Shops & Inns

How does in game rent work? We have an inn that is for rent and I have a player who's going to rent it. How do you deal with the in game rent? Does she actually have to make the in game money to pay the landlord? Or does she get a set amount each event to make up for the out of game days we aren't at the site? Does that make sense? Lol She's planning to bake and have it be a bakery shop/inn. (An inn because there are lots of beds in a room there where people will sleep)
-Rachelle
AllianceKansasLogistics@gmail.com

Is this the Inn where PCs will sleep? Its really up to how plot decides to handle it.

Ive seen PCs "own" the Inn for 30g, its just a normal 6 room building per rulebook rates. As customer service they couldnt charge PCs for sleeping there.

I would suggest handling it offscreen money wise, but you can give the PC naming rights. If its just a rental thing, maybe just have them offscreen work it, charge nothing but if they want to buy down the road charge 30g.

When I did plot I assumed between market earnings and soending evened out--other wise any MWE would be Scrouge McDuck rich.

Back