Spoils of War

During the battles staged in these last few days, a pool of spoils was formed at the Chakar base camp. To my knowledge, everyone present among the non-dwarven combatants agreed to contribute to the pool, and so what was contributed shall be split equally among those that participated. Should the existence of the pool have somehow eluded you and you retained spoils found in the first four endeavors, I urge you to contribute so that the split will be most equitable for all. Spoils of the fifth endeavor should be retained by their finders; most Landfallers engaged in other pursuits during that time, and it would be unfair to those that contributed to have the spoils of the few go to the many that were absent.

As has been the custom for spoils in large group excursions such as these, I have split the gains by group, with one additional share for those un-represented. By my counting, each group possessed a nearly equivalent number of combatants, and each had an approximately equal number of people who were not present for half or more of the engagements that the majority of the Landfallers assisted in. By my assessment, the three major groups travel either with myself, the Company of the Broken Chain, or the Legion of the Sun. A fourth share will be created for those that do not count themselves among those three. I leave it to individual commanders to distribute amongst their own as they see fit.

Should I have missed you while logging our number, let me know so that the split can be adjusted. I have accounted for the following:
Roan, Arannin, Virid, Prashka, Black, Harlock, Melete, Ashok, Killian, Jack, Hugh, Boulder, Rain, Harrow, Poxy, Telith, Toad, Takara, Wicked, Semaj and myself.

The coin and producible goods are as follows:
Approximately 10.6 gold in coin.
6 potions of the First Circle, mostly Cure Light Wounds
10 potions of the Second and Third Circle
6 potions of the Fourth through Sixth Circle
No potions of greater than Sixth Circle were recovered.
A Suit of Armor, capable of defending against no greater than a Flame Bolt
A Staff and a Bow

Additionally:
8 assorted ritual components, all fresh
2 catalyst components: A Perfect Rose and the Bones of a King, both to unknown rituals. A small bounty will be paid for the identity of their rituals before the split.
3 ritual scrolls, identified as Spell Store, Empowered Circle of Power, and Protection Aura.

Finally, 4 magical items, all with one year of life within them:
A Button - 6 times per the day, Silence. Earth.
A Pinecone of Unreasonable Size - Arcane Armor, capable of withstanding no more than a Flame Bolt, as well as a single Cloak each per the day versus Greater Commands, and Gifts. Earth.
An Orange Star - Cloak versus Stone, 5 times per the day. Celestial.
A Mace - An Aura of Stone, as well as a Channel for a Stone Bolt and a Stone Storm, each once per the day. Celestial.

My intent is to split the coin, producible goods, and ritual components evenly amongst the 4 groups. Should the Catalyst Components be identified as necessary to perform Necromantic rituals, they will be destroyed. Should they identified as necessary to a ritual that will be beneficial to Landfall, such as Create Greater Circle of Power, they will be held in reserve for that. Otherwise, they will be distributed as equitably as possible.

The ritual scrolls and magical items are considerably more difficult to split. A great number of people lost items, many of them magical or otherwise valuable. Similarly, a fair number of people resurrected. Unfortunately, so many people could attempt to make a claim based on loss that it is not an equitable way to attempt to split the remaining goods. In endeavors such as this, claims due to effort or risk will only invite heated words, and we would be best without them. Instead, the items should be split as evenly as possible, with preference to those with need and ability to make the most use of an item or scroll.

So far I have only heard of interest in the Pinecone, but not the rest. In the past, I believe that Hugh has expressed interest in erecting a Celestial Circle of Power. We have enough Empowered Circle of Power scrolls on hand that one could be expended in this manner. Should the Company still desire to house such a Circle in Landfall, they may take the scroll as their share of the scrolls uncontested, and I will provide them the components previously held in reserve for such an undertaking. Should anyone wish to state their interest in the items or ritual scrolls, please do so soon.

By my hand,
Sir Iftikhaar Vorgik

(Out of character: I presume this is over the dream scape, not written down? if it isn't written down Killian will respond, ya know... cuase he could ;) )

"I am very glad to hear about this dispensation of goods that where found while attacking the slaving bastards! The Legion lost a lot of goods, including magical items, but I know we don't want to fight between ourselves over what was found. I'll speak to the rest of the Legion of the Sun and see if there is anything we are particularly interested in, other then my 'crazy eyes' for that Pinecone..."

~Killian Yaslanna

I urge all involved to keep in mind that the folk you will be contending for these spoils against are the same people who fought and died beside you in those mountains. They risked their lives for you and you risked yours for them. Help them to better themselves and you benefit us all. There has been contention and bad blood over gains such as these in the past, and if we are to continue to enjoy triumph in The Golden Horn we must help each other to grow stronger. We have proven we can drive the Harks back and we must maintain that vigor in the face of their warriors, something we cannot do if we are divided.
That being said I renounce any share of the spoils, please distribute my allotment among the other participants of this campaign.
This island will be free of the Harkonnian influence before we are through, or we will die trying. Each of you is building your own legend with the actions you take, and you will be remembered as heroes, each and every one.

Long live Taneryn. Long live the queen.

-Hugh M.

Should no others show interest in the button, I would have use for such a thing. I have been known to go necromancer hunting on the battlefield.

Arannin.

/the dwarven legion all raise their battle-steins and drink to the fallen for their sacrifice & to the survivors for their victory

A ritual scroll was found by an exploding Minotaur (who really deserved it), and we wanna throw it in the pile of loot to be divvied for the rest.

and I'm willing to compete for the Pine-cone. I could make a nifty leather backpack and everything for it!

~Killian Yaslanna

Until we know what the catalysts are for, the only thing I am interested in is the Spell Store scroll. But, I think only if no-one else is very excited for it.

I will be asking our allies about the catalysts, maybe one of the dwarves will know what they are for.

To me, it would seem fair to give the pinecone to the Legion for their members to use.

-Roan

I will speak up in the desire to have the Stone Mace, if no one else is desperate for it. As I am one of the few who actively wields blunt weapons, it seems like I'd be in a position to use it. If possible, have it sent to Andar under the care of Prashka. I have elementals to hunt.

Also, Sir, was your Ice Mace captured, or was it returned to you?

-Poxy

(OOG: Is the stone mace a short mace or a long mace?)

Thank you for speaking up about the scroll Killian. Do you know its identity?
My intention is to give one magical item to each group for simplicity. Since I have not yet heard from any of the 'independents,' and more from the Legion thus far than the Company, I leave it to the members of the Legion to decide whether they would rather have the Long Mace or the Pinecone.
We still have no idea what the Catalysts are useful for. Since they will not travel the mists to Andar, I will retain them until more folk have gathered in Landfall and we will attempt to divide their value again there.

If the Legion will be traveling the mists to Andar in the coming days, I will do what I can to talk to one of your members before they depart so that you may make use of your spoils there. If a member of the Company would like the same, or any of the independents, seek me out soon.

The Ice Mace was indeed recovered, thank you for checking Poxy. I also loaned out a silver chain with a long blue bead. It possesses the rituals of Arcane Armor and Protection Aura, along with a number of single-use abilities. It was lost when the person I lent it to was killed and looted. If anyone should have information concerning it, I would be interested in its fate. A number of other people lost items as well; at least Hugh lost a two-handed mace, and I am sure there are others. Should anyone else have lost magical items, it may behoove you to post their description in case they were found by others, or in case they are found by others in the future. I will offer a bounty on any magical items recovered and returned to their original owner of one gold to reward the honesty of the finder.

~Sir Iftikhaar Vorgik

I haven't had the oppertunity to have it checked yet, but there's lots of funky squiggly lines all over it, and someone made mention it was a ritual scroll. normally I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but the person who told me what it was, well, I trust em. But I have no idea what it can do. I'll be happy to have someone check it whenever they want to.

I did lose a long silvered sword that could cast Life once a day. Just purchase and is very nice and shiny and works! Just ask Black! I also lost two or three hand fulls of vials, mostly healing potions, spell shield potions and enslavement antidotes. the healing and the spell shields I can live without, even though I'd really like those back so I can use them whilst killing some slavers, but there isn't a spell to get rid of their nasty mind bending, evil, gross, vile mind altering stuff. Everything else I lost can be easily rebuilt or found (silver swords, armor, shields, my dignity).

~Killian

Good Sir Iftikhaar Vorgik, I am currently having conversations with the members of my company as to what they feel would be the best option for our choice. Allow me a few more days and I should have an answer for you, as well as another option if there is conflict.

Hello,

The Caravan of Wonders would like to extend its services in the identification of your catalyst components. Normally we would charge 1 gold per identification, however, as we have noted that they were recovered in the midst of the conflict with the Harkonnians and that many of our good friends and patrons of Landfall gave their life in the effort, we would like to provide that service for free.

A "perfect rose", if harvested with a specially-prepared golden-scribed sickle under a blood moon in an even-numbered month while the Dragon remains in its ascendency, may be used for the ritual "Obfuscate" - which may either hide the nature and specifics of any rituals on an object, location, or person; or, alternatively, remove an Obfuscation that is in place.

Are the bones of a king that you recovered petrified (made hard as stone)? If so, they match the description for a Proscribe ritual, which may be used to protect against one family of monstrous race.

We hope that was of help, and please keep the Caravan of Wonders in mind if you decide you are seeking any specific rituals, ritually-enchanted items or objects of unique and distinct origin.

We remain Her Majesty's humblest of servants,
Derek Hammerfall
Primary representative of the Caravan of Wonders to the Golden Horn

I have had time to meet with Killian. The ritual scroll is a proscribe. Convenient.
-Alcandar

After discussing with the Legion, I have decided to cede my claim to the mace. Please distribute it to whoever will find it most useful.

-Poxy

I thank you for your help in telling us what the catalysts are good for, Mr. Hammerfall.

The Proscribe is something we could place on a building (or maybe a circle?), yes? This sounds like something we could all use for the good of Landfall-- keep the Minotaur out of one place.

-Roan

After discussion with the Company, we would like the mace. Failing that our order of preference would be the pinecone, the star, and the button.

Back