Something is off...

The thunderstorm last night was much stronger than I've remembered one in years.... flashing lightning everywhere It was very unnerving.... Is everyone ok?

This is the third such storm this month and they are stronger in nature than other nights, the mists are behaving oddly and my oven keeps going on and off without cause.

The river's frozen and thawed 2 or three times overnight... were used to harsh climes but something is happening.... anyone have a clue?

Jara the tavern keeper.

It is obviously the Fae, I do not know why the good people of Wayside have not risen against them, expel the brothers and I am certain such strange happenings would cease.

Lurin, Eternal Archduke of Wayside.

This is not our doing, and is outside our area. And Lurin, we are not FAE. I am an elf and proud of it.

Thorne
Knight of Stone

Thunderstorm Jara?

Maybe I can investigate? Tell me all about it.

Elle
Lightning Squire

Hmm So this must be what Thaw was talking about. Elle I dont think you have much to worry about if What i think is going on is going on.

Cazik, perhaps you would like to enlighten us? Perhaps it is merely the seasons realigning themselves after being forced into recession or exploited beyond there normal means.

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Standard Bearer to the Order of the Earthen Fist.

No last night was not normal... a chilling mist fell on the town around sunset, normally I wouldnt make much of it think as it was but I was helping Anya with a small cut, Biatas and cheese graters dont mix apperantly, and my healing magics stopped working entirely. Their back and strong as ever but im telling you something is amiss.

Jara

There is a -- "realignment" of magics happening right now. The reasons are far borne and complicated, but it is not something to be frightened of, per se. Though the great Spring Floods are a danger in the moment, they also bring the fertile mountain loam which births a new crop. This maelstrom of magic is the herald of a coming shift in the world.

As with all change, there will be some danger; keep your family close, your loved ones in arm's reach and all will be a'right. I believe this coming endweek will mark the high point in this shift. I suggest all who can seek protection within Wards, Circles, and the like, keep safe for the entire Market Day. I will be hosting as many as the University can hold over the endweek and will provide a protective Ward. Please, contact me if you don't feel safe in your own homes or if you wish to know more of what I have learned.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I See things only in flashes, and much of it is contradictory so I'm not certain which course shall be best.

But there is an overwhelming Shadow over all I See of death. I encourage everyone to go nowhere alone for a while until these things settle, or at least show themselves fully. There is something lurking at the fringes, and I suspect it shall use this confusion as a shroud to help mask its larger machinations.

Only by sticking together, by being united, will we all come out of this in tact. This is something I am certain of.

Beyond that... I -- I wish not to speak of it further.

Elysia, one of these days you're going to have a vision of a halcyon field woven with wildflowers, chirruping birds, and the beauty of the Earth - it will be a comforting and happy vision, one which foretells longevity and comfort for you and your loved ones. And, I do believe, in that moment you will die of shock. ;)

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I have them, sometimes.

Mostly they're so cryptic I don't understand them. But I do have them; flashes of happy faces, bright sunny days, joyful and healthy children.

Occasionally, they're even about you. ;)

Anyhow, the day I have a clear and halcyon vision of a eutopic and blissful outcome will be the day you can stop haunting my doorframe threatening me with sleep elixirs with that lopsided smirk of yours, for I am certain my slumbers will be quiet and serene and therefore quite happy to enfold me entirely, rather than rebuke me as they do so often of late.

If people would just stop being bad, evil, and otherwise terrible -- and if the weather would be good, and help the crops -- and if townsfolk stopped hurting themselves while working -- and if children didn't play too hard and get scrapes and bumps...

Well, I'd be out of a job. ;) So really, I don't mind. I only wish there was less of all of it at once is all.

A few moment's respite for those who work and try so hard with so little fruition. For those who are unabashedly good in the face of ill. For those who've had their joy interrupted by woe and sorrow. Pleasure traded for pain.

That's all. That's my wish.

Things, did seem strangly different while I traveled to Prath Moore. My items were harder to use, and my spells felt funny... I wonder if that is happening all over Fortannis. Any word of strange feelings like this from Valdanis?

Elle

I would not be suprised if the reallignment is happing all over. These things have happened before. Mathis and Ractor used to tell me stories about how Ward changed and the spell Doom. Now is a bad time to pratice formal magics. I just hope that we can keep with with this storm, if not; ill will be sure to follow.

Liddia

Back