SOMN Check-in procedure

sparrowmask

Starting November 1st we will be instilling a new check-in policy. This is to help things run more smoothly and efficiently.

We will have three stations. You will check-in in the following order. First the check-in table, second the rep check table, and third the logistics table.

Check-in:

Pay for your game and any expired memberships.
Turn in any donations to get credit.
Sign any expired waivers.

Rep check:

Get your weapons checked.
Get any new armor rated.
Get your spellbooks checked.
Get all MI's and their tags checked.

Logistics:

Get your character card.
Get you coin for CO's.
Spend your production.

Over the next couple events we will give some leniency, and fix magic item rep's that do not have rep numbers attached or dremeled as well as replace lost or damaged tags. Starting in 2013 any magic items that do not have an attached rep number and matching tag will be disallowed for the game. Although lost or destroyed MI tags will be available to be reprinted for a small gobble stamp fee(see 2013 pick list when posted).

I have a question regarding MI rep numbers. How should reps be marked if they can't easily be inscribed with the dremel? For instance, I have a small clay vial (which I'm not sure can be dremeled without breaking it) and a hammer boffer. Is it acceptable to just have the tag attached to the rep in the case of weapons?

You have a couple of options if you can't dremel the MI number on it. You can either attach the tag, put a sticker on it with the number, or simply write it on the item itself with a permanent marker. Really as long as you find a way to put the number on it your good to go.

Generally for 'magic weapons' you put the 'item number' on the IG item tag, which can then be switched out to accommodate different reps as padded weapons wear out.

Alright, I'll be the first one to ask :D

Can I man one of the stations to try and help you guys move through the process faster so you don't have 1 person doing 3-4 things?

I would love to train more people up as weapons/rules/ritual marshals. But that in particular is not an 'easy' skill if you will.

I'll take the rules marshal training. May as well... Although I'd never be able to pass the Weapon inspecting and armor inspecting...

You can count on me to help run the rep check. I took Friday off so I'll be at the castle as soon as it's open.

Related question:

What time exactly is the site going to be open? I'd like to be there right at the start.

Site opens at 6 pm. ^.^

Sorry I was delayed, heading out now, should be there around 7 PM.

Back