Stick Jock Days

So we were bandying about doing some sparring days and people have been asking about it again. So I am going to start organizing a bi-monthly Sunday practice day. I will not be doing them on event months though...too much other stuff to do.

I will be scouting for locations for the next few weeks.
Anyone that knows of a park that has a covered area so we can get together rain or shine, let me know.
I know several schools do, but I don't think that would be a viable option.

I forget if Gabriel Park has much in the way of covered areas. Cook Park in Tigard used to be the mod day park of choice in the long, long ago, and has pavilions. Mt Tabor on the east side is decent for that as well. It also seems like Washington Park ought to have something along those lines as well, and be a bit more centrally-located. Also, Noble Woods park had covered pavilions on the south side of the park. Here's a City of Portland list of parks with picnic shelters.

From what I remember, there are no covered areas at Gabriel Park.

I will be starting these on April 14.
10am start time with a wrap up of Noon (or later depending upon turnout, etc).

I am looking at holding this at either Washington Park's archery range area (they have about 40 sq yrd of empty area between the firing line and lot) or further down near the kids park/elephant house covered area.

:D I'm in! Will people by any chance be bringing any extra weapons? I haven't had a chance to make any yet...

BluesBelly said:
:D I'm in! Will people by any chance be bringing any extra weapons? I haven't had a chance to make any yet...

Yes. I have quite a few plus I have Monster Camp. So toting a few extra is no problem.

Chances are pretty good the area will be swampy. Options are to move closer to the zoo if it is not raining or down near the Rose Garden.

Back
Top Bottom