Spring in Evodia

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Greetings everyone,

Now that Winter is over, things have settled and a new year is upon us for Evodia. I know I've been looking forward to getting back to a more outdoor related routine. What has everyone else been up to in the months following the war's end?

On a related note, what other task are we looking to follow up on this year? Any goals as a "town" or personal?

And if you've got a spare minute and you're in the capital, stop on by for a drink at my mobile bar, it's on the house. Though I hope to buy a more permanent structure this year.

- Sgt. Cassandra Malvern

Cass,
Firsts way to go on getting named a Sargent. I look forward to more military campaigns with yous. I have been working hard for da military guild as well overs da winter. More infos coming soon. I have also been trainings hard as a Squire to Sara Fiona. I knows I is worried about anyones dat might try to take pounce while we lick our wounds. We needs da be watchfull of any threats eider here in dees lands or people poking and prison our boarders. Do we still owes the Tree dude dat Asher and Silp talkeded to anything it’s did that all get taken care if’s. It didn’t make me think that it’s was fond of us to starts no need makings dems mad by not getting what’s it asked for?

Lt Squire Bruisey Foemangler

Hi Squire Bruisey!

So, from what I can remember, the Dryad guy that Asher summoned wasn't actually a Dryad, but the big super Guardian guy of the Dryad homeland! I, uh, don't remember what his name was, but I'm sure someone else does! Big things he talked to us included that the Dryads in Evodia are sick and don't live super long, givin' their own life force to help prolong their people's society as a whole! The Dryad Guardian got magically wounded a long time ago, and that's what's causin' it! I think it was the big super Guardian guy of the Humans that did it to him when they got in a fight, and he did it with a fancy magic blade (I don't know if we learned if it was a sword or an axe or a dagger or a sharp shovel or whatever else) that should still be somewhere hidden away in one of those ancient vaults under the capitol, like the one we went though that evenin'! I think the big super Dryad Guardian guy said that he didn't really trust us, but if we wanted to prove ourselves to the Dryads' cause, we should do what we can to find that blade, which might be helpful in reversing the damage done!

My memory's a little fuzzy on this, though, so if anyone can remember more and clarify for us, please do so!

~ Silp

Bruisey,

To my knowledge, the Sword of Evoder still needs to be located and handed over. To my knowledge there is a vault of knowledge correct? Perhaps it may contain the information we seek.

Asher

interesting series of events, though i do not remember those. still now that the war has ended i hope to look around for materials to make either weapons or armor for those who need it.

Iganeous Ironforge

While I was present for the summoning of Halvar I do not recall of the details as I had no paper or quill with me. He commanded us to recover a sword (possibly and probably Evodir's) located within Evodir's vaults and not to contact him again until such time as it has been recovered. I'm sure a Vision ritual will be able to provide some detials if someone would like me to cast one. I may also be persuaded to provide one from my own collection for an appropriate fee of course. Pestering the curator of the vaults may also yield results but I'd rather foster a healthy relationship with him rather than irritate him until he gives us the information.

In a larger scope of the world, I anticipate that international conflict may soon be on the horizon now that Erebella is without a Guardian.

I of course have been up to magical research. While I could certainly talk anyone's ear off about it, I'll wait unti I have something more impressive to display before I say too much.

As always I am available for ritual casting and warding services. I'll soon be offering empowerments and other manipulations for an additional fee. If you are looking for forge yourself an item of extraordinary power but are unsure where to begin in the process or what rituals you may benefit from, I also offer free consultations.

-Beryl

I was also present for the summoning of Halvar, though he did not seem enthused with any of the Biata in his presence. He did ask us to retrieve a weapon, specifically the Sword of Evodir and directed us to look in the Vault. Due to the Royalist War, we have not yet had a time to look for the sword as a group. It is something that I would like done as soon as possible. I'm sure that a vision would help us locate it more precisely in Evodir's Vault.

There have been no declarations as of yet, but we have reason to believe that Thonia, the Hobling nation, may be seeking to take advantage of Erabella while it recovers. We will likely have to negotiate with Igshnak, the High Orc nation, at some point as well. Concessions were made near the end of the war that may have lasting consequences with their relations. The Stone Elves are considering action against Erabella as they consider a race with no Guardian a threat to Evodia as a whole. Hopefully, we have ameliorated their concerns for now but it is something to be aware of. All in all, Erabella's place in this world is still uneasy at best.

As for my winter, I spent it investigating a personal matter with Count Ferrant. I have also revised the services provided by the Town Box and will present them to the community prior to the first gathering of the year.

Zen Mallowbrooks
Administrator of the Town Box

Counts me in when we “negotiate” with Igshnak I would love to rumble with some or orcen brethren. I feel the talky talk may not be the best way to approach.

talking is a good way to start Bruisey, but always be ready to fight just in case the talking does not work!

Iganeous Ironforge

I believe he is always ready for a fight, eh Bruisey
~Elros

Always is da answer might is right

while that is not always the case, in my experience the one who is better prepared is the one who comes out on top.

Iganeous Ironforge

Good evening,

While I have been away, the details of which are not important at this time, my attention was caught by "ancient vaults under the capitol" and "the curator of the vaults may also yield results." I would like to offer my talents to speak with this curator about all the relevant things that may be in these ancient vaults. Maybe not start with the sword, as that would be a bit, pardon the pun, blunt. Maybe start out asking about lessor known things, like tombs or artifacts of a certain nature... just to get the ball rolling, of course. Does anyone happen to have that curator's name and location?

-Innoxius the Healer

He wont answer a question without defeating him first. Hes weak but well guarded. Alone will not suffice.

-Sgt Cassandra Malvern

I was not present when we last encountered them but from my understanding the curator is not a person with the title of curator, they are a magical being who resides in the Vault and jealously guards its contents. They summon creatures and use the contents or certain vaults to defend or test those who seek what is inside. The last time it depleted the resources of an adventuring party of 5 or 6 before before it acquiesced the knowledge they sought. I'm not saying that we cannot talk or negotiate with it but that's not the way it's worked in the past. Innoxius, if you want to research or come up with a way to better understand or communicate with the Curator that would be very helpful.

Zen Mallowbrooks
Administrator of the Town Box

Last edited:
Back