Suppress Magic and Spell Store

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Let's say I have a spell store filled already. Then I get hit with a Suppress Magic. Can I activate those spells out of those spell stores? My thought is no, but the text doesn't entirely line up even though it suggests that you can't (since the intent seems like you can't activate a magic item).

Spell Store Text
This Ritual will create a rechargeable Battle Magic spell slot. To charge the item, a spell must be touch-cast into it. The possessor of the item must then incant "Absorb." A Spell Store item or person may not intercept a thrown spell and absorb it in any circumstances. Once charged, anyone in possession of the item may activate the spells stored within as if they were activating a magic item. The spells stored can be of any combination of levels up to the maximum spell levels allowed by the Ritual performed. Thus a fifth level Spell Store item or person could hold one fifth level spell or five first level spells. Note that the spells stored in the item must be of the same aspect as the Spell Store itself. Thus you cannot store Earth Battle Magic spells in a Celestial Spell Store item or vice versa.

Suppress Magic
Eldritch Force; 10 minutes
This effect prevents a target from using any
instant or timed effects generated by rituals
on their spirit, body or items.
This effect cannot be removed by Dispel
Magic or Purify.

Correct, the parts you have highlighted explain the intent perfectly.

Utilizing a spell which is stored within a Spell Store, or attempting to absorb a spell into a spell store, *is* using an Instant effect generated by a ritual (the activation/absorption is the instantaneous effect), where as using something like a Potency is an example of using a timed effect.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but there was some discussion on it. I appreciate the clarification.

Back