Spellcrafting

Alavatar

Baron
I am just looking for clarification since I didn't see anything in the addendum.

On page 93 of the rulebook under the "Duration" section it says that:

"All spellcrafted rituals expire after five days, regardless of the duration listed on the ritual scroll."

But on page 96 in the last paragraph of the "Casting" section it states:

"Most spellcrafted rituals expire at the beginning of the first logistics period after the were cast (6pm) or the end of the event, whichever is sooner."

I am assuming that the latter rule is the correct rule, but I would like an experienced person to confirm that, please.

Good point on the nebulous wording. The intention is that the spellcrafting tag you obtain at logistics lasts for five day, the ritual that is thus cast lasts until the next logistics period.

For instance, you can spellcraft a Damage Aura on Friday night. You receive the tag on Friday night. You can wait until Saturday night after logistics to actually use the spellcrafting tag, at which point it will expire at the end of the event (or at Sunday night's logistics). If you use the tag on Saturday morning, however, the tag expires at Saturday's logistics.

Yeah... you may also want to double-check the errata for the extra spellcraft items it addresses if you are reading up on that. It gives info covering how much, how often, etc.

~Barry

jpariury said:
Good point on the nebulous wording. The intention is that the spellcrafting tag you obtain at logistics lasts for five day, the ritual that is thus cast lasts until the next logistics period.

For instance, you can spellcraft a Damage Aura on Friday night. You receive the tag on Friday night. You can wait until Saturday night after logistics to actually use the spellcrafting tag, at which point it will expire at the end of the event (or at Sunday night's logistics). If you use the tag on Saturday morning, however, the tag expires at Saturday's logistics.
It still seems a bit confusing to me.

I am starting to wonder, though, if the passage on page 93 was supposed to be directed to the duration of rituals as opposed to spellcrafting, but then what would be the point of a duration on the scroll? Perhaps in the next addendum update that should be clarified?

And Barry, where can I find the errata? I only saw the rulebook addendum on the nerohq site. Is there a seperate errata for rituals and spellcrafting? Or is it chapter specific?

Here's spellcrafting in a nutshell.

At any logistics period, you may get a spellcrafting tag by breaking the necessary components and showing the scroll (and of course having the requisite ritual levels) [change from the rulebook voted on by owners, not sure if it's in the addendum or not]. This spellcrafting tag may be used at any point in the next 5 days [rulebook].

The spellcrafted ritual *itself* will last as long as specified on the scroll [rulebook is incorrect here in stating that all spellcrafted rituals last X amount of time, as the scroll overrides the default listed in the rulebook]. Most spellcrafted rituals last until the next logistics period ("1 day" on the scroll), while some last as little as 1 hour (many summoning scrolls are like this, and it will in fact destroy the scroll to spellcraft them!). Be sure to read the scroll for the exact effects of spellcrafting off of it.

Does that answer your questions about it?

-Bryan

Back