Sir Percival's Warning

Jaerc

Artisan
Marshal
PLOT TEASER (via Josh R... I am not on Plot)

A wanderer comes into Town, and after meeting with the Dwarven Prince, asks the heroes to gather round and hear his words...

The man takes off his hood, revealing a youthful face, but eyes that seem different, even as if something was wrong or strangely mystical about them.

"I am Percival, a friend and Knight of Veldan. I have served the Barony of Veldan for multiple generations now... and yes, my youth is because of the curse and blessing of vampirism.

I am one of the first to establish this affliction on this shard. The other two, once my friends, and adventurers like you... are known now as Violetta of the Mezzenote- Midnight Syndicate.... and William Shadowmane- a recent friend of Herod"

He looks around taking a breath and a drink from a flask...

"I am not evil. In fact, after years of regretful action, I came to realize how monstrous this had made us. I decided I wanted to destroy vampires before more of the affliction had spread. Fear not, only a very old vampire like myself can spread the affliction, it is not easy to spread like a typical disease.

I come here with a warning and critical information. Your friend Robert Duvok... or perhaps enemy... is working with one we call the Blood Magus. He is a powerful ritualist who will appear as a teenage boy. He is also the son of Violetta, adopted after turning him at a young age.

We became this way after wandering into the woods outside of Hellglaive Castle... We thought we could find the source of an evil there and end it... but instead, it brought about the end to our current lives.

Whatever you choose, this Blood Magus is powerful and can do things most ritual casters cannot. Robert Duvok is waging a war against the Midnight Syndicate with his help. William Shadowmane has always only wanted the utter destruction of the living, so he too will be an adversary.

It is imperative you do NOT allow the Blood Magus to fall into either of the other Elder Vampires hands. The knowledge and power he has could be used to tremendous damage to the living, and in this time of need for the empire, this could be a catastrophe.

I will return or send word to help you understand and traverse this challenge, but I too am dangerous in their hands, and must return to hiding. The war between Vampire Elders, the War for the Empire, and the War for your very world against this Mother now come to a crossroads, and this year many hard choices must be made.

I wish you all well in your quest. Find the Blood Magus, and keep him from your enemies at all costs."

(OOG direct replies here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108867386310374/permalink/483008815562894/)

Back