Strengthen Spirit & clarifications about when it expires

Feldor

Adept
So, the theory of "Strengthen Spirit" is it is a 20-LP duration ritual that goes on the spirit.
"This Ritual will allow someone a safer trip through the circle in the future if their spirit is damaged, though it does not guarantee their return. OOG: This functions in all ways (including future Goblin Stamp buyback costs) as if the character had bought back a death with Goblin Stamps."

1. When the rit expires, does it undo the buyback?
2. Does this do weird things if they've bought back deaths while the rit was running, where those buybacks should have now been cheaper, and they should get a refund?
3. Does it mean post ritual, that the next death buyback cost the same as the previous death buyback, because there is now 1 less in the count, or does it keep increasing?
4. Before the ritual expires, does it prevent buying back the death?

My thoughts:
1. I think yes, because its as if it wasn't bought back any more.
2. I think on the principle of since they got the benefit at the time, no refunds. (But that could also be a local chapter call because goblin stamps.)
3. This one I'm not clear on. It seems weird to keep charging them for a buyback they no longer have. And if you looked up the number of buybacks, and looked at the progression, there would be no indication on the character sheet about the expired ritual.
4. I want to say yes, because its as if it is already bought back.

If a character has less than three deaths on their card, does it auto-backlash as an invalid target?

Upvote 0
The way I'm reading it is:
1. The target is a spirit.
2. If (and only if) the target has a damaged spirit, then it's treated as if they bought back a death.

Therefore, the spirit of a character with less than three deaths is still a valid target, but it has no discernible effect, much like Disarming someone who isn't holding anything.

Upvote 0
Back