SoMN Work Weekend, Pre-reg and Plan

Lurin

Duke
So for those in the know we have a work weekend coming up on June 17th-19th and folks have been wanting some details.

First - Cost - Hey it's free labor right? Surely we wouldn't charge for that, even if you are getting fed? Yep you are right there is obviously no cost to attend!

Food? - Blue Warrior Hungry? No problem, we'll be providing food with the current plan assuming we have the moderate turn out we expect (20 or less folks) - See list at the bottom of this post!

Is there experience/build for this? - Alas! there is not

Well...what do I get then? Attendees will be credited 20 goblins per hour of attendance/effort, plus a 50 goblin "bonus" per night if you sleep on site to help maximize time. If you make it out for at least 8 hours you'll get a free Gift package coupon for any of the remaining 2016 events!

That's it? - Nope! We've also set aside 3 Mystery prizes that will be raffled. Attendees will get one electronic "ticket" per hour attended. This drawing will be done digitally by a bound order elemental (I hear that's a thing now)

What are we up to? - Great Question here is the current list of planned activities in their rough order. (May be updated as the day gets closer.

Friday Night - Arrival, Organization, easy prep work

- Full cleaning on monster camp room main room
- Pulling, organizing and washing 100% of all monster camp costuming
- Preparing/beginning stations for Packet Creation, Loot representation creation
- Sorting Weapons for repair/strip down.

Saturday

- Continuation of Friday
- Repair of down stairs light outlets
- Construction of Monster Camp Weapon Racks
- Weapons Repair Workshop/effort
- Reorganization of upstairs monster camp, items under the stairs, and Logistics
- Path/play area clearing.

Sunday

- Deep cleaning/vacuuming of all areas
- Cleaning of repaired shower, upstairs shower/bath
- Raffle, Reward entry into database, copious thank yous.

Food plans (currently)

Friday Night - Pizzas, Soda, Drinks

Saturday Morning - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Toast.

Saturday Afternoon - Sandwiches and the like

Saturday Evening - Burgers and Hot Dogs with Chips

Sunday - Left overs/uncooked items of the above.

Snacks - Plenty of Fruit options (Apples Bananas etc.) available through out the day

Last edited:
Donation Needs/Desires

- Reagent Component reps (For gluing on sticks)
- Fabric for Spell Packets
- Blue Fabric for Arrow Packets
- Orange Fabric for Alchemy Packets
- Bird Seed and rubber bands for packets

<additional items to be added as we finalize plans/needs>

Registered attendees (please just post in the subject to pre-reg

1.) Dave G.
2.) Josh C.
3.) Alexander T.
4.) Stephen R. +Chainsaw
5.) Jenn S.
6.) Andrea R.
7.) John M.
8.) Jeremy M.
9.) Amy M.
10.) Greg L.
11.) Patrick L.

Last edited:
Adding that to the schedule, so far it's a lot of work for two guys, but at least we'll have all sorts of food!

I'ma be there, too.

Will there be mods and other fun stuff

There will not be any modules or in game activities. However we always endeavor to have some fun stuff and contests while we have people on site.

I've got a (hopefully) decent plan for a weapons rack and am working on a materials list to go with it. I was thinking of using carpet on/for the shelving to reduce the pressure on the weapon reps.

I was wondering if, and hoping that, some of you folks might have some spare carpeting or remnants laying around. If anyone has anything to spare it would save us a few bucks.

Drop me a line and let me know.

Thanks,
Josh C

I've got a decent chunk of carpet down stairs from redoing the basement, it's nice and fluffy, I'll make sure to pack it.

I'll be there for Friday and most of Saturday

I'll also be there Friday through early afternoon Sat.

Jeremy and I can be there Friday to Saturday evening.
Amy

Want me to bring my sewing machine for mending? And will we need new bins or labeling machine for accessories? etc?

A Labeling machine would be great and helpful. I'm not sure about the sewing machine, but I'd say bring it (and some thread) as I'm sure we'll find opportunities to use it for some mending.

As to bins, we actually have TOO MANY bins at site and one of the goals of the weekend is to toss the least resilient of them, as we've been adding to our binds for 8 years or so and have more than we need, But that should balance with the fact that some are showing their age.

We're good on big bins (assuming they all aren't in as bad of condition as I know a few of them are in), but if folks have any 6-quart plastic bins, having some of those for keeping small props organized and whatnot wouldn't go amiss.

Similarly, a bunch of sandwich size ziploc bags (and perhaps those half-sized ones) would be incredible, if anyone has some to bring.

Our racial prosthetics bin and extraordinary number of free-roaming little glass blobs have gotten out of hand, and I intend to do something about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom