Spider Island Assault Plan

Manflesh

Artisan
Chicago Staff
Greetings Adventurers,

The assault of Spider Island is happening this upcoming Market Day. As the name suggests, this ancient island is filled with dangerous large spiders and driders who wield dangerous magics and view all races of Prademar as food for their brood. We need all able adventurers to help in this endeavor.

The current plan is as follow:
  1. Admiral Edgar Saban and Commander Bink’s fleets will begin the assault by doing a preliminary bombardment of the island from two coast lines.
  2. Petyr Raxis and the Griffins, Friend and Majesty will be flying above the island attacking overhead. This will be done to ensure the coasts are clear for the ground assault as most spiders should flee to their underground caves.
  3. Adventurers rift in from the waystone and make the hard push into the tunnels.
  4. While the Adventurers are in the tunnels, Varkeesh the couatl will summon a wind tunnel outside, preventing any spiders from sneaking behind else. Additionally, Vornae Blademasters will protect the waystones from driders trying to escape.
  5. Once the adventurers make it to the main nest, we will use a combination of explosive and elemental repel traps made by the Lizardmen tribe alchemists to force out any remaining spiders/driders that survive the blast out into the open.
  6. We arrive at the endgame, as troops from the waiting ships, the dragon/griffin aerial support, and the adventurers surround the remaining enemy and finish them. The coastlines will be safe from sharks thanks to Lady Fallingstar’s connections to the shark-kin.

Any adventurers with connections in Prademar that could be called in to help with the final assault would be greatly welcomed. Fair warning, the tunnels of Spider Island hold secrets and powers that even the ancient dragons don’t know or understand. We must fight smart and safe.

Let me know if you have any questions. Adventurer Lorelei Beinae has been co-leading this effort and has a scout report of what to expect on this attack.

-Sam Gemclipper

Adventurer Lorelei, reporting for duty!

Last Market, we did some recon and were able to complete a couple of objectives including a safe rallying point and the way into the caverns.

We will need to work as a cohesive group for this to work and I have some tips and tricks for us to know.

Creatures we will encounter: Most of the spiders we encountered swung for about eight dagger blows and made us Entangled if they got the better of us. If a spider gets you down and entangled, it will attempt to pull you away from the group to feed on you later. Driders are part humanoid, part spider beings that seemed to hit for about twenty dagger blows and would capture you with a Web if you are not careful at opponents. Driders also have Arcane attacks that are not blocked by normal protectives. You will need to Dodge, those. There are much larger spiders that hide in tunnels, sending their young out to attack for them. Bombs can be dropped into these tunnels to clear out the nest. In general, all creatures seemed to be immune to poison effects and Web/Entangled effects.

What we need to prep for: If you have the desire to craft to aid, the following potions and scrolls would be useful: Release, Purify, Healing, and Weapon/Spell/Poison Shield. This is also a good guide for spell casters on what to prep for. Everyone should try to have at least a few Releases and Purifies on them in some form to aid anyone that is wrapped up in webs. Endows can also help with getting people out of Webs.

Combat strategy: You will need to know your ideal spot in combat and stick to it. There are three key 'combat groups' that we will need to have in this assault. Shield wall for our front line, backpackers to keep everyone healed up and in check, and runners to take care of any spiders that start dragging off anyone. Anyone that doesn't fit in those three perfectly will be guided to where they can be the most helpful. The key to this is sticking together and not letting anyone fall behind. Spiders attack by picking off the group until everyone is isolated. Don't let that happen. Battle buddies will be required and enforced.

This assault is not going to be easy but together we can do this. I believe in us as a group can defeat this evil once and for all.

If you have any more questions, please ask.

-Lorelei Beinae of the Golden Leaf Crown

Last edited:
I shall be conversing with the Hearthguard before the next market day with what support can be lent towards this endeavor.

May your hearth fire burn eternal, and your tankards endless!

Hearthguard Draco O'Dell

Any recommendations for those of us who tend toward more agressive magics? I doub't Webs would be totally effective, but was any one able to discover what happened if we shackled their legs together?

I believe they are immune to all binding effects. At least from what I know last I arrived.

So releases would be your best bet.

Binks

Indeed. Being use to...sticky situations, they tend to be able to wiggle out of binding effects easily.

Truthfully, the most effective way to deal with them is to down them as quickly as possible. The best kind of spider to fight is a dead spider.

Last edited:
Quick point of order. As the Royal Navy is involved, I expect the Kingdom of Wayside, if not the entire Kingdom of Good, has vouchsafed this expedition. Is it considered an act of war, colonization, or eradication? I ask for historical purposes so the University can properly chronicle this endeavour.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Quick point of order. As the Royal Navy is involved, I expect the Kingdom of Wayside, if not the entire Kingdom of Good, has vouchsafed this expedition. Is it considered an act of war, colonization, or eradication? I ask for historical purposes so the University can properly chronicle this endeavour.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
If I had to say, it would be destroying a looming threat. Based on what we saw, it is only a matter of time before the spiders start seeking food on the other sides of their Waystones. For the better of the land as a whole, clearing out the island of most of its population, if not all that currently remains, would truly leave Prademar at peace. Yes, there are royal groups involved, but purely on the behest of adventurers calling in favors. This quest is completely adventurer-backed. There are no plans for settlements or other colonization at this time. And it's not going to be a complete eradication as two eggs from the current population were given to Isabow for safekeeping.

Scholar Beinae,

I appreciate the clarification. I will ensure this expedition is properly chronicled as a pre-emptive strike with intent to sterilize the island as a protection measure against possible future threats. The Crown's less-than-formal involvement as well as the Adventurer's taking full responsibility is also noted. The two creatures being captured for re-education by Isabo, are they sapient (driders, spiderkyn) or animals?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University

Scholar Beinae,

I appreciate the clarification. I will ensure this expedition is properly chronicled as a pre-emptive strike with intent to sterilize the island as a protection measure against possible future threats. The Crown's less-than-formal involvement as well as the Adventurer's taking full responsibility is also noted. The two creatures being captured for re-education by Isabo, are they sapient (driders, spiderkyn) or animals?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Prademar University
They are believe to be animals. We gathered a total of 10 as the eggs themselves seem to radiate the same energy as the flying city from Gavaria. The 8 that were not given to Isabo will be used in research on why that is.

Sam,

My ships are ready and will make their way Saturday. Ill be in Westhaven all night Friday so make sure you accept coins for food and drink. Also those selling at Merchants Row, hope you like Gold.

Binks

Back