

Make it a 3-day event. People can always leave early if they want/have to. Some folks ditch Sundays on weekend events already.

I absolutely love the idea of a 3 day event! but I really really would rather not do 3 days of tournament, if the tournament was like a single afternoon that'd be fine.

I'd vote for a 3-day regular event. With a regular event it is very feasible to come late or leave early. But if you are on a tournament team you need to be there for the whole event.

So I would vote to either keep the event at 2-days or making it a 3-day regular event (non-tournament).

Personals preferences:

1. A three day event sounds like a lot of fun!
2. I agree that the tournament felt like it ate a whole event. I think the solution to the problem however is eliminating or shortening some of the events as well as pushing them closer together rather than making them farther apart. There were many times where I was invited to go on a mod but could not because there was an event in an hour and I didn't know if I would be out in time. Spacing the events out even more makes this problem worse and increase the dead time rather than make it better. Personally, I would like to see the tournament all in one day.
3. General tournament feedback: Making the events optional is really important to people's fun. A common complaint I heard was that many of the events required the whole team to be present (Colors, Entertainment, etc) and participate regardless of the individual's desire to participate in that event. Another problem was team size caps. Instead of the people that most wanted to do an event you had people that were on a team because they could run or were a spellcaster even if they had no desire to participate in 90% of the events.

Preferences:

1. Long weekend = Yes, whether tourney or no
2. Run the tourney no more frequently than every-other-year; skip til 2016
3. If we have to have a tourney in 2015, long weekend... with fewer tourney events, not more

Trace

Reactions: Dia
1) I'd love a three-day event, but I would NOT love a three-day tournament. There were fun things about the tournament, but it was still a lot less fun than a regular game. Having more time to do regular stuff still means some people being bored during the tournament stuff.
2) Labor day weekend conflicts with Dragon*Con, and I think I remember that a significant number of people are gone for that. I know you can't plan around every convention, especially out-of-state ones, I just remember that I was surprised how MANY alliance players had dragoncon pictures up on facebook.

I seriously would pay more AND take PTO for a longer regular game, though.

3 day event: awesome.

Tournament 3 day event: I'd prefer not.

Reasoning: I think it would be fantastic to really focus on the game's plot (overarching or weekend specific) without having to worry about which tournament event I'm heading toward at what time on the schedule, or accomplishing the little in between tournament related things. The first option sounds more relaxed to me, and therefore epic, even if we're being harried by baddies all weekend long, while the second sounds more structured and/or stressful. (Admittedly, though, I am not a fan of the tournament stuff, so this colors my opinion).

LOVE the three day weekend event!

Not a huge fan of it being the Tournament. So much time, money, energy, and insane amount of planning go into the tourney. A three day event will be more expensive for folks as well (rental fees, food etc), and with the amount of money that goes into the tournament already, and the current ruling of mandatory attendance - I'm just worried about what affects it will have on the entered teams.

For a normal event, I'm a huge fan when there isn't as big a financial investment already.

Back