Story Time by Enan Bluewater

Lurin

Duke
So, one of the issues we often run in to is that often many people are behind the times, or unawares. While I would always wish to have better information myself, I can only help things from my position.

So, with that in mind I have some information I think everyone needs to know that will need to be addressed promptly.

There is an island off the northern coast of Typhany, located west of the infamous spider island. In the past this island has been relatively peaceful, and unknown to most because it was unremarkable. That has recently changed and the island bubbles and seethes with dangerous forces, that are too dangerous to confront at the moment, but must be defeated as soon as possible. Now these words are used often in our lands, almost too often, so I will explain why and let you draw your own conclusions.

Recently a number of us have been reached out to by a pair of elemental paragons of Life and Death, as most opposed forces and elementals do, they had been engaged in a titanic struggle for eons, the ebb and flow of the energies of their combat flowing into the world around us maintaining the natural order of life and death. Many years ago, in the dusts of history they arrived upon this island and crashed into it, bursting into a cavern at a most in opportune time. Their battle brought them into a circle of elementalists attempting to capture and tame an Chaos elemental, an overlord in strength as far as I could tell from the visions and my studies. This destruction left the chaos overlord trapped in the body of an elephant with the two paragons.

I will break here for a moment to explain part of why this is such a dangerous issue. Elementals, much like us, have their own rankings, an Elemental knight for example, would in general be a match, but not an insurmountable one for the entire adventuring population most days, often having strong martial skills and natural magics, occasionally including some abilities on par with dragons, although their access to such are far more limited than such great beasts. An Overlord is much like a Duke might be, their own might incredibly great, but bolstered by the elemental Lords and Knights they hold sway over, as well as a far larger number of shards, imps, lesser, and great elementals of their type. An overlord would likely outmatch our town entirely without the adventurers having a significant ally or advantage, indeed a small portion of his servants would likely destroy the town.

As great as an Overlord is in power, they pale in comparrison to a paragon, which is so far above an Overlord as to feel no threat from one. This explains why the paragons ignored this creature as they continued their struggle. As they did so the creature stalked around the circle for centuries, absorbing the power from the elemental nodes that were ment to contain it, growing in strength. When the final energy of the nodes was expended and the creature had gain all it could, over a millenium, it was a batch for the paragons, to late they realized it and just recently they were consumed into the beast, who proclaims his name to be Thonesh. This consumption and the release of the circle containing him has set the island ablaze with his magic.

Now a Paragon of Chaos, the beast has consumed both Life and Death, and uses that force to negate their influence, a lack of both life and death energies leaves only undeath and the island is already awash with it, those with weaker spirits already have been turned into zombies and undeath. Some pockets of resistance remain, as well as a few ancient keeps but it is not safe to goto the island until the initial waves of chaos and undeath die down. Paragons have great power, and our window to destroy him will close quickly, he has not been able to fully integrate the paragons of Life and Death who have reached out to a few in town and are lending as much power as they can, power Thonesh won't have while it's kept from his hands, power that will weaken his hold in this world.

Consider this, while his power is being confronted, and countered by TWO paragons, weakened through they might be, Thonesh has already destroyed a large island removing not only life, but also death, leaving only a tortured existence behind. Given more time, the paragons will be consumed, leaving Thonesh with enough power to extend his reach far into our shores, and likely beyond.

Those they know me, know I am the last to call for action or battle, but this creature could very likely consume tens of thousands of lives and render half our world unlivable with his power, including the area where our people live.

So I ask, who will come and confront this threat? I could use a strong, experienced leader to head the charge, or lead us into battle, against what will likely be an army of undeath. Given his history as an undead hunter, and his recent actions which can't help but prove that he holds the interests of others above his own well being, a trait that I have little, if any claim to despite my efforts, I would hope that Kalin would stand up and lead us in this, supported by the knights if they are willing to serve as battle leaders under his overall guidance and experience with the undead.

Even if no one else is willing, My group will be doing all we can while this small window is open, but I expect, and hope, many of you will join us to ensure this threat is destroyed before it's deadly influence can reach our shores. Once we know who is coming, plans should be made for not only how to penetrate the waves of undeath, but also defeat Thonesh himself.

So there it is, I'll put out the call myself, who will stand up against this threat to the world?

Well then fudge, I guess I picked the wrong time to come back around. Still, I will be around, nothing like a zombie armaggedon to get drunk over and beat some undead skulls in. Count my blade in.

Bart

Zit would appear vhere is quite zhe urge for adventure Mr. Bluewater. I normally keep my mind closed to zhe realm of the dreams, however every now and zhen a tale is told which completely draws me in. I must say, zhe tale of Thonesh does have me vorried, but also quite intrigued. Though, zhe only thing that zhy wonder most, is how it vill end, and how zhe tale gets to the ending. Will Thoneshes hold grow stronger and expand, or vill others be there to prevent that? I'm not familiar with your force, but I will lend what little strength I have, to aid you.

Though in truth, most tales are never told again. With an intro like this, how can one simply not wonder what is to come. When ve succeed, or when we fail, others must know the outcome. I vill do what I can to absorb the surroundings, to collect the tales of those fighting against this threat and even more so, pass the conclusion to those who merely don't have the strength to fight this threat. Zhe people must know the heroes that fell, the heroes that have fallen, and the heroes that triumphed in za time of great peril. Oh, zhe thought of such an adventure excites every bone in my body.

My talents lie in information, words, and the arts; but I picked up a few duelist related skills while accompanying the Iron Crows for a time. Zhou have my hat, my cane, and my quill Mr. Bluewater...and all those who vish to join us!

I name zhis tale, The Paragon Brave Story

A simple Bard,
Gregory Binks III

Oi, I'll be dere.
Sounds like a good scrap for me and my hamma.
You can count on me Enan, I hope alot of people come out.
Feels good having friends smashing da undead wit.
hahahahahahahahaha and nothing sounds better that cracking the skulls of the undead :D .

Differences aside, The Knights have no authority on this island...its not a part of Wayside and they arent required to go or lead there. Although I suspect Elle or Sera Zanabanath might come with Kalin, Bart, Eve, Raven, and I since we have an appointment with a LichKing and you know its rude and dishonorable to not keep your appointments. Tadron you comming?

I'll share this:

As of the last mapping of Wayside like 27 years ago this island was all but uninhabited. The seas north of Tympany aren't welcoming so only the occasional marrooned sailor or wanderer would venture to this small island unable to sustain meaninfull life.

When Kalin and I went there we found a large village, two keeps, and a once large population of humans and other humanoid races decimated. A blighted circle, which I beleive your guildmate paid a price to re-hallow, and the same story you shared.

I know speaking to Kalin that we need some help for a job from some less seasoned folks who can draw less attention. Kale, Vex and company... can you and your group do something stupid for us while we do something stupid for you?

Jehan Wyldweaver

This sounds like a very serious threat to your lands. If I can find my way through the Mists, I may come join you in this fight.

Briar of First Forest

Hey Jehan,

It sounds to me that you and the lads are about to open a big barrel of stupid, good thing your calling in the experts then. Aye you can count on our swords. You bring the beer and we'll bring the pain.

Jehan,

Aye, me mates and I are itchin' a bit for some idiocy, and quite frankly, i need more material to write my piss poor songs about, consider me in.

Claudius "Cleaver" Fang

you all know how i love me some lichking....... i think i would have to cut off my ears if i didnt introduce this "king" to hugo

Please, do not get them drunk again. We do stupid dead sober. I am with keeper. We'll be where you need us.

Y'know, when ah respectable fella loik Jehan comes and asks ye to do something stupid fahr him, it's usually gonna be fun and well worth the danger. But when ah fella loik dat tells ye he's gon' turn 'round an' do something stupid fer you!? Well dat's just real damn 'ard to turn down.

I'm wit da boys, let's go 'ave a little fun...

I'm glad you are all so excited for the challenge, While I myself, and Kalin, will likely be able to provide a great amount of assistance against the undead hordes portion (Many of those with my will have earth Auras, and I know many others have the same) this is not something I expect that will require earth magics alone.

The Elemental energy absorbed by the creature and the visions we've received definitely suggest that there will be undead infused with the various foundation elements, those we've seen previously have been more resilent against earth damage, but weak against elemetal attacks. I also expect that banishes will be key to many battles, but particuallarly the battle against Thonesh, and those are not my area of expertise, perhaps a celestialist has other considerations?

-Enan

SKY MAGIC UNDEAD?!... Kill them, kill them all.

-Kendra

Is zhere anything else you have been able to figure out regarding zhis Isle? I've sailed the coast on merchant vessels, and I don't ever recall an island vike zhe one described in this story. Regardless, I'm sure ve'll see quite the adventure.

A simple sailor,
- Gregory Binks

Yes hello? Hi. How are you? I can hear you... Yes this is quite odd. My dreams are usually more peaceful than this, I'll have to make a note of this. You seem to be speaking of this confounded island correct? Yes? I would be ever so grateful to get off of it. There is really nothing more I care to do here. Hello? Anyone?

-Jeffery Reginald Percival the third

Perzivvall have you never veen part of the dreaming verfore. You should try to focus your thoughtz more. Think on thoze you have meet and you will speak, think on a topic and you are there. Calm your thoughtz and vocus vell and vou may zpeak vith uz.

brother to a murdered sister, and battle healer

Kitaruen Kopanari

(In a voice of honey) Jeffrey, Jeffrey do not fear do not anguish you have a place in this world come to my voice. Journey towards my voice and I will embrace you and you I. You can be my herald to the others of the new way, of a better way. Undeath and choas is for all, it does not discriminate, it does not judge. i am the balance that this world has lacked for so very long. Jeffrey I can feel you, you are close come embrace me, take a knee in service. Once you take a knee all will be well, no more fear or worry.

That goes to you all, Kneel in service and undeath will wash over you and you will become my first and most precious servants

Master of Undeath Thonesh

Back