Smoker's Guild

once again to got back to my stratigic battles

also as a former smoker....when it is need one can put out or drop a smoke really really fast....like on the cat walk above the stage in high school when the princpal is coming...and the teacher next to you says " well one of us is going to get in big trouble...im not saying who, but he's the one not wearing a tie"

if the problem is that the ppl who smoke need a overhang and it need it to be away from logistics and the bathrooms then i think the best thing to do is move the room you were talking about to the other side where there is a alreaty astablished good smoking spot. you can put it on that hill just above the road, where there is nothing but dead stuff, if you leveled an area to put it ontop the hill or even put a flat down. that is the perfect place to put it cuz from that angle its not too close to moster camp to be a nucence and not to far from town to be a hastle to get to. also, from that area on top of the hill you can see just about all of fairdale and yet the placement of it will prevent a lot ambush attacks. this way the smokers can not only stay IG but can choose to be lookouts for those in the tavern.

Leara said:
if the problem is that the ppl who smoke need a overhang and it need it to be away from logistics and the bathrooms then i think the best thing to do is move the room you were talking about to the other side where there is a alreaty astablished good smoking spot. you can put it on that hill just above the road, where there is nothing but dead stuff, if you leveled an area to put it ontop the hill or even put a flat down. that is the perfect place to put it cuz from that angle its not too close to moster camp to be a nucence and not to far from town to be a hastle to get to. also, from that area on top of the hill you can see just about all of fairdale and yet the placement of it will prevent a lot ambush attacks. this way the smokers can not only stay IG but can choose to be lookouts for those in the tavern.

that might be the best solution, but we need people to show up on work weekends to help make it so!

Having been to the site, I think moving it to the far side is a good idea :D

Sounds like a good idea. I only wish I could make it up for a work weekend.

Fearless Leader said:
Leara said:

that might be the best solution, but we need people to show up on work weekends to help make it so!

i would love to come up for a work weekend i just have to see what this new job's schedule is like for me b4 i can say definatly yes or on which date. i might be able to convince 3 + ppl to come with tho if i could.

That building you are talking about does have solid walls, but the roof is cloth. Does anyone know how waterproof it is?

The current building has walls and is pretty solid. It's just small.

That building may be moved before the first event to allow for more lodging. We are still debating the best solution for the location of the Smoker's Guild.

--- Eric Stehle

I agree that the best place for the building to be moved to (if the roof is waterproof) is between the stocks and the driveway that the other guild is on. Up above the driveway level with the street that way it’s away from NPC staging area and you can get to it easily from the main farm building. That way it’s easy for both PC's and NPC's.

Leara said:

i like the idea but to play devils advocate, that is a bit unfair for npc smokers. as they have to walk all the way around the entire barn trhough the IG area. A lot of the npc's grab smokes between crunch and other events and have very little time to do it, especially those running the show. I dont smoke any more but if i still did and was npcing i think i woul dget frustrated having to continuesly move through the IG area and feel like i may be interrupting other peoples games. i think thats why so many people crowd outside logistics. not to say that the idea isnt good. It would definately be better than having the crowd infront of npc camp. But i thought i would throw out the opinion as no one seemed to have noticed it

i like the idea but to play devils advocate, that is a bit unfair for npc smokers. as they have to walk all the way around the entire barn trhough the IG area. A lot of the npc's grab smokes between crunch and other events and have very little time to do it, especially those running the show. I dont smoke any more but if i still did and was npcing i think i woul dget frustrated having to continuesly move through the IG area and feel like i may be interrupting other peoples games. i think thats why so many people crowd outside logistics. not to say that the idea isnt good. It would definately be better than having the crowd infront of npc camp. But i thought i would throw out the opinion as no one seemed to have noticed it[/quote]

Its not that har or long if you cut trough the barn along the path in the basment near the showers

Yep, there needs to be a smoking area near NPC camp, where NPCs can go OOG and out of costume and not disturb the game, and get back to NPC camp in a timely manner.

It also needs to be far enough away that smoke does not blow back into logistics and NPC camp. Nothing more fun than a wave of smoke rolling up into NPC camp for us non smokers. Yummy.

Eventually I would like to have a covered area on both the NPC side and the fence side of the barn. We'll get them sooner than later...just not for this first event.

Scott

Back