Setting up your 2.0 Playtest Characters

Discussion in 'Videa: Out Of Game' started by Alkalin3, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Alkalin3

Alkalin3 Fighter South Michigan Staff Marshal

I just finished importing your 2.0 playtests characters.

To get access follow this link and enter your email address https://alliancedb.herokuapp.com/users/password/new

Do not create a new account. You should get an email asking you to set a password. If it tells you that your email isn't found reach out to me. Not everyone has updated emails and I'm happy to get you setup. Don't create a new account as that makes it a bit of a headache for me.

If you're planning on attending the Videa's playtest and not from the chapter, we'll need to work with your home chapter to get characters uploaded. So you'll want to make sure that's taken care of sooner rather then later.

Right now there's no undo button, so if you make a mistake I can help.

If you want to plan out a build here are some great tools.

https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/character-management-application-free-play.37999/
    https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/playtest-character-builder-for-arb-2-v11.37873/

l337quaker and ZeroDonavan like this.
  2. Celebolwa

Celebolwa Scholar

My information is not there. Raymond Roberge home chapter is Videa/ NH

Email is rabiesray@gmail.com

3. Alkalin3

Reach out the logistics and make sure they have updated your email address. They have an old one for you.

4. Alkalin3

I deleted your account registered with that email and set the one with your characters to the new email. You should have a password reset request in your inbox.

5. EffieBoneata

EffieBoneata Newbie

I'm having an issue with being able to purchase skills through the character creator. It won't show me a way to purchase spells or most skills. I can read them but it doesn't let me purchase them. I'm using this on mobile, do I need to use it on a computer to use it?

6. Alkalin3

You'll have to be more specific.
    When you're on your character screen you should see a list of skills available based on your free xp, and what skills you've bought.
    When you click the skill you should see a description. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, is there not a purchase button you can click?

7. EffieBoneata

EffieBoneata Newbie

I had seemed to think I would pick each skill individually and then fill in prerequisites. Figured it out with some help and some "d'oh" moments. Is there any way to remove a skill purchased or would I have to do that at the event? I added create potion and I'd like to remove it.

8. Alkalin3

There is not. Eventually I'll add an undo button but, I haven't had time. If you provide me with more details I will remove the level of create potion.

9. EffieBoneata

EffieBoneata Newbie

Character name is Alyziena oathsworn scholar. Player name is Alyssa Adams. Email to account is alyziena@gmail.com

It was only One level of create potion and that was all.

Thank you very much for your help!

10. Alkalin3

You're all set.

11. Alkalin3

South Michigan has an event this weekend so I won't be reachable until Sunday night.

12. Alkalin3

How's everyone doing? Haven't heard much. Anyone having any problems? Anyone need help? What can I do to help make this smoother?

l337quaker likes this.
  13. l337quaker

l337quaker Newbie

If you could make some difficult personal choices for m , that would be great, haha! There's a lot to go through and choose between. Thanks for reaching out though! On related note, how will post playtesting feedback be handled? Is it via a web form?

14. KeelyBrenna

KeelyBrenna Newbie

Hello Chris!

It couldn't find any of my Emails - would it be possible to set up an account for NH player #8 with the Email Staceybeshers@gmail.com. I'll be playing Nelwyn for the player test.

Thank you!

15. Alkalin3

You're welcome to bounce builds off of me if you'd like. Having run a 2.0 game, and built the system. I'd like to think I've got a pretty good idea about what works (spoiler alert, it's pretty hard to build a bad build)

There will be a google form to fill stuff out.

l337quaker likes this.
  16. kelseycadaver

kelseycadaver Newbie

Is there a way to reset the skills I've chosen like in the beta build? I accidentally added "Level 1 Spell (Secondary) x1",
    also my info is
    Character: Salix Reed, Dryad Scholar
    My Name: Kelsey Emmett
    Email used: emmettkelsey@gmail.com

17. Alkalin3

Yeah. I removed it.