Stealing before first aid

That is definitely unfortunate markusdark, which is why if your going to get away with getting other peoples stuff sometimes you have to be just as careful OOG as IG. :? We should all try our hardest not to metagame. But you can't metagame what you don't actually know. I think the rulebook even says something to that affect about being a Rogue

markusdark said:
One of my first events, I found some clothes on the ground. Basically someone was heading off to the Earth circle. However, he saw me coming down the path so he waited. My character had no idea whose clothes they were so he ransacked them, took what he could find and went on his merry way.

Later that day, the individual in question cornered me and told me to give him back his stuff. When I asked him how he came to the conclusion that I took it, he said, "There are only two people who'd steal from me in town, and the other guy isn't stupid enough to do it." I was so pissed at the player that I just gave him the stuff back and walked away.

There is often some metagaming going on - especially if you are a 'known' "Professional Opportunist" but you just have to move on.

That story just pisses me off......

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

markusdark said:
One of my first events, I found some clothes on the ground. Basically someone was heading off to the Earth circle. However, he saw me coming down the path so he waited. My character had no idea whose clothes they were so he ransacked them, took what he could find and went on his merry way.

Later that day, the individual in question cornered me and told me to give him back his stuff. When I asked him how he came to the conclusion that I took it, he said, "There are only two people who'd steal from me in town, and the other guy isn't stupid enough to do it." I was so pissed at the player that I just gave him the stuff back and walked away.

There is often some metagaming going on - especially if you are a 'known' "Professional Opportunist" but you just have to move on.

Wow you nice... I would of said "well if you didn't turn around and wait when I was walking down the hill, then I wouldn't mind handing to back". But thats just me..

Don't forget that this was one of his first events. A new player might not know enough to report a metagamer to a marshal or deal with it personally.

Personally though, I say it's never too late. Out that player to your rules committee now - I'm sure they want to talk to that dude about being a big cheater.
Gilwing said:
markusdark said:

Wow you nice... I would of said "well if you didn't turn around and wait when I was walking down the hill, then I wouldn't mind handing to back". But thats just me..

Back