Symposium Post

liren

Hi all,

Here is the much awaited official post about symposium. Most of you have been made aware of the changes that are discussed in this post, but if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Erin or myself and we will be happy to help you.

As many of you are aware, Erin and I attended Alliance Symposium to represent our chapter. Here are the highlights of the rules and policy changes we discussed.

• Effective August 1st, black makeup for Dark Elves will no longer be allowed. Players may switch their makeup to blue, purple, or grey, or may opt to change their race if they prefer. Details here: https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/dark-elf-makeup-requirement-change.37453/ Our Maelstrom plot team will be crafting a story relating to this change in their campaign, so please stay tuned for more details on the timeline for that and how it might affect your PC.
  • A lot of our time, of course, was spent discussing the 2.0 rules changes. The Alliance Rules Committee will be releasing a new version of the playtest packet within the next 6-8 weeks, that reflects the changes voted on at Symposium. We voted to allow full weekend playtests (normal events, with build and everything), in order to make sure we really understand how these proposed changes will work over the course of a full event. We intend to run two of these, so players of both campaigns can have a chance to experience the playtest rules in full. We, and the plot teams, will have more details about these events soon. These playtests will award build for your character and will be run like full events. We cannot discuss any specifics of the potential rules at this time, but are happy to answer any questions that you might have to the best of our ability.
Thank you for your patience on getting this post out, and again, please feel free to reach out to Erin or myself with any questions.

Best,
Anthea
General Manager

Back