SpellSword

Selo

i got the idea of this class from elder scrolls oblivion it is a combination of fighter and spell caster, is it a viable class?

i am new and looking into the chapter here in oregon for my self and a few friends.

Its called a Templar, they fight and cast spells.

Or if you're more of a backstabber type, Adept.

The great thing about Alliance is that not only can you choose any skills you want to use, you can change classes freely if the build becomes cheaper another way.

That is to say, if you take more fighting skills than spells, the cheapest build point cost would probably be under the Fighter class. However, if you begin to gain more skills in spell casting, then you might wind up switching to Templar for a cheaper cost.

You can download a spreadsheet I made at http://www.larping.net/larping/ARB.xls to see what I mean as the point cost for each class is given on the left and before or after any game, you can change your class to the cheaper build cost class.

Any class may make use of any skills purchased. Class determines only three things: how many Body Points you have, how many Armor Points you are permitted by default, and how much the assorted skills cost. It might be worth dropping five bucks to get the pdf version of the rulebook to get a clearer understanding of how the game works.

A person wielding a shield may hold spell packets in the hand that is holding the shield. However, in order to throw the packet, you'll need to tuck your sword under your shield arm to free up your throwing hand. :)

Back