Spell packet size

Harlock

I was looking in the rule book for what size a spell packet needs to be and I am not finding any rule on it. I know that the amount of seeds can not exceed the volume of a film container. But there is no mention on the minimum nor maximum size of the cloth. Can someone clearify?

Kevin R.

I generally cut 6" by 6" squares of cloth roughly. So like if they are 5 by 5 or 7 by 7 because of sloppy cutting its usually not a big deal. But that gives you a pretty good standard size.

See, I have the opposite problem Robb... if the tails aren't big enough I have a hard time holding on to them. *shrug*

Ezri said:
See, I have the opposite problem Robb... if the tails aren't big enough I have a hard time holding on to them. *shrug*

I'm the same way Michelle. I am trying to hold 20-30packets in one hand with a shield...

I recently played in a game that used the corn starch/tissue paper packets. My character was so disgusted with something that he did that the took his entire colliflower hand o' packets and threw them into a nearby fire. And I got to see a small scale demonstration as to why corn silos explode. OOPS!

Now, to make a spell packet the size of a 45RPM record... yay!

Haha that's awesome! Well...in the no one got hurt and nothing caught on fire sense :)

Fearless Leader said:
jpariury said:
I miss cornstarch tissue packets. They made such neat poofs when you hit.

And it was kind of hard to argue that you hadn't been hit by a spell. But they were hell to clean up after!

Yellow cake frosting works just as well. :)

~Joe

Morai said:
Fearless Leader said:
jpariury said:
I miss cornstarch tissue packets. They made such neat poofs when you hit.

And it was kind of hard to argue that you hadn't been hit by a spell. But they were hell to clean up after!

Yellow cake frosting works just as well. :)

~Joe

Indeed. :lol:

Mmm frosting. That might make me jump in front of packets intentionally. Such a delicious death spell mmmmm.

A packet will be the correct size if you use a 1 tablespoon measure and put a slightly heaping teaspoon of birdseed into your packet.

I use a number 5 embroidery hoop to cut out circles for my packet making which loads up well and makes for neat tails on the packet that are easy to hold and fly truer than square cut packets.

-Seth

Another thing that works nicely if any of you are into Games Workshop or use their pants, a mixing pot (or emptied paint pot) works very well as a scoop and has the right amount of birdseed to make a good packet.

Back