Some Concerns.

As part of my review I was going to includ this at the end but felt that it needed a topic all of its own.

As a note, I want it noted that there have been some rumors going around about the upper management of Alliance Calgary. Some of these rumors could be true and some could not be. I believe that it is important for all of us to know. There have also been concerns, that I have heard, about the choices and attitiudes of some individuals in Alliance Calgary. I would like to address some of these hear so that evey one may have there say and input read.

Some of the rumors are that both JP and Andy have left the game. Is this true?

Has Andreas also left the game? There was a post on some ones facbook about having to to write this weekends events one week away, or somthing like that and it is a little confusing as to what is going on.

There have also been rumors that Danny and James and Anne and Chris are not coming back. This I can confirm As i have talked to all of them.

As for the rumors about me leaving, well i dont know. I dont want to stir any kettels or get in to forum fight, but one of the reasons that im considering leaving is because this is starting to look like what happened up in Edmonton. Now i know that Calgary is new, and the first year is almost over and thier have been some kinks and bumps, but I and some others can see that Calgary might be going the way of Edmonoton. I for one dont want to see that happen and I have never wanted to leave but these concerns are valid and are part and parcel to my choice. I bring them up now because its the end of the weekending season, and I want Plot and Log to know that these concerns can be seen by its Players.

I leave this topic open for comments, and hope that people will address these rumors and concerns.

Hey everyone,

I have voiced concerns with Dayna and a few other players about a lot of things from the banning of certain weapons and my tabard to my concern over some of the npc's i love playing with not coming anymore (JP, Andy and Andreas) and told him that i would probably not play.
Things have come up personally over the last few games and i have not been able to make it but i have decided not to quit Alliance and will be back at next game (then im off to cuba the next day).
But i can not speak for James, Chris or Anne.

Honestly, I can see why communication is paramount with games. Rumours make mountains out of mole hills. People's decisions on based on what they have been told, what they think might be, or just out of frustration with saying something without sleeping on it...

And on that last point, no one ever gets enough sleep on our weekend events! :) Which makes most people make bad decisions, and grumpy actions...

I digress though.. I agree, I would like people to be more open and honest with each other.. Would it be bad to lose JP, Andreas, Andy, Tracy, Danny, James, Anne, Chris (To name the people pointed out)... YES. However, I would rather there be a statement saying such things.

I am a player of this game, and I plan to remain so as long as I feel welcome and can afford the time to do so... YOU PEOPLE are important to me... I am very frank in admitting this. I like being around you guys, you make me feel good and I have the honour of being your friend... with that in mind, the thought of losing you does frighten me a little.. but at least be honest with me.. Please try other options, but if in the end you cannot do this game anymore, please just tell me (and all of us) outright.. I won't be mad if you have your reasons, but I would rather fix a problem then walk away from it.. I don't want to find out third hand that you left game because of "Random reason X".. it's not fitting to say goodbye through 3rd party rumours..

Dayna is right though, I do have respect enough to tell people of my situation.. (I have posted very frankly my situations and hopeful future plans..) I really would like to have the curtesy of knowing what's going on.. what hardships are being brunted.. who is hurt or needs times... and who we have lost. I may not be entitled to it.. but I would rather know then speculate...

Assumptions are worse then disappointment.

Thanks for reading.

I know nothing of anyone quitting. I do know that J.P. and Andy have mentioned they would not be there before last event, and that Andreas and Tracy had plans to leave on Sunday - all because of Thanksgiving/Family reasons.

Nothing to say to the rumours (that I didn't hear), just sayin' it WAS Thanksgiving long weekend and some people had other plans.

I have voiced concerns with Dayna and a few other players about a lot of things from the banning of certain weapons and my tabard

I feel *awful* about the tabbard thing! That whole thing started because I had posted a picture of me in costume that you were also in and it spiralled from there. I wish I hadn't posted the picture - 'cause then it would never have happened (probably)

or just out of frustration with saying something without sleeping on it...

If people are frustrated for any reason - do talk to Shauna! Seriously! Due to some of my personality 'quircks' I tend to take things way to hard/personally and Shauna's been a great help when I over-obsess over stuff. There's no reason to get all frustrated and be unheard since she started customer service role.

I would not speak for JP or Andreas. Rest assured that even if both of them were to leave it would not be the end of the Alliance. We have very dedicated players, NPCs and staff that would pull together to fill any voids.

JP told me over a month in advance that he could not make the October event (hence why we had the king disappear in September) and Andreas and Tracy requested the time off as well, albeit in short notice, but family always comes first.

Personally, I have a lot invested in the LARP, both financially and emotionally. I love projects that bring people together, it was and is one of the primary "goals" of my store. Players have invested a lot as well, both in time, and real money and I would never see all the hard work just vanish. We have already booked our event dates for 2013 and are still actively looking to purchase property to call our own, that we can build what we want with no restrictions and just our imaginations (and funds!). I would not be even considering this if I were not serious about continuing this LARP.

Rest assured that no matter what, we will continue to work hard to bring you some compelling stories, fun RP and happy dancing Gnolls that just want to eat your faces!!

This is great news, and im glad, cause it cleared up stuff for every one. glad we are all now on the same page. :D

Aengus Óg said:
This is great news, and im glad, cause it cleared up stuff for every one. glad we are all now on the same page. :D

Sometimes I wish forums were more like Google+. I +1 this comment (and Cory's) because I wholeheartedly agree. People's situations and needs change and there are ways to make things work even if a few people who are perceived as 'key' have other priorities than LARPing. Also, while I'm hesitant about rumours and speculation - Cory's affirmation that the chapter WILL continue even if they are true are reassuring.

Hey all,

Just to put everyone at ease (and to stop rumour mills going around, I despise that):

Tracy and I were not at this last weekend event because we've had some family emergencies to deal with, and are still in the process of dealing with. Yes, it was a last-minute decision, that in hindsight worked out for the best. I finished writing the details of some encounters that I was working on and submitted them to Cory the Wednesday before, and then bowed out after that.

A huge THANK YOU goes out to Abbey, Shauna, Cory and the rest of the NPC/Staff team, as they filled in the blanks where they could to make the weekend happen!

We have some really great people in the Alliance, both Players and NPC/Staff, so the game will continue whether some peeps can make it out to events or not. :thumbsup: For me, currently I am still writing in the background when I can, but otherwise have been pulled away by Real Life. I honestly don't have a time frame of how long the hiatus will be, but will be in the loop and coming back when I am able to.

Thanks all.

Dang nab it, I really did want to make and support this event!

The problem is I am REALLY GOOD in the line of work I am in, and they pay pretty high bucks for that. That sadly means when they offer "all expenses paid and flight" for three weeks for advanced training as a further investment in you...le sigh. You start to curse and swear and mutter the whole way about how "Maybe next time I shouldn't be such a superstar..." :whaa:

This means I ended up missing an Epic Weekend, a Regt. reunion, an Epic bloodbowl tournament that I've only missed once before in its entire history...(yep, I gots some weird hobbies here and there. :funny: ) oh and a beloved set of friend's wedding too as a kicker as they want to fly me back the next day and not the evening. :|

SOOOOO not happy here. Okay maybe a little happy as evidently I "present well"...and a bit more happy as the Southern Belles like a man who wears a kilt REALLY well. (Maybe Aengus and Hammish are onto something? :shock: )

We will work hard to make the time to be there. And yes I am touched that you allowed the Overunit (Tess aka Laurie aka (>insert what plot had her up to in NPC camp here<) ) to unwind and have fun too. You got to be real family for her while I was gone. That does mean a lot.

We love the hobby, we love the people! Hamster loves for EVERYONE!!!! :whistle:

Back