Silence of the 1340

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Disaster was averted two days ago. The mist, sealed off from those that pierce from lands beyond. A select few rose up and stopped that threat. Heroes they are called.

Heroes.

Vira Faewraek dreamed of one day becoming a hero. Her Bliss was to ride through the hills of the Spine's outer edge with her twin sister Vara. They had big dreams, and high hopes. They were only 17, quite young for their race. They had years of potential, years to live out their lives. Now, they are silent. They will never be heroes. Their dreams were silenced, permanently.

Bialaer Beipetor & Lidia Beipetor were making a business deal up from the Eternal Empire. They had a dream to create the finest silk garments and spread their craft with those of the 4 kingdoms. They had just made their biggest trade of their finest work. Luckily for them they got to experience that brief joy, before their life was taken from them. It only took a single call from a human to take so many lives.

I thought it had ended when Bal was erased; I was wrong.

Those, and the 63 others below are only but a mere 5% of the Mystic Wood Elf lives taken two days ago. They will never dream again. Never experience Bliss, and never be happy. They are gone. Dead. Lost forever.

Because of...heroes.

Well heroes of Terna, your rein will not last long. Happiness will prevail.

Remember them well.

Hamon Fendi

Ryul Ilida

Connak Travyre

Dyffros Ravavyre

Folmon Jolar

Gorred Eilnan

Jandar Zinralei

Gormon Zylroris

Sharian Sarven

Rhalyf Olarieth

Ava Eilwarin

Ochyllyss Keyzana

Alais Tracaryn

Selussa Enzorwyn

Nei Wysacyne

Dathlue Omaxisys

Myantha Triskrana

Ameria Qinceran

Helartha Beifiel

Thasitalia Elatris

Raejiisa Iarran

Tethys Helethyra

Aravae Morrieth

Lura Omaroris

Imizael Yesro

Merlara Xilwarin

Ariawyn Farxisys

Ratha Urinala

Leena Virrie

Vashti Faewraek

Vara Faewraek

Vira Faewraek

Theodre Fennorin

Belanor Luhorn

Nhamashal Maggeiros

Khuumal Xyrnelis

Ivsaar Heleran

Aelrindel Yinthyra

Khiiral Vensandoral

Jhaan Glynharice

Kiirion Ulafir

Bialaer Beipetor

Lidia Beipetor

Folmer Heiphine

Kesefehon Yinphine

Fylson Preslee

Kerym Adphine

Reptar Aragolor

Foxfire Kellee

Rhalyf Miawraek

Althidon Phijyre

Orndacil Yllamaris

Ruith Tormaris

Rundin Tormaris

R'ley Tormaris

Fa'lin Tormaris

Feno Liazumin

Almon Leorieth

Elas Farora

Gaelin Thexina

Elmer Krisstina

Ornthalas Petphine

Fhaornik Mortris

Ayred Gilwenys

Lhoris Bryneiros

Hastos Waesdi

Trisya Waesdi

- Kaz'ik

Wait, Kaz'ik, I'm confused... Who are these people? What happened? I definitely missed something!

~ Silp

Hey. Kaz’ik.

I don’t necessarily know (or care) if the adventurers should be called “heroes” or not, but I do know a bit about Bleak, so let me chime in here.

Yeah, 1000 or so Mystics died. That’s pretty bad. Not sure how or why, but they did.

The white wyrm, the winter storm, the dragon known as Bleak, or whatever you'd like to call him, would have killed far more than 1000 people had he arrived into Terna. His very presence would have prevented children from being born and crops from being grown. Also, If not for the adventurers of Dragonreach and the wonderfully tactical mind of Count Thaddeus Savoy at our most recent gather, he could have continued to manipulate time and remove people from existence for his own advantage.

It sounds like the adventurers had a choice. 1000 Mystics or the entire land of Terna. It sounds like they made the right choice.

I get it. You’re going to respond with something about “Oh but with Bliss, nobody has to die or deal with the pain blah blah blah.” Well first off, that’s just not true. From what I understand (which isn't much to be honest, so bear with me), you would have used the adventurers to fuel this Bliss, and then eventually once everyone wakes up from it and are so filled with the despair you’ve given them, they no longer even have the desire to live. That seems pretty awful.

There will always be challenges in the world, Kaz'ik, and please don't be so full of yourself to think that you can cure them all. Perhaps these challenges aren't in Terna (for a while) if Bliss happens, but there will always be threats from other lands, like Bleak. And trust me… You can’t take on Bleak, or whatever the next big threat is, by yourself.

And because there will always be challenges, there will always be adventurers in Terna. From what I've seen, they don't make the best of choices, but they are at least trying to do some good... Learn from their mistakes, help the innocent, and so on. It seems like they're pretty similar to you, you all just have different views on how to make the land better.

Why am I saying any of this? I don't know... I don't really like Terna all that much, but I guess there are some things that aren't awful about it.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri
Waymaker
Apprentice to Mathis – Order of the Emerald Flame

Last edited:
*with venom*

Don't you DARE speak the names of my lost people, you monster! They didn't deserve to permanently die, but I know for certain that NO Mystic Wood Elf would WILLINGLY fall to your false sense of happiness. My people destroy those that would remove our free wills and ability to think for ourselves. You are no different that a slaver who subjugated others under him because he thinks he knows what's best.

You WILL be STOPPED! And in memory of all of my people sacrificed.... since I can't destroy the man who did it.... I will destroy the one who wishes to finish the job.

Eldandiril

Also, Radi... I hope that the community I hold dear would NEVER in a hundred thousand years ALLOW the mass murder of my people no matter the circumstance. My people have suffered enough at the hands of the true name bandits and they deserved to be able to live with out the fear that they had no freedom... I have fought to free them and put my own life on the line to do so...

I am sick of my people suffering for the gains of others.

I hope for the love of all fortannis I am wrong and that none of you are responsible for their deaths.. . . .

-Eldandiril

Nikolai....
Eric Marsters...

now Eldandiril...

So much hate, so much malice. I offer you this. When you next gather in mass, I will be there. Just me. I wish to show you my resolve is greater than your tyranny. I offer you 4 a single minute to attack me with everything you have, every blow, every spell, every trick you can come up with. However, win you fail to strike me down, I will shatter your spirits.

I hope you accept, but then again I am the coward after all.

~ Kaz'ik

*Serene calmness*

Kaz'ik,

I have no desire to fight you. I don't know what drives you nor am I really interested in it. I have many times used hasty words to achieve an end, but not any more.

I will not accept your challenge, nor will I care if you desire to call me a coward. I will protect those I care for and continue on with my life. I hope when all is done with you can find some measure of peace, until then I bid you fare well.

Nikkolai Ravania

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, buddy.

I fight only on my terms... I have fought against disguised tyranny like yours my entire life and I won't let you pretend to be the good guy. You are just like the rest of the villains we've protected fortannis from. I won't fall for you falsehoods nor will I become part of your herd.

I decide my fate, not you.

-Eldandiril

Stop feed his ego. When time come both parties clash with force to shake the world.

Do not speak to dog which bark with no end and no sense. Bark just to hear it self bark.

No. When time come fight. No words before. Speak with your strength. Both are too committed to who they are to yield by words. Words spent are waste.

-Ragnarok

Hello everyone.

If everyone's just going to keep yelling in my head, I might as well make my thoughts known.

Kazzik: at some point, you realized what you were doing. Perhaps not at first. It probably began as a nagging doubt left by collateral damage. You've dug your heels in. I get that. You're too far down this path to turn back. That's why you suggest risky last-stand measures and try to make the adventurers doubt themselves. It's your own guilt made manifest. It's easier when it's someone else's fault, right? I hear the pain that fuels these desperate measures. Allow your own pain to ebb. You're only spreading it around.

To the heroes: Kazzik isn't wrong about your choice to sacrifice Mystic Wood Elves. I get that it was an impossible choice: Lose all or lose many. Both choices were wrong, and you should own up to that. A clear conscience after that decision isn't healthy or admirable. I wouldn't have had the strength to make that choice, and maybe that's why the mists didn't take me. For those who had the strength, allow your pain, frustration and sorrow to be seen. Bottle it too long, and you walk the path Kazzik is now.

-Joseph Smith

Joseph,

No, adventuring person chose genocide... the act was carried out by Bruce the Emerald Slayer. From what I have been told, the group was not able to keep stable footing and Bruce, also known as a true name bandit, took it upon himself to force the many mystic wood elves to permanently die. Their spirits were torn from them leaving behind a lifeless reminder of what they once were.

I am sure there have been many a funeral throuout the land for the innocent fallen.

Eldandiril

Eldandiril (and everyone who isn't Bruce or Kazzik),

My apologies. I spoke hastily.

-Joseph

Back