Snake Totem

Greetings adventurers,
I have obfuscated this discussion so no prying eyes or ears can know what is being said. With that I ask, is the plan still happening with letting the snake Totem die in roughly 11 days time? If so, I will send out my scouts to get a better understanding of the snake tribe's camp so we will know when and where this is happening.

I did speak to their high shaman and he informed me that he will not leave snakes side and will probably be killed with it, but he asked that we save as many snake tribesman as possible so when snake is reborn the tribe may still be whole. This is not an easy situation but it is the best one in stopping crow.

If there are any Question, concerns or even better ideas, this is the time to ask and bring them up.

High shaman of the Owl Tribe.

To my knowledge, yes, it is still the general plan to allow Snake to die.

In 11 days the adventurers gather when Lennox plans to kill Snake totem. Other things will likely be done, but regarding Snake, we will fight and get as many away safely as we can. Lennox is very strong however. We do not believe we can stop her on that day. We will fight but are ready to let snake die. This is not yet the hill to die upon. Come October, we are staging all of our forces on Turtle Island and awaiting Lennox there. In Summery, if we can stop Lennox from killing Snake Totem, great. But we live to fight another day no matter what. This is the plan to my knowledge.

-Squire Ragnarok Battle-Forged

Dolarth wishes to lend aid. Is some ables to provide some historical context. This does not scream natural order of intent. Dolarth doesn't want to break apple cart and will follow lead of those with smarts.

-Dolarth

Close, snake MUST die, there is no leeway on that. There is a cycle that Lennox is following and after snake is turtle. If we stop her from taking snake then she may rush turtle before all our forces are prepared to stop her there. We're going to make a show and see if we can get a shot at her higher ups who come for snake, try to save as many tribe members as we can, and then bail "cause we just couldn't defeat her forces."

-Squire DeSylvia

Dolarth wishes to lend aid. Is some ables to provide some historical context. This does not scream natural order of intent. Dolarth doesn't want to break apple cart and will follow lead of those with smarts.

-Dolarth

I will attempt to summarize recent events but also know that there are things that happened many years ago which have also affected how this began. I was not around then so I cannot speak to what happened. I only know what has happened recently.

The tribes of Terna divide themselves up by their ideal animal. DeSylvia and I belong to the Bear tribe for example. There is also Wolf, Elk, Crow, Turtle, Owl, and many more. More than just an idea, these animals take physical form as a paragon of that creature. This is what is called a totem. These massively powerful animals are a part of the natural order and are magical creatures that help maintain balance in Terna. In their natural state they follow a cycle of active and inactive totems as they die and are reborn. Which totem is in power and which is not waxes and wanes, much like the moon.

The recent issue is that the Crow tribe- a tribe that loves the use of necromancy- has systematically been slaughtering the other totems and absorbing and enslaving the other tribes. They do this in an attempt to put themselves into permanent power. What we discuss now is our current plans to fight back against the crow tribe. We allow Snake to die and loose the battle, our enemy charges forth heedlessly, we win the war.

-Squire Ragnarok

There may be another way. Even if we let snake die, there may be another way, I believe, to not let Lennox claim Snakes power. We sunder Snakes Mantle. Let Lennox's forces, as much as this pains me to say, kill the Totem itself. But we, or Snake's shaman, or Owl's, or whoever, hold the mantle until this thing is over with Lennox, then we put the Mantle back. This way we keep Lennox from growing in power.
I have the scroll, Lady Fallingstar agreed to cast, all we need is Snake and Snake's Shaman to agree to this.

Sir Baron Foss Fairfax

Questions... Beyond my kinds stereotypical "KILL IT CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH THE CROW..." Why not bait the crow into absorbing a mantle that is not what it seems? Infused with a healthy dose of life? Snakes are known for being tempting and cunning. Perhaps lay a trap of mutual exterminate or at least hinder how effective the crow can be. Is the totem mantle a reflection of the bearer? Would a small or weak bearer yield less power to the one taking it? Can shedding the snakes skin be an option to fight another day rather than giving ones life? A battle of attrition favors the snake over the crow in nature would such be of use in this instance?

-Dolarth Sarzig

There is a chance that I may not be able to attend this next market. If I can you will have my formal the sunder Snake's mantle. If that is the path that is chosen.

Matron FallingStar

Dolarth,
To answer your question. If this was a totem tied to life I would say yes. But Snake are sneaky and cunning as you say and I don't know of any magics that infuse a spirit with that much life energy aside from having the totem absorb a life elemental or something. The Mantle is the power the Totem holds. It is a powerful powerful magic we are going to shift from the Totem creature itself.

Lady Fallingstar,
Whatever aid you can lend will be welcomed.

Beryl has offered to donate a Cheat Death Scroll for this cause as Owl Shaman believes this will ensure the Totem Animal safe passage through the circle.

So we cast Cheat Death on the Snake Totem and Snake Shaman, then sunder mantle on the Totem and place it in someone or something for a short stay.
Let the fight happen, save as many Snake Tribesmen as we can.
Take out as many as crow as we can.
Get out.
Resurrect Snake and Snake Shaman.
Send them to turtle island to await the final battle against crow.

Not necessarily easy, but it's a plan.

Sir Baron Foss Fairfax

This is a good plan. I don't know how the magics of the Totems interact with Mantles. I thought that Mantles were only held by Fae. But you know more about this than I Foss and if Owl Shaman say it can be done then it is good idea. Of it is done though we must have Snake totem and high Snake shaman promise to come to Turtle island. We cannot risk Lennox changing her plans and another Totem and another tribe only strengthens our odds of winning. This is becoming a very good plan.

-Squire Raganrok

I will be there as well. I will reserve a good portion of my High Magic in case it is needed to assist.

~Aramis Seablade

Sir Baron Foss Fairfax,
Do we know what type of formal magic is need for the Sunder Mantel, is there a catalyst and what reagent are need? I know we will need an earth caster for the Cheat Death.
Aramis Seablade

The Scroll I-believe is of General Nature and theCatalyst for this particular scroll is The Fang of the First Were, which the Baron has.

Binks

The Catalyst is a piece of the Snake Totem itself. I believe the ritual is general. I'll have to check my notes once I'm back at the keep. I should have all the reagents for the Sunder Mantle as well.

Baron Foss

Sir Baron Foss Fairfax and Binks
Thank you for the clarity.
Aramis Seablade

Back