Small poll/questions

Sarah

Now that the dust has settled from the event, I have a couple questions for the players at large.

Did you get sick after the event? (Not like food poisoning sick. Just your good old fashioned flu-y cold symptom sick.)

Did you participate in a module that took place in the barn? If yes, how many times?

I would like to see if there's any correlation between the two. Post or PM is fine.

Yes/No answers preferable.

I did not get sick after the event (a first in awhile actually)

I ran approximatly 8 mods in the barn.

I was sick before the event and better by the time it was over.

I was out at the Barn 2 or 3 times for modules

I was not sick before or after the event. I went to the barn 3 times for mods if I remember correctly.

I think a better poll would be to determine that, of those who got sick and were in the barn, when those symptoms presented themselves and what those symptoms were. Also, of the people in the barn who got sick, how many of them have pre-existing asthma conditions, etc.?

Wyldweaver said:
I was sick all weekend.... I got better once I got home. :)

Yeah, but that's just because you couldn't handle all of the warmth and sunshine in our coastal environment ;)

I wasn't sick at all, I fought in the barn at least 3-4 times, and I do have asthma-like symptoms sometimes, if not actual asthma.

Dave said:
I think a better poll would be to determine that, of those who got sick and were in the barn, when those symptoms presented themselves and what those symptoms were. Also, of the people in the barn who got sick, how many of them have pre-existing asthma conditions, etc.?

If I was looking to get us to stop using the barn at all, sure.

I'm just trying to find out if it'd be prudent to take a bucket or two of water out and spray it down a little so the dust doesn't kick up as much before having a fight out there.

Sarah said:
I'm just trying to find out if it'd be prudent to take a bucket or two of water out and spray it down a little so the dust doesn't kick up as much before having a fight out there.
No need for a poll. Just do it. So long as you're not making "sawdust soup surprise", I think people would be appreciative.

Sarah said:

I am all for that it sounds like a great idea to me!

I'm STILL sick from that and I was only in the barn for about 5 mins.

Maybe the barn makes people healthy?

I was sick after that event, but I blame it on the 10-day incubation period of the flu that was going around my office at the time. Never got closer than Monster Camp to the barn. :)

Back