Stories and Favs from the SF March event!

Alright lets hear the story's of cool, whacky, odd and OMG -WTF from the event!

MY favorites:
1. Rift out = Mud Ball Fight
2. Do you except Physical roll play. Yes = Pig wrestling.
3. Something has gone horribly wrong. well i think this is the plain of death. oh' i know what we forgot the blood sacrifice. is that an *** on the floor? Was there not 6 of you that went? yes but its okay, last thing i saw was us cutting are own wrists to get out it will be fine.

The mud fight was cool, even if it did alter the direction of a plotline. In fact it might be cooler because of that. The rp in that scene was great, too.

The Life Boar tackle.

Colored Egg Roulette.

The look on Loxius' face when the "Activate Lore" was called.

The attempt at swindling Phlogiston, my fire elemental - very good idea, but you've got to let everyone there know not to blurt out that it is a fake.

Fun with the petrified forest.

Cackling crew providing hallucinations for those playing Colored Egg Roulette.

The Thunder!

Jim: Alright, when you rift in, you find yourself in the remains of a great forest. All of the trees and other flora have been burnt to a cinder, and charcoal and ash are everywhere. Go ahead and start your count.

All the MWEs: We rift in one, we rift in two, we rift in three... *looks around at their surroundings.*

Copperthreads: YES! YES! I'm back in the Bleakwood! I'm home again! !@#$ that place we were at! YES!

The myriad puns as a result of half of Copperthreads' *** being portal cut. And when we got back from the 'event' that lead to said cutting:

Aven: So, have you learned not to mess around with powers beyond your ken?

Copperthreads: *wiping his mouth off after throwing up over the balcony* Nope.

ALL THE SPECIAL EFFECTS!

"This hell hole? This is my retirement! It's a thousand times more relaxing than Parna for me!"

Hearing of the Friendly Panda and his Forest Friends. Paul, you're a fruitcake.

Going into the tunnels beneath the keep, and finding critters. It was a self-initiated mod, with balanced creatures, and a tidy loot drop. It was kinda cool.

The thunder going off under the tavern, leading me to change direction and go back into the woods, with a "nope, not going in there."

Paul the Panda: Eat me... I'm delicious!
Tzerin the eater of hallucineggs: *starts slicing his arm*
Paul: No! No! I'm most delicious and tender here! *gestures to his thigh*
Tzerin: *runs around him in a circle cutting him to pieces eating bits* Wait, how are you still alive?
Paul: Wait, ummm, AUG! YOU KILLED ME! HOW COULD YOU?!
The Wilderbeast Chorus: You killed our friend!
Tzerin: I'm sorry! *commits seppuku*
Tzerin: *has no cure light potions left*
Long-suffering Tarantula: *facepalms*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*playing elementals, going to the cabins*
*knock on the door of the cabin, press flat against the walls*
Tree: Who is it?
*no reply*
*knock knock*
Tree: Hello?
Bobby elemental: Help us!
Tree: *opens door, looks from side to side, sees us*
Tree: NOPE. *slams door*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What did Tzerin do?"
"He played with daddy's matches."
"No, no I did not, I saw that daddy and all my brothers and sisters had matches, so I took all of them and lit them all on fire at once."
"After he poured a gasoline ring around himself 'just in case'"
"Yeah, sure, that as well."
"You aren't allowed to leave your character card in my tent anymore."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything involving facehuggers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm thinking green and white for my alt."
"...Aren't those the bad colors?"
"...You're right. Maybe I should wait until I'm 18 to play that character."

(paraphrased, I forget the real lines)
Ashlin (very nicely): "Well.. see, sorry, but there's a thing about our agreement.. there might be a little bit of a change... " (to Long Axe) "..should you tell him?"
LongAxe(the loudest player in the game): "WE'RE HERE TO KILL YOU!"
-----------------------------
boar wrastling
-----------------------------
face huggers

----------------------------
imaginary panda
Alice: "What do I see?"
Paul: "YOU see nothing, " (to Tzerin) "HE sees a dancing panda"

I second the entire segue into the Char fight. Ashlin was so annoyed that my honor demanded I announce myself; and then, I got to announce all of us.
---
Tanis and Longaxe posturing at each other, fist-bumping, and agreeing they'll be having a brawl as soon as the world isn't hanging in the balance.
---
Longaxe: How do you work?
Lightning Elemental: It's complicated. No, it's easy to understand, complicated to explain.
Longaxe: That sounds like my entire life.
---
The feeling that when we killed Char we actually accomplished something, even if that something might not be entirely to our benefit.
---
The RP with the Dryad. All the RP with the Dryad. I was half-asleep the entire time and I was still having a blast.

Being a Boar and watching one of the life boars eating a potion out of a bag. Following the mortal, trying to get into her bag only to be left behind as she football tackled the other life boar!!! :tears:

A pack of ice hounds being slaughtered in their own den by only three mortals??? :zonks:

The thunder was pretty scary and shook the whole tavern!

Absolutely a great event!

We love our new sparky! Need to go back for the cart.

Getting to a forge was awesome if not a little random. Always remember it is not a fight if you are still talking and do not stop talking until the they start swinging.

Life elementals are super bad to fight.

Death dogs about as bad.

I had a great time for my first game as a PC. Some of the highlights:

Our arrival in maelstrom. It was good fun :) Dan ran with my strange background which made it even better!

---

"Stone Go!", "Go Stone!", "Leave, go now!"
vs.
"Wait, is that a forge?", "We would like to talk to you about that forge.", "Can we use this forge?"

Forge Wins!

---

Sparky and the buffalo wing buffet! (If only the buffalo wings were properly phys repped)

Back