Space for a Merchant.....

BriteMoore

Greetings to all sentients!

I am Timothy BrightMoore, a traveling merchant from across the mists soon to be in the Wayside region. I would like to arrange for a space for myself, my traveling companions, and- of course- our merchant wares. Ideally, this space should be in the center of town (perhaps a side room in the Tavern, or some such?), and one that is easily protected and defended. I am willing to pay fair coin for the rental of such a space, as well as the casting of a "Ward" enchantment upon it. Lacking a secure space, I would then ask who might have bunk space available for rent or barter- for at least myself and one other (possibly more).

Also, as I am new to these lands, I would ask that a legal representative from the region contact me regarding local taxation and levies. For the general public, a short list of goods I am bringing include:

-tapestries and banners, to decorate one's home
-leather goods (such as pouches, belts, weapon hangers, etc)
-cloaks, dresses, tunics and general garb (for those who wish to be both warm and well attired)
-a small selection of alchemy and potions
-general "adventurers" gear (for locksmiths and others)
-a variety of weaponry, from melee to ranged
-a variety of armours, from the scholarly to the heavily "Tanked"
-an assortment of feast gear
- and more...

Also, as I am a Smith of some small skill, if someone is needing any armour or weapons crafted for this gathering, I may be able to provide such- assuming you contact me in advance (before my skills and/or supplies are depleted). I am capable of silvering weapons, but sadly cannot strengthen them at this time- nor do I have any in stock to sell. My apologies for any inconveniences caused by such.

For most goods, I accept payment either in local coin or acceptable barter. Certain items, however, require special needs and these will either have to be provided, or I can provide a limited amount for suitable re-compensation (for instance, Silvered weapons).

Finally, if someone from the local garrison might contact me regarding any needs they have, the town guard will, of course, have first crack at my services! The safety of all locals depends upon a well-equipped force, and I am happy to provide whatever they may need for such! I understand you have some sort of "undead" problem in the region....

Looking forward to seeing many new faces this coming market day, and getting to make new friends. Travel safely, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Strength and Honour,
Timothy BrightMoore.

PS- to aid those in finding me, who I have never met, it should be noted that I am a human male with a preference for a red and black color combination. Also, my wagon and goods can be identified by a banner with a black "Jackal" silhouette on a red field. Thank you one and all- TB.

I for one will look forward to seeing you wares Mr.Brightmore, especially in the matter of tapestries and banners for my traveling camp, its rather sparse at the moment.

Regards - Enan Bluewater

Mr Brightmore,

Briarpass is a bit short on secured space. Our tavern has one such room but I believe it has already been rented out. I will confer with the tavern owner and confirm whether or not there is something we can do for you under the circumstances. Regardless I am certain we can manage to find you and yours some space to sleep and someone to cast a ward for you.

We will talk again soon.
-Kyrie

Mista Timothy, if ya be need'n a place tah stay i be sure dhat dhere am be a spot near me an' mah friend' but I must insist dhat ya not be use'n any Wards if ya be choose'n our company fo ya time here. I am neva slept in a Ward in mah times tah Wayside an still 'ave all mah skin an dhings tah prove it...dho whit ya wares an' such I can undastand dhat ya be want'n one.

If ya got any sky magic scroll fo us'n in battle, not dha rituals, dhen I be more dhan 'appy tah trade whit ya.

-Hengin

As I approach the town, it occurs to me I've not heard from the good people running the local tavern regarding the one side room the tavern seems to have. I've heard from a GoodWoman/Guildmember Kyrie (pardon my ignorance in how to address you, please) regarding her suspicions on it's availability, but nothing from the ones who will be running it. I have also had a generous offer from a Goodman Hengin (again, my apologies on how to address those I've never met) on sleeping arrangements, but I am obviously more concerned with where to secure my goods. Therefore, I would like to politely ask once again for some contact or direct information on IF it is still available, and how much it may be, so I can make plans on where I will be setting up once I arrive (which may be late at night- my wagon travels slower than expected in these lands). I greatly appreciate any help in this endeavor.

Until the Gathering, be well and travel safely!

Timothy BrightMoore

To those sentients who are able to hear my thoughts-

A curse upon the roads of this land! My wagon has thrown a wheel, and I am far enough from town to be unable to reach the gathering before it ends. My associates and I are making camp the best we can, in case of undead or other unwanted visitors, so we should be safe with a defensible palisade around us (plus or minus a few surprises)- So don't worry about our safety. My apologies and thanks to those kind individuals who made our accommodation arrangements- I shall remember your kindness when next I return to your lands (or, if we should meet in other lands, remind me and I shall give you your reward there). My best wishes to all that you conquer your foes and lose not a friend to those you face! In the words of my mercenary father and his Unit:

Blade's Sharp and Sword's Strong!

Sincerely,

Timothy BrightMoore

Back