Sir Victor Blasdel's Investigation Report: April 415

llywelyn

Artisan
Sir Victor Blasdel, High Lord Sheriff and Paladin Commander to Her Grace Dame Ilianna Tiberion sends greetings and good will to the people of and visitors to New Acarthia,

Prior to the April Ducal Gathering in the 415th year of the Age of Chivalry several reports of a most serious nature were received by Her Grace Dame Ilianna Tiberion regarding members of the Scions of Valarion. Her Grace also received a proposed charter from the Scions of Valarion, asking for Her Grace's approval so that they may be considered a chartered organization under our laws.

Given the status of the Scions of Valarion as a foreign organization and given the nature and scope of the reports, Her Grace in her wisdom asked me to investigate the truth of these claims so that we may know, now that the Scions of Valarion have had some time to adjust to our customs and integrate with the populace of Acarthia, what sort of people had joined us in our lands.

In the course of my investigation I interviewed 16 people including nobles, commoners, members of the Scions of Valarion who were originally from their homeland and members who had joined them in different capacities since arriving here.

What I found, overall, were a group of people who have come from a hard land and who have lead hard lives, who have struggled in Acarthia to be accepted while simultaneously struggling to adapt to a world very different from their own. Even while adapting they have proven themselves repeatedly to be a great asset to Acarthia, yet in many ways they were still perceived and possibly even perceived themselves as outsiders on Acarthian soil, rather than Acarthians.

After consulting with Her Eminent Grace it was decided that if they were to be an Acarthian Organization then all needed to see them as Acarthians. That their history and their culture were great and worthwhile, but that they should be seen by all as full members, rather than outsiders who were being suffered to reside here. It was thought that they should keep their pride in their homeland but should also be viewed as a more integrated part of our Kingdom.

As such, it was asked that before we moved forward with their charter—which is undergoing review by Her Grace—that a representative sample of them step forward and, in view of representatives of the Ducal and Baronial Courts, swear fealty to their new home, the Kingdom of Acarthia.

Each person chose their own words well. This group is viewed to speak for Scions of Valarion as a whole, all of whom—exempting only Parzivel Eisenhal, who must swear separately—henceforth should be considered as full citizens of Acarthia.

Any individual member of the Scions of Valarion who wishes to make a similar oath in person may do so before Her Grace at any Open Court or may arrange for a more private swearing via correspondence.

Signed by my hand on the 9th of May in the 415th year of the Age of Chivalry.

In Service to Her Grace and Acarthia,

Sir Victor Blasdel
High Lord Sheriff
Acarthia, Acarthia

Back