Summer Picnic Party

Torie said:
I can bring marinated beef and chicken. Do we have a rough estimate of bodies? I want to make sure to bring enough food. I can also make potato salad

Thanks for asking, because I was wondering the same. I was talking to my local butcher about the lamb and they can only get whole legs up to entire carcasses. If we only need a few shanks, rather go that route.

I was going to base our estimated numbers off of the pre-reg list. That probably won't be 100% complete until Saturday the 22nd.

:)

Well, I have to look at ordering it this weekend...so I will guestimate and what I got is it.

I wouldn't expect people to eat 20 different things. I bet most folks are going to only sample 6 or fewer things, so I would guess preparing a dish for 6-8 people (assuming everyone brings something) would provide enough food for everyone.

Just my guess. I can't say I am super experienced in potlucks, but every one I have been to has had a significant amount of left overs and that is even with 25% freeloaders (folks that didn't bring food) on average.

We usually run between 60-80 people at the event. At the moment, we're looking closer to 60.

Do with that what you will. :) I can't guarantee the whole group will be at the party, but i'd guess most of them will come.

Yeah, what Seth said. Don't try to feed everybody, that would be craziness. Bring a thing to share for more people than just you, and you'll be in pretty good shape.

Yeah, totally what Seth and Matt said, btw. When i say 60, I don't mean, plan on feeding 60 people.

Ryan W said:
Who would be in for a water fight with buckets and bottles?
As long as you leave people out of it who want no part of it. I wold hate to see it... Spill over...

evi1r0n said:
Ryan W said:
Who would be in for a water fight with buckets and bottles?
As long as you leave people out of it who want no part of it. I wold hate to see it... Spill over...

That hurt.

I can go to the event and I will help set up. Also, probably bring something to eat...

-Lauren

The pot luck food list has been updated with everyone that has posted what they are planning to bring. If you have changed your mind, let us know.

If you plan to bring something or would like to please feel free to post what it here. As stated previously, please just make a dish that can feed like 6-8 people. We all plan to share what we bring.

Also, NPCs are more then welcome to participate in the picnic and bring food to share. I believe plot is planning for you all to be able to join in and have fun with us!

Thank you to everyone for helping to make this happen!! :)

I will be bringing an Asian Coleslaw (this has no mayo in it).

because of travel arrangements, I will not have my grill along.

This sounds like a ton of fun. I am planning on bringing some kind of dessert to share with people.

Also going to be bringing a Three Bean Salad.

Back