Site Cleanup Report for May

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Heya everyone,

Usually I come on here, and I get enthusiastic about being the bearer of good news. Changes to our game and our community that build us up and make us even more excited about this hobby we play. Unfortunately today is one of those days that I have to bring some bad news.

This last event, we (Jesse and I) were contacted by the Girl Scouts after the fact. While on mod day and April we cleaned the site pretty throughly, last game they had to come back and do 16 hours of site cleanup. While we don't have a final bill for them, it has cost us at least our $300 deposit and probably more after that. We are waiting to get that final bill.

So what ended up being wrong? There was a bunch of little things. I'm contacting players that stayed in a few cabins with specifics over the day of things that they didn't clean (and no, I'm not publicly posting that list, no need to shame anyone). There were somethings that Jesse and I just didn't think to clean (like the town hall bathrooms). There was also a few points on the report that Jesse is going back to the Girl Scouts to discuss with them as we didn't know we were responsible for the issues.

What does this mean going forth?

First, if anyone wants to donate to help cover the deposit that we lost (and the new higher deposit), especially those in the cabins that had issues, we would appreciate it. We aren't forcing anyone, but I did have a few people ask me about it, so I wanted to put it out there. I myself am going to chip in for some of the issues that came up in cabin 1. I'll probably post something about this once we get the final bill.

Second, we are going to have to be better about this for the month of June. To begin with, this weekend I didn't do a walkthrough of the cabins like I did for mod day and April. Jesse is going to do a final walkthrough of the general areas, I am going to handle the six cabins at the end of game. It also means that we are going to have to ask for more help cleaning up some of the general areas. I'm going to try and put together a checklist of what needs to be done at closing so we can get volunteers. If you do volunteer to help cleanup a general area, you will get GS! I promise to reward you with it (though you may need to remind me). If you see someone in your cabin jump out before helping with any general cleaning, please talk to them and see if they don't mind sticking around to help. Sure sometimes we all have places to get to, in that case, volunteer to help out, or do extra cleaning the next month.

There are checklists of what needs to be cleaned as well as cleaning supplies in each of the cabins. If you are missing something, borrow from another cabin (and then return it) and let me or Jesse know so we can let the site supervisor know.

We really don't want to lose this site and have to be forced to a site that is either farther way, or has less amenities. I really don't want to be forced into a mandatory cleanup shift either. We are all mature adults that share in the love of this game and this community. I'd like to ask everyone to please help us come together and make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Thanks!

Mike Paxton

Thanks for the note, Mike. In no way do I encourage posting names of offenders, but can you give us a list of the issues that the camp cited (trash not taken out, blood of our enemies smeared in arcane symbols on the walls, etc.)? At least the ones that aren't in dispute. I think that will help all of us be more mindful of really important specifics.

Thanks,
Trace

Yep, going to work on that when I have some time. I'll make sure to post that. :) Thanks Trace!

do we have details about what sort of problems there were in the cabins and common areas, if not specifics of where?
Was it issues with leftover trash, not sweeping, bathrooms, did we leave stuff behind we were suppose to take.. or take stuff we were supposed to leave behind. That sort of thing

I would be especially interested in the list of deficiencies for cabin 1. I was one of the last out of there... since I rarely get on site in time for setup, I always try hard to ensure everything is tidy at the end. I personally mopped everywhere including both the gender - themed bathrooms and did a walk-through / drawer check on the team sleeping rooms.
Gah! I can't even imagine what we missed in there!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Here is a list of the general cleanup tasks we did not do well.
  • Sinks cleaned out in all cabins.
  • Bathroom sinks wiped out.
  • Toilets cleaned in all bathrooms.
  • Mirrors cleaned in most cabins.
  • Dining hall bathrooms had not been cleaned/makeup all over.
  • Spot mopping in all cabins.
Right now it is looking like we are going to lose about $300 deposit and pay a new $500 deposit. For this reason, if anyone wants to help kick in and cover some of this, I'll be upping the cash donation amount to 5:1 until the next event. Even if you have a dollar or two, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

If anyone wishes to donate, you can send it via paypal to owner@AllianceDenver.com. Just put a note in that it's for the cleanup drive.

Our cabin will have a cleaning checklist in it for the captains.
When I finish that doc I'm happy to hand it to plot so that each cabin can also have a copy.

If I get super motivated I'll laminate them :p

You rock Juliet!

Back