Stumbling, in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRivers

Scholar
Calan stumbles into the tavern, the world seemed so much bigger now, not to mention colder than he could ever remember. as he passed through the doorway he stamped his feet a few more times than he normally would with the hopes of getting all the snow off of his boots. slowly he shuffled his feet while reaching out with his hands to find a table to sit at. the tavern seemed quiet, more so than the last time hed been there at least. He had hoped that some familiar voices would pop up Zoul, Cera, Johm, Mal, Billan, Arlyne or Lorenzo would all would be welcome voices right now. He knew that not all of them would be able to help him venture deep into the forgotten crypt but he was told to find friends he trusted, so that's just who he would set out to ask. Calan sits in silence drumming his fingers on the table top waiting for a voice, this would be the most likely place to hope to come across a good deal of them.

Cyra sat alone in the tavern. Since returning to Calanhelm she had spent a great deal of time there. In the past she had avoided alcohol, but since her time in the nightmare realm - well, things change.

Her attention was drawn to an out of place sound by the doors. Ah, Calan. She watched as he stumbled his way to a take.

Looking at her drink, she finished the half of it left and motioned to the bartender for another. Taking her belongings she headed to wear Calan sat.

"At least you didn't trip this time" she told him as she sat across from him. "How have you been doing?"

Calan gave a little smile at the sound of Cyra's voice absentmindedly he began to smooth out his clothes she was right at least he didn't trip this time. not being able to see was starting to get less frustrating in that respect.

the smile quickly fades"oh you know, I have been getting by." Calan takes a pause as he feels around on the table looking for a mug but then realized he actually hadn't ordered anything yet. he lets out a breath of disappointment. " I am a little stressed though if I am going, to be honest. First, I lost my mask in the nightmare realm, now I have lost my sight; I am beginning to feel like everything that makes me who I am is being stripped away from me. I need to go deeper into that crypt, the spirt down there told me I needed to go further, I need to know why I was the only one who could see the sprite that guided me down there, I want answers, and maybe If I do what's asked of me I will regain my sight, but I am sure that if I go alone I will only end up in the circle."

he paused beginning to feel foolish for having blurted so much out all at once.

" Enough about me, how are you? I feel like we didn't really get to talk much the other night."

She nodded, thanking the bar tender as they passed her another drink. "I've been alright. It's good to be back. How have you been fairing with the loss of your sight? It can't be easy to be so life changing." She smiled, "although I do like our new mask more then the old."

"Much better now, it has been an adjustment for sure. I may or may not have destroyed the room I am staying in the first night. partially form bumbling around and partially because I was angry." He pulls a bag of coin from his pocket and starts feeling the different coin shape and sizes. luckily it wasn't too difficult to tell the difference. " when someone comes back would you mind getting their attention so that I could order a drink." he placed four silver on the table. " might as well order a few." He pauses a second. " and thank you, it took a while to make. I was going to have to recarve out the eye holes because they are a bit small but... well I am not going to be able to do that any time soon not that it makes a difference anyway. I am glad someone likes it; not everyone around here cares for my masks."

A voice only Calan can hear quietly rings in his head. The familiar voice of the Tari'nor speaks softly but the tone is firm.

"I received your letters and I'll be there. I won't be staying long, have to return home. But I intend to help you as you helped me."

Calan smirks, feeling a little more confident in that moment leans forward a bit.

"Cyra I hope I am not overstepping by asking this but, would you come along with me and my party to explore a crypt in a few weeks?"

She signalled the barmaid for another drink and simply watched him. After a time she said "you do realize the last time I did this I died, right?" She sighed. "I guess somebody has to keep you from stumbling into walls."

She downed her drink before standing. "Just let me know when in where. If you'd excuse me, I now have business to attend to."

She waited for his reply before leaving.

A grimace of concern crossed his face. "No, I'm afraid I hadn't known that. But, thank you I'll be sure to let you know. Fair well."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back