((sound of Natalia screaming))

Sir Ignatious,

Thank you. And I believe you are correct in that we will likely see a push to make dominates illegal now. My only hesitancy in jumping right in with them is that they can also be used by our own alchemists at range to return a person to their right mind should they be taken. As distasteful as that may be to some, I can't imagine they would prefer to be forced into casting necromancy rather than dominated a second time in order to be released.

Natalia,

My dear friend. My duties unfortunately keep me from being at your side in the coming days but a courier is already on his way with some things I think you will find helpful. You are far too skilled of a battle healer for us to lose. Might I also suggest that, since you will not be memorizing any curing at fourth circle, that you instead memorize several Awaken spells? I will speak on this further with you in private.

Natalia,

I sleep long and drift far away for large bits of time it seems...yet upon this occasion I return my eye here and this is what I see. Well, you might recall when last I am into town a certain conversation we had. A certain hand of friendship I extended. Perhaps think of that as you decide whether or not to consider what I would tell you. All power cuts two ways. Every decision carries an action and a reaction. Simple truths, terrifyingly profound for those of us who possess so very much. Many things change our course. A Charming magic or a charming word. A broken arm or a broken heart. Your hurt is in the heart and anger wells up to meet that hurt. It is inevitible, it is "human".

We could have a great and long discussion about the wisdom of how individuals use their abilities...the magics they choose to hold, the training they choose to seek. In the end it is choice. I can tell you all this...if you ever make the use of such magics illegal do you believe that those forces of evil will care? Or rather might more people think there is less of it in this world and thus prepare less to combat its presence? I am not arguing about such magics being good or ill, I am simply stating they exist, and it falls to us...to you...to be ever prepared to combat them.

You see Natalia, you may consider yourself to be no hero. The fact that I know wrong will of course no convince you. Still look around those you surround yourself with. You are on that front line. The fact that your heart feels still so free of those burdens has been ever a miracle and a thing to be celebrated. Yet we all change. Just remember, even as you speak of Gypsy rage...you can either let it drive you or let it control you. If you let it control you...well just how much of a better place than the one that set you on this path will you have arrived at then.

I will tell each and every one of you here that there are a great number of you I care nothing for. My innocence and unbridled good will are long gone. Still...I draw my blade and spell in defense of each of you upon the field of battle, even those whom I loathe automatically because it is my nature. So I will tell you all this...in this dangerous life you all lead, you watch over each other because its what you do, or you cause suffering. That is truth.

And Natalia, I simply wish I was able to say all this to you in person instead of before so many. I can not. My duties with the Armies keep me. And Dreams can be cruel task masters. Still...consider both edges of whatever proverbial sword you grab hold of. I for one look forward to seeing you again in the coming months and sharing a drink and what ever smiles or laughter as two battered souls may share.

Simon Neville

Sir Ignatious Skippio Vex,

I am a baker and quite confident that my customers care little for the color of my tongue. You mention that the past is irrelevant but surely that is not directed at me? I believe I am the one arguing that past observations are irrelevant, after all.

Ezri,

Since you seem to be ignoring all of my questions I see little reason to begin answering your flawed questions. Perhaps I'll return to my meat bread.

May all your teeth be gold,
Moon Silvertongue

Goodman Silvertongue

You have my apologies then. I was quite certain that your profession was that of a Barrister. Allow me to make it up to you by purchasing some your fine goods for my men; when next we meet. I hope you understand that I meant you no I'll-will.

I wish you fortune in your trade and your travels.
Sir Ignatious

You are very gracious Sir Ignatious and I look forward to our first meeting.

May your sideburns be braided with golden thread,
Moon Silvertongue

Woe this frigging conversation is all over the fuggin place. Look people the important thing here is Natalia.

Natalia,
What we do is dangerous. We take the risks others can't or wont to goprotect those who can't protect themselves. We are the ones who dance on the finevline between life and death every time we step forward to make a difference. The risks have always been there in some form and its crappy when we hit the realization we ourselves can be fouled. Whether its the warrior driven berserk by a spell and falling his comrades, the charmed rogue who strikes a target for the enemy or even the healer who casts a spell If harm under the influence of a sinister power. Natalia you have known these risks. Maybe ya havent admitted them but you've known. As you admit them to yourself its a rough damn thing. But your made of stern drought. Hells bells even with.child you were on the field of battle. You did that cause you know you can rely on your fellows and your own resources to keep things safe. You still can. This whole things a realization of what ya already knew. Now ya have to realize that the dangers Malaysia been there and you have always triumphed over it. Natalia you dance on that line so others don't have to...that makes you a hero. When your in fairdale next take the time to look around. See the children playing. Look at the people meet them... know their names and tell yourself those are the reasons ya do what ya do. To them no matter what your always a hero. Are they worth it? Is a better and safer world for yer child worth it? Well crap in a hat woman.. I bet ya said yes and I bet yer strong enough to deal with this and still make the right choices.

Glory and honor,
Grim

Goodman Silvertongue,

I was not attempting to avoid your questions - my apologies if my answers were not clear.

In regards to my "proof" there have been eyewitness reports coming in for over a week now, and from sources that I have never known to be rumormongers or otherwise unreliable people. Have I seen it with my own eyes? No, and frankly I hope I never do, though being an adventurer and a squire and facing these abominations, I fear I will not be so lucky.

As to what I do when nobody is looking, I hardly find that a relevant question but I assure you it does not include casting necromancy. But I have seen others cast necromancy when they either thought nobody would notice, or perhaps thought they were in company that would not report their actions to the authorities - and in those cases there was no magical compulsion whatsoever. Being berserked and losing your inhibitions about whom you are attacking could logically also lead you to forget that you are currently in a situation where casting necromancy would be a hazard to your life expectancy.

I might be misunderstanding you though - earlier you said that you had seen some people cast necromancy while berserked, and others not, and now you state that everyone you had seen did cast it - am I misunderstanding, or did your memory somehow correct itself through the conversation?

"Sir Symerille

What are the laws in your Kingdom? Surely necromancers find themselves on the sharp end of a Magistrates blade in Arandin. Is justice meted out any differently across the mists? Is your concern for both of our lands?

"Rock of Trellheim"
Sir Ignatious Skippio Vex"

I am concerned for any innocent who is forced to do something that is illegal against their will. My concern is for all lands Sir Ignatious, and I appreciate you allowing me to discuss this with you. I would enjoy discussing this further upon my return to Fairsdale. I am currently on assignemt and will not be able to travel within the next few days. I hope I can complete my assignment within the next moon and have leave to travel then. May the stars protect you and guide you.
Sir Sym

*waves* heya Sym!!

Natalia,

Undead and other vile creatures have always been able to force their will and make one cast Necromancy. Now , it seems, it is simply easier for them to do. You stood against them in the past and fear rid not make you refuse to heal. Now, more so than before, all those capable of facing the threat are needed. Do not let yourself be tainted by fear. Stand now as I have seen you do in the past. Stay close to me when we share a battlefield and I will intercept the controlling magic before they reach you.

Telokh the Wyss

Back