Shalom!

thyturnip

I'm one of the three dryads that showed up to the July event. We had a ton o' fun and felt very welcomed by all of you, I hope we weren't to much of a burden on you all while we were getting our feet wet.

Were trying to get our schedules together to go to another real soon(probably npc'ing), and I know its been a while but any constructive criticism would be appreciated :)

You guys were great, as pcs and npcs.

I'm sure you'll find your next time pcing a lot easier to manage. The first time can be a bit of beast if you've never played before. Nevertheless, we would also love to see you again as npcs.

Take care and hope to see you soon,

Gary

if you guys are going to be around for the Tournament event this weekend, my younger brother will be playing his dryad character. Food for thought.

An all Dryad team would be awesome!

Don't forget my offer, gentlemen. It was your first Alliance event and you npc'ed for most of it, so as I said, given that you already paid for the last event, I will not charge you for the next one you decide to pc. Just in case that helps.

Gary

Oh, and since you asked for it, the only thing I'd recommend is to practice everything. Practice calling your incants and throwing. That sort of stuff. All such things come with time though. No worries.

You already did better than a member of my first group, from my first time pcing. He managed to resurrect while I was still going through logistics. Five minutes into his first game, ever.

So...good job!

Deadlands said:
Oh, and since you asked for it, the only thing I'd recommend is to practice everything. Practice calling your incants and throwing. That sort of stuff. All such things come with time though. No worries.

You already did better than a member of my first group, from my first time pcing. He managed to resurrect while I was still going through logistics. Five minutes into his first game, ever.

So...good job!
Five minutes you say? Shouldn't it have been six at least? Or was he death'd the second he walked in? :p

Vry_Young_Pup said:
Deadlands said:

So...good job!
Five minutes you say? Shouldn't it have been six at least? Or was he death'd the second he walked in? :p

Seriously, I think he was on his feet for less than five minutes before getting jailhouse lovin from a pack of goblins. So yes, techically he didn't go poof in five, but for all intent and purpose, he was road kill in five minutes.

Granted, he tried to fight at least 5 npcs by himself, at level one, with one long sword and a thowing dagger. There were also no other pcs in game yet.

Whoops...

I walked into game to set up my little cabin/shed and he comes running up to me. His OOG nick-name was Bubba, btw. (I'm not joking)

Bubba: "Heresy, I've been to the other side!"

Me: "Dude, what are you talking about?"

Bubba:"There is a life after this. I've seen it!"

Me: "You died? Like, already needed a life spell?"

Bubba:"Nay! There were none but I on the field, and I fought them all myself!"

Me: "Wait, you already rezzed? Rezzing is THAT common in this game?!!"

The truth was no, it's not that common, or easy, but for Bubba it was. God bless that kid. Only made it to one game, then moved out of state. What a minion he would have made someone, someday.

Gary

hey, remember avalons first deadlands event?
it was the lowbie event
i come out of the woods, say a couple greetings to the other lowbies
i see tim aka ocean going off to the earth circle with the chaos dragon
i go into the tavern
and a few mins later a pack of goblins come in, i start to run for the back door and they kill me
i fall by the door
but no one sees me there bleeding as there are at least a hand full of people not 2 feet away
and im screaming in my head, look down!! look down!!!
but nope.... i go rez as there was also no life spells at the time
and all that could not have been more than 10 mins after i come in game.

oh man.. that story was great Gary.. it literally brought a tear of laughter to my eye.

Deadlands said:
Vry_Young_Pup said:
Deadlands said:

So...good job!

Seriously, I think he was on his feet for less than five minutes before getting jailhouse lovin from a pack of goblins. So yes, techically he didn't go poof in five, but for all intent and purpose, he was road kill in five minutes.

Granted, he tried to fight at least 5 npcs by himself, at level one, with one long sword and a thowing dagger. There were also no other pcs in game yet.

Whoops...

I walked into game to set up my little cabin/shed and he comes running up to me. His OOG nick-name was Bubba, btw. (I'm not joking)

Bubba: "Heresy, I've been to the other side!"

Me: "Dude, what are you talking about?"

Bubba:"There is a life after this. I've seen it!"

Me: "You died? Like, already needed a life spell?"

Bubba:"Nay! There were none but I on the field, and I fought them all myself!"

The truth was no, it's not that common, or easy, but for Bubba it was. God bless that kid. Only made it to one game, then moved out of state. What a minion he would have made someone, someday.

Gary
May we all have a moment of silence for our fallen Bubba, wherever he may be now.

*Silence*

Deadlands said:

The truth was no, it's not that common, or easy

Not for lack of trying on my part.

Deadlands said:
God bless that kid. Only made it to one game, then moved out of state. What a minion he would have made someone, someday.

I think there were pics of him somewhere, along with the rest of your crew. Dark, curly-haired guy, right? I seem to remember pics of him and Anju floating around. Now I have to find them.

Yup. He was also wearing a knight's tabbard with a giant red cross, that I recall he was gently asked to not wear next event.

Back