Squire School: "Entrances and Exits," 1:00 Sat 17 Oct, Citadel

Traceroo

Rogue
Good People of Acarthia,

Squires of the Baronial Courts of Acarthia wish to extend to the general public an invitation to attend their Squire School in the month of October. Two of our squires will be themselves our guest lecturers. The topic may be of great interest to warriors, and combatants of all descriptions who take the field.

The theme for this lesson is, "Entrances and Exits."

Squire Yurg of the Baronial Court of Bayenna has volunteered to demonstrate some of his learning from the battlefields in Bayenna in how to safely enter and clear a room. This demonstration will include solo entrances, pairs, and small groups. Squire Yurg will offer a practical demonstration in the currently abandoned hovels in the Citadel area of New Acarthia.

Following, Squire Risome Yarrow of the Baronial Court of Tiatar will lecture and coordinate among interested parties on the topic of organized and efficient retreat from the battlefield. This lesson will include: how and when to call a retreat, how to lead and how to respond, designation of special rear guards to supervise the retreat so there is minimal confusion in the heat of the moment.

All are welcome to attend this lesson. Please join us in this congenial atmosphere to better our greater understanding of efficient battlefield tactics.

Saturday, 17 October 415
Citadel area of New Acarthia
Lesson begins promptly at 1:00*

In service to Acarthia,

Dame Katherine Albright
Knight of the Ducal Court of Acarthia

* Timing of this lesson has been coordinated with both ducal and estate offices, and 1:00 on Saturday afternoon is the most convenient time amidst all larger activities happening within New Acarthia during the Court of October. Thank you for your cooperation with this schedule.

Winter comes. Tents good for keeping the sun off, but wood walls and stove better for warmth. Cold may put some travelers into Citadel if they get cleared out. Not saying look for other place to hold school. Just look for locks and traps before entering and clearing. Those not meant for you.

Goodman Skeld,

Please forgive my impertinence. I did not realize that the Citadel area of town would be occupied at this time of year. I spoke with representatives of the estate, but this didn't come up in conversation. I'll take personal responsibility for making sure that we discern which structures there are occupied -- and respect their privacy and quiet during this lesson. I'll make it a point to look into that once court has opened and all travelers are assembled. Thank you for the notice.

~K.A.

No need to forgives. This not a for sure thing. Town people said maybe a lot. I'm hoping. Want hard walls and warm fire while there. Special during this season. Darker things walking the night. Darker than usual. All welcome wherever I make home at gathers. Just not want you hurt.

Back