Spell Strikes?

Lycose

Scholar
It is a weapon attack correct? Then it can be parried and/or riposted?

No. A Spellstrike is a Spell attack that is delivered via weapon. For all intents and purposes, it is basically a spell with a really big packet. Just like with a spell, if it hits your weapon, then you take the effect, even if you use a Parry or Riposte.

What if someone near you parries a spellstrike that hit you. Does the person that attempted the parry take the effect, or the person that was initially hit? Or can a parry/riposte not be used at all?

The exception being if you have a spell parry ritual on your weapon, in which case you may use one of your unused parries to parry a spell.

Alavatar;18488 said:
What if someone near you parries a spellstrike that hit you. Does the person that attempted the parry take the effect, or the person that was initially hit? Or can a parry/riposte not be used at all?

A spell strike may not be parried except in the above instance. The spell would still hit the intended target.

well the book says "physical weapon attack". It is a physical weapon attack.. yet if you would parry or riposte it, it would hit your weapon. Therefor my thought was then that maybe you could block it for someone else and take it.

According to the book, if you Parry a Spellstrike, you take the spell (unless you then call a protective). You may call "Parry, Spell Sheild". However, for some reason, you may not use a Spell Parry to Parry a spell meant for someone else. (See this thread.)

Spell Strike is not a physical weapon attack. It is a weapon delivered spell effect.

Matt is right. God the rulebook sucks.

Thank you matt, sorry to cause all the chaos.. lol.. ill check Nero HQ first next time..

No problem, it's a weird rule.
Also, the second link I made is fuxxored, and I can't edit it now. Use the first one if you want to see the old thread, or take my word for it. :p

Back