"Smokers Guild"

Ronka

Hi everyone!

So, I have finally got working on a smoking section at the Faire Play site. For now it is a tent with tarps next to the silo It has some chairs and a bucket for cigarette butts. I have plans to place grave in it as well as a small table and maybe a weapon wrack.

Please if you are playing at the faire play site us this area. Keep the area clean as well. As i said I will be adding more to this area. I know its a dirty job but also make sure the bucket gets emptied by draining the water out (or most of it) and discarding the butts in a trash bag and throw it away, then refill the bucket a quarter of the way with water. It may seem like a hassle, but it keeps the bucket from catching fire and setting everything else on fire.

Enjoy the new smoking area and I look forward to seeing everyone!

-Chris

Why don't we use sand? There are some bags right to the left of the door to logistics.

I was sure what was available to use, but if you don't mind Scott I'll do that next time I'm up there. Also, there was mention of stones used for the yurt, if those can be used I will flatten the ground out more and put those over the sand.

-chris

Definitely. The stones are behind one of the upper cabins. Maybe do some stones in front of logistics where it gets all muddy too.

We took a few stones that were dug up and threw them there, but I will definitely do more Scott, thanks!

We took a few stones that were dug up and threw them there, but I will definitely do more Scott, thanks!

Sounds good I will take care of it sometime this week, if not Ill jump on it friday while were visiting

The tent completely collapsed from the elements. It's a mess. I have some ideas how to make it more sturdy and permanent. We can talk this weekend Chris.

Chris, it was brought up to me that, even while sitting in the space next to the silo, NPC camp still fills up with smoke-smell. I brought up to Scott the idea of putting the Smokers Guild on the other side of the revine/creek/dich that seperates the rock path from the small upper field, and he saw a great almost flat spot to put it. If we had more hands, and more funds, what do you think about relacation to that area?

Megan and Chris, if you guys are going to be working on this Faire Play will be glad to work on it with you. Let's talk at the next event and make some concrete plans and go from there.

Scott

You got it Scott! I am 100% go for getting an established area for the smokers that does not create a problem for everyone else!

If this is something you wish to do on a Friday of an event pending I don't have a metric ton worth of work to do I'll be glad to give you all a hand.

We do actually have a real canvas tent in storage we could use. We could put in a wooden platform and put it on top...

We just need to figure out where and level it.

That spot across the ditch, at the top of the small field that you pointed out seemed perfect.

Back