Superiors and all that Jazz

Krow

Walking up at the crack of noon Baibh rolled over uncomfortably, he grunted once and sat up to begin the ritual of putting on his clothes, boots and weapons.

“Not made fer mornin’s ‘Hats fer sure.” He grumbled as he lumbered towards the door of the house he’d been staying in. Cracking it open he was welcomed to the sights and sounds of a midday Lux and made his way grumpily towards the Homeguard barracks where he had business of his own accord for once.

Walking Past the stone walls he called out, “STIG! XAMOT! CATO!” like a Lummox and waited, hope that they’d heard him and would also be frustrated that a militiamen had just summoned his superior officers.

After getting his morning java Cato walks from the Tavern. Hearing some yelling in the direction of the Home Guard barracks he walks in that direction, thinking it's way to early to have to kill someone.

As he approaches the barracks he spots Baibh.
"Morning Baibh, what's up?"

From through the small hole in the barraks, sounding through the interior, vibrating from the back wall and door a voice rings from the small home the barraks were built on too...

"VHAT!"

"Here." Baibh says and thrusts a half dozen sealed envelopes into Cato and Stig's arms, "Make sure these get to who they need to, I need to go make some preperations."

Stig stands blinking for a moment looking back and forth from the envelopes and Baibh, whis in full stride headed away.
"Coulda say please" he mumbles as he sorts through the envelopes
"Stig" again mumbling, as he puts one in his pocket
"Cato" as he hand one off to cato
"K" as another goes in his pocket
Finish sorting the last 3 he holds them out too Cato with a momentary stare then a small crack of a smile
"Footman Cato ....... PLEASE"

Myrdin walked into the Homeguard barracks. He looked around briefly, then saw Stig.

"Lieutenant Stig, I heff request. Elinor is looking to go to Calanhelm to find out what heppened to Brighton and asked Adraxis and me to come. Is this possible for us to leave the Lux and talk to the Homeguard in Calanhelm?"

"By all means Myrdin"
He says before turning with raised eyebrow
"Buh vhat n vheres Brighton?

"I believe is south and east of Calanhelm. It was Elinor's home before coming to The Lux."
He made a slight nod of respect with his head. "Thank you, Lieutenant, we'll be back in time for the wedding. See you there."

He turned and left, making brisk pace to meet with the others.

Back